International games 11 - 17 Oct 2023

Would you miss international football if it was scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Stones has been out for ages and waistcoat picks him for two back to back games. Cheers.
Waistcoat is beyond a joke now.

Plays Stones successively for no real reason, bet he was creaming himself at the thought of getting Maguire and Phillips back into his “best XI” and then shoving Rashford back onto the LW instead of Grealish.

Foden’s only starting because Saka is absent.

The sooner the waistcoat twat is given the boot the better.

I’ve just seen the England team. I know Southgate is a fuckwit but how can he pick Stones, who hasn’t played yet this season (apart from a few minutes as a sub), Phillips, Slabhead and Rashford. It’s baffling.

At least the Pointer in Chief, Henderson, isn’t starting.
Stones and Maguire make sense as they’re a proven duo. If it wasn’t Phillips, it’d be Henderson. Kalvin gets some well needed minutes, so not all bad.

Rashford is beyond perplexing. Out of form and extremely one dimensional.
Playing Watkins off the left makes more sense if you want a goal threat from there.

On here? I'm glad he's starting. Needs as many minutes as he can get outside of our first 11
Minutes for what ? Gives us no benefits cos we don’t play him anyway.

I don’t think a guy who is clearly on a bit of a jolly at City, coasting along, going thru the motions of being a pro footballer deserves international caps

Minutes for what ? Gives us no benefits cos we don’t play him anyway.

I don’t think a guy who is clearly on a bit of a jolly at City, coasting along, going thru the motions of being a pro footballer deserves international caps
You never know when or if he's going to be needed. Could be 5 mins at the end of a game to see it out. Could be a covid outbreak and he needs to play. The more game time he gets, the better it is for us. It could even just be to sell him if he puts in a couple good performances for England

Stones and Maguire make sense as they’re a proven duo. If it wasn’t Phillips, it’d be Henderson. Kalvin gets some well needed minutes, so not all bad.

Rashford is beyond perplexing. Out of form and extremely one dimensional.
Playing Watkins off the left makes more sense if you want a goal threat from there.
Rashford has been that bad he's even getting it from his own fans. He's Forest Gump. Just runs fast in a straight line in to trouble then tries to cut back and shoot. Has zero awareness of his fellow attackers. Cant hold it up. Just runs fast and kicks it hard. Hasnt progressed from the tactics when he was 12

Rashford has been that bad he's even getting it from his own fans. He's Forest Gump. Just runs fast in a straight line in to trouble then tries to cut back and shoot. Has zero awareness of his fellow attackers. Cant hold it up. Just runs fast and kicks it hard. Hasnt progressed from the tactics when he was 12
Agreed.His form is basically when his shooting happens to be slightly more accurate than usual.

Jill Scott chatting nonsense about Rashford playing to keep the width. I guess she’s never seen him play.

Ideally would want phillips and grealish playing for the minutes, stones to get 20 minutes tops and foden and walker to sit it out. Never going to get any favours from waistcoat though.

Stones hasn't started all season so he brings him on for half hour in a pointless friendly then will get 90 minutes out of him tonight completely rinsing him before he breaks down again. As much as a despise Ferguson, he was brilliant at getting players to prioritise club over country, we really need to start taking a leaf out of his book. Martinez was equally as bad when he was Belgium manager and now he's got our Portuguese players to do the same with.

You never know when or if he's going to be needed. Could be 5 mins at the end of a game to see it out. Could be a covid outbreak and he needs to play. The more game time he gets, the better it is for us. It could even just be to sell him if he puts in a couple good performances for England
Fair comment about selling him, England v Italy is a decent shop window

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.