iPhone 5!

SWP's back said:
Irwell said:
SWP's back said:
I do smile when people keep referring to money as if it's an important issue.

Why buy a BMW 5 series instead of a Vauxhall Vectra or a house in Didsbury when you could move to Salford for half the price, or a nice Submariner when you could get a Casio.... blah blah fucking blah.

There are only a few fanboys in here and that's the guys that get off on slating Apple and iPhones.
No, what you are doing is buying the Vectra for 5 series money while the rest of us are getting a 5 series at a discount.

SWP's back said:
You think you have a better product? Brilliant, I am happy for you. Now why don't you run along as just be happy with your own purchase? It's almost as if the lady doth protest too much.
Like I said, I'm trying to get my head around the concept. I just don't understand why anyone would buy one. It really does bug me if I can't get my head around something.
You forget to say "in your opinion".

And we aren't getting a Vectra and you misuderstand my point. Often you can get a better level of spec in a cheaper car than in the Beemer, but that is for the very simple reason that they can't sell your Skoda for a BMW price. Because no one would buy it, QED the iPhone is more desirable and for those of us that don't talk about money every two minutes, they are the most desirable phone.
Your point should've been ,ay why am I paying more for my 2.0 litre X5 when he's got the 3.5 sport for less.Or my bastard neighbour in Didsbury/Salford paid £20 grand less for his house and he's got a fuckin conservatory and we havent .

mancmackem said:
I wasn't talking about new features, I was talking about bloatware loaded onto the stock ROM's by the carriers. Programmers in the Android community, for example, will develop their own custom ROM that removes all of the unnecessary applications you cannot remove from stock ROM's for them to load that onto the device and use to make it perform better.
You don't have to install a custom ROM to do this, you can just root the phone and uninstall the apps.

SWP's back said:
That's the thing, I am not really interested in other peoples views?

Well why are you on this thread, or even the whole forum then?

You are wasting your time reading some of these posts if you are content with your own view.

Irwell said:
SWP's back said:
QED the iPhone is more desirable and for those of us that don't talk about money every two minutes, they are the most desirable phone.
It isn't the more desirable phone, though. The S3 outsells the iPhone and is pretty similar in price. The decision isn't made based on price or value for money, it's based on the quality of the product. The S3 is quite simply better in all regards, functionality, aesthetics, specifications and performance.
Be happy then.

And the vectra outsells the 5 series.

Which is more desirable?

Irwell said:
You don't have to install a custom ROM to do this, you can just root the phone and uninstall the apps.

Fair enough, but others also use the custom ROM so they don't have to root the phone. One reason might be if it ever has to go in for warranty repair.

Others will do it the way you say and unroot the phone if they ever had to send it in.

Different ways.

SWP's back said:

Which is more desirable?
If two products are in the same price bracket then the one that sells more is the more desirable. Your analogy is invalid.

mancmackem said:
SWP's back said:
That's the thing, I am not really interested in other peoples views?

Well why are you on this thread, or even the whole forum then?

You are wasting your time reading some of these posts if you are content with your own view.

The thread was seeing when the 5 was being released.

The Apples haters decided to jump all over it spouting their stuff. I am rebutting. I'm still not interested in their views though I am passing the time waiting for my Mrs to come home by letting you all know you're a bunch of cunts.

Irwell said:
SWP's back said:

Which is more desirable?
If two products are in the same price bracket then the one that sells more is the more desirable. Your analogy is invalid.

I wouldn't bother, he's not interested in other people's views.

3193124-man-closing-his-eyes-while-covering-his-ears.jpg

Just let him go and buy the f**king thing and be happy :-)

mancmackem said:
Fair enough, but others also use the custom ROM so they don't have to root the phone. One reason might be if it ever has to go in for warranty repair.

Others will do it the way you say and unroot the phone if they ever had to send it in.

Different ways.
You will cause more problems flashing. If you unroot the phone it's difficult to tell it was ever rooted unless you forget to put the system apps back. If you flash a custom ROM you have to worry about the flash counter which counts how many times a ROM has been flashed to your phone. Even if you flash a stock ROM back they will know you have flashed it unless you know how to bodge the flash counter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.