iPhone 5!

Irwell said:
SWP's back said:
I do smile when people keep referring to money as if it's an important issue.

Why buy a BMW 5 series instead of a Vauxhall Vectra or a house in Didsbury when you could move to Salford for half the price, or a nice Submariner when you could get a Casio.... blah blah fucking blah.

There are only a few fanboys in here and that's the guys that get off on slating Apple and iPhones.
No, what you are doing is buying the Vectra for 5 series money while the rest of us are getting a 5 series at a discount.

SWP's back said:
You think you have a better product? Brilliant, I am happy for you. Now why don't you run along as just be happy with your own purchase? It's almost as if the lady doth protest too much.
Like I said, I'm trying to get my head around the concept. I just don't understand why anyone would buy one. It really does bug me if I can't get my head around something.

It's all a matter of opinion.

mancmackem said:
Also on the bloatware point, but you can get custom ROM's for Android devices that remove bloatware and help the device perform better as a result. You can also jailbreak Iphones as we know. I've never done one, so won't claim if it is easier or harder. All I know is that out of all the Iphone users I know, only one managed to jailbreak his phone. Others left it as stock (fair enough) or took it to a store and pay a fee.

You shouldn't have to get a ROM though to get the new features that are already out and even if you decide on a custom ROM you have to wait for that because you may need a update from a manufacturers to get key features like cell data working. On jailbreaking it's pretty much one click to Jailbreak now but apple add mods from the jailbreak community to their ios for example the notification center so there's not that much reason to jailbreak anymore. Hate iTunes though and now for the iPhone 5 having to buy adapters.

Irwell said:
SWP's back said:
I do smile when people keep referring to money as if it's an important issue.

Why buy a BMW 5 series instead of a Vauxhall Vectra or a house in Didsbury when you could move to Salford for half the price, or a nice Submariner when you could get a Casio.... blah blah fucking blah.

There are only a few fanboys in here and that's the guys that get off on slating Apple and iPhones.
No, what you are doing is buying the Vectra for 5 series money while the rest of us are getting a 5 series at a discount.

SWP's back said:
You think you have a better product? Brilliant, I am happy for you. Now why don't you run along as just be happy with your own purchase? It's almost as if the lady doth protest too much.
Like I said, I'm trying to get my head around the concept. I just don't understand why anyone would buy one. It really does bug me if I can't get my head around something.
You forget to say "in your opinion".

And we aren't getting a Vectra and you misuderstand my point. Often you can get a better level of spec in a cheaper car than in the Beemer, but that is for the very simple reason that they can't sell your Skoda for a BMW price. Because no one would buy it, QED the iPhone is more desirable and for those of us that don't talk about money every two minutes, they are the most desirable phone.

SWP's back said:
I'm not bother who thinks the phone looks old? I don't want go faster stripes or bits and pieces that make it look like an F1 car. I want something that fits in my hand and is light and thin, not an X Wing fighter.

That's fine, but Apple aren't developing a phone just for you.

You've had an iPhones in the past, so I'd class you as a traditional customer to Apple and the iPhone as per my previous post.

To others (consider more than one person's view just for a minute), either current or potential new adopters, they may see the design of the phone as 'old'. This may be the way wanted Apple to go, as again i stated above and may help them increase market share.

Others may think why Apple didn't want to try something new, however big or small. This group of people see technology as a fast moving sector and a change may have made the look and feel of the device better over other devices (not just running Android). It may have been a disaster by tinkering with the design, only time will tell with sales figures.

The iPhone works for you, that's fine. But some of us are throwing our views into the ring, either complimentary or critical. A forum is about debate is it not?

I was harsh by coming on and just saying it looked and sounded 'shit', I apologise. Which is why I've tried to elaborate on my view of the keynote and what it has outlined about the phone.

