IPTV

I have a feeling it’s the optical that’s the problem mate, it’s confusing the switching of the sound and reverting to the optical, next time you try it put your headphones on I bet the sky plays through them instead. If you have Bluetooth headphones they should connect to the tv directly. I’d suggest buying some Bluetooth headphones I like my Apple AirPods they work a treat on mine.
All good with the sound this morning Maverick, removal of the optical and DAC device may have just cured the problem. I will have to persevere for late night TV viewing by re connecting, as we need the wireless and 2 headphones. Thanks to everbody for their input. Appreciated.

Last edited:
No the sound is fully through the TV speakers and the power cable is for the tv's dedicated box. The qled Sammys use an external box for all throughputs. We can also get te sound restored by taking the firestick out of the tv's box and then putting back in again.

Checked all connections as below but look good to go and have removed wi fi headset speakers completly to see if had any effect on the muted sound. Sound is only muted when reverting back from firestick to Sky. Thanks for having a look anyway it's appreciated.

sju9UKe.jpg

hReRzUB.jpg

Hb57XjO.jpg

OiXqyJp.jpg
Ah right, Gotta be the telly box settings surely. Have you tried with the CEC turned off on all gadgets

Ah right, Gotta be the telly box settings surely. Have you tried with the CEC turned off on all gadgets
Mine did similar it’s a lot of messing about in the audio settings to keep switching as the tv gets confused what to output to. HDMI is used nowadays for both sound and vision whereas the old optical was just for sound so it should be one or the other as the tv doesn’t know which to switch to it tends to revert optical for sone reason

All good with the sound this morning Maverick, removal of the optical and DAC device may have just cured the problem. I will have to persevere for late night TV viewing by re connecting, as we need the wireless and 2 headphones. Thanks to everbody for their input. Appreciated.
What is the model number of your tv? I know you said samsung Qled 95 but there are different models.

My bad ..the DAC and optical is still connected. However the sound muting has not replicated itself this morning so maybe the sound settings or reversing the hdmi lead for handshake or a simple re connection the leads.

The wife has tampered with all the sound settings and the main ones of interest show CEC is showing as on and surround sound showing best available as opposed to pcm, dolby digital plus, and dolby digital.

TV model is Samsung QE75Q90R

Mine did similar it’s a lot of messing about in the audio settings to keep switching as the tv gets confused what to output to. HDMI is used nowadays for both sound and vision whereas the old optical was just for sound so it should be one or the other as the tv doesn’t know which to switch to it tends to revert optical for sone reason
Bob neglected to mention his optical connection or the other little box he has.
If i lose power to my whole system (tv, bt box, android, amp) then i have to power it all up again in specific order for the cec's to connect properly.

Bob neglected to mention his optical connection or the other little box he has.
If i lose power to my whole system (tv, bt box, android, amp) then i have to power it all up again in specific order for the cec's to connect properly.
Apologies Stoner and it only came to light when Maverick enquired as to the optical cable that fed to the DAC.

Anyway somethings been tickled whether inadvertantly or otherwise. as not a peep from the problem this morning.
Will continue to monitor

I’m ready to join the revolution but no idea what I’m doing!! Sky have just emailed me to say my overall subscription is going up by £10 again. I’ve got 5 months left on my contract and will be canceling at the end.
It seems like a sensible idea to run in parallel,
So I gather I need a 4k fire stick and a good IPTV provider? VPN too?
I have fibre broadband supplied by Sky, is this a problem?
Any info great fully received.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.