International games 11 - 17 Oct 2023

Would you miss international football if it was scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s easy to see why people fall out of love with international football when there is so many stop/starts in the season, especially if the national team doesn‘t play to the expectations that some fans have.

Personally, I’ve always, and always will support the national team but some of the gash that they‘ve churn out lately doesn’t get me on the edge of my seat, or even turning the coverage on in some cases.
I agree with you. There are far too many inconsequential international matches now. Instead of playing just qualifiers, its a qualifier and a friendly most breaks so instead of having the qualifiers completed in 5 windows its more like 8. Way too many shit meaningless games

I agree with you. There are far too many inconsequential international matches now. Instead of playing just qualifiers, its a qualifier and a friendly most breaks so instead of having the qualifiers completed in 5 windows its more like 8. Way too many shit meaningless games
There aren’t many friendlies these days as the Nations League has tried to add a bit of competition.

Friendlies only really come about if you have an odd number of teams in your qualifying group.

Before the Scotland game, our last friendly was March 2022, I think.

There aren’t many friendlies these days as the Nations League has tried to add a bit of competition.

Friendlies only really come about if you have an odd number of teams in your qualifying group.

Before the Scotland game, our last friendly was March 2022, I think.
Well the last 2 have both featured friendlies. We could have played qualifiers in one of them surely.

And Nations League is just adding lots of extra games that mean fuck all really

Well the last 2 have both featured friendlies. We could have played qualifiers in one of them surely.

And Nations League is just adding lots of extra games that mean fuck all really
In an odd numbered group, there will always be 2 extra dates where the other 4 teams play each other.

Nations League do mean less to the top teams, but allow an extra way of qualifying for major tournaments to lesser sides.

I’m walking around Stalybridge with a nail in my shoe tonight, I find that far more enjoyable than International football. I developed an aversion to International football when the England team had too many Rags, no way could I cheer on “Becks” “Wayne” or “Rio”, knocked me sick listening to fellow blues supporting those wankers.
I know what you mean, but STALYBRIDGE!!!!!!!

You've crossed the line from being rationally uninspired by international football to being insane there :)

Absolute borefest coming up :(
It really shouldnt be with the players he's picked but it will be. Clear instruction to stay behind the ball and protect the defence. Then long ball to Kane and Rashford when we're under pressure because we're sat so far back

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.