MCFC4EVR said:
You shouldn't have to get a ROM though to get the new features that are already out and even if you decide on a custom ROM you have to wait for that because you may need a update from a manufacturers to get key features like cell data working. On jailbreaking it's pretty much one click to Jailbreak now but apple add mods from the jailbreak community to their ios for example the notification center so there's not that much reason to jailbreak anymore. Hate iTunes though and now for the iPhone 5 having to buy adapters.
You don't have to install a custom ROM, for example the S2 is getting Jelly Bean. The original S isn't getting it, but then the 3GS and 4 didn't get full iOS 5 (or 4 for the 3GS) either. They got an update called iOS 5, but the key features like Siri were stripped out. For Android the remaining small features are just back-ported and released as point releases to the older Android so you get some of the features without it officially being ICS or Jelly Bean. Both ecosystems update the OS to the same extent for older devices but have a different naming convention which makes it appear iOS supports older devices for longer.

If you do go down the custom ROM route, though, you get infinitely more control. For example I have a custom slimmed down Jelly Bean ROM on mine with a tweaked and overclocked kernel.

Androids and iphones both have their audiences and are better at certain things than the other. For me i would nearly always pick an android because im a tech nerd and the extra flexibility is something i want. Imho apple have come out poorly in this lawsuit, its yet to be seen if people really care and thats dependent on their new phone but i know a lot of people have converted because of the s2 & 3 alone.

mancmackem said:
SWP's back said:
I'm not bother who thinks the phone looks old? I don't want go faster stripes or bits and pieces that make it look like an F1 car. I want something that fits in my hand and is light and thin, not an X Wing fighter.

That's fine, but Apple aren't developing a phone just for you.

Source?

You've had an iPhones in the past, so I'd class you as a traditional customer to Apple and the iPhone as per my previous post.

Just the 4 when those Apps I need were released and I was "pressed" into it by everyone at my firm. Wasn't too happy about it but immediately loved it once it arrived. Couple of times I've needed Apple CS, they have been brilliant

To others (consider more than one person's view just for a minute), either current or potential new adopters, they may see the design of the phone as 'old'. This may be the way wanted Apple to go, as again i stated above and may help them increase market share.

That's the thing, I am not really interested in other peoples views? If they want the iPhone then great, if they don't then I am happy for them to have the cheaper phone of their choice. I don't denegrate their choice or try and feel superior about it.

Others may think why Apple didn't want to try something new, however big or small. This group of people see technology as a fast moving sector and a change may have made the look and feel of the device better over other devices (not just running Android). It may have been a disaster by tinkering with the design, only time will tell with sales figures.

The iPhone works for you, that's fine. But some of us are throwing our views into the ring, either complimentary or critical. A forum is about debate is it not?

It is yes but read the thread and see where the "sheep", "Apple users must be pissed off", "why would anyone buy that" etc etc comes from.

I was harsh by coming on and just saying it looked and sounded 'shit', I apologise. Which is why I've tried to elaborate on my view of the keynote and what it has outlined about the phone.

I'll only forgive you if you buy me a brass or a semi brass or give me a reach around in Amsterdam (note if you are not going there then fuck you!)

SWP's back said:
QED the iPhone is more desirable and for those of us that don't talk about money every two minutes, they are the most desirable phone.
It isn't the more desirable phone, though. The S3 outsells the iPhone and is pretty similar in price. The decision isn't made based on price or value for money, it's based on the quality of the product. The S3 is quite simply better in all regards, functionality, aesthetics, specifications and performance.

I was talking to Ric the other day and he was saying, when this site runs slow it's because all the people who view Bluemoon using their shit phones, he said if everyone had an iPhone we wouldn't have this problem.

MCFC4EVR said:

I wasn't talking about new features, I was talking about bloatware loaded onto the stock ROM's by the carriers. Programmers in the Android community, for example, will develop their own custom ROM that removes all of the unnecessary applications you cannot remove from stock ROM's for them to load that onto the device and use to make it perform better.

Others adopt these custom ROM's for the same purpose.

As I don't know about Iphones, I'm not sure if jailbreaking a device will allow, for example, an application(s) a user may not want to use (e.g. Stock Price app) to be removed. Less apps can lead to less space and memory being used on the device, thus improving the performance of the hardware.

I don't get the connector change, but they didn't cover the benefits on the CNET stream I was watching so will hopefully find out more later. If there's performance benefits then great, but looking at the cynical side also people may see it as a £30 grab because they may need to buy the adapter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.