IPTV

No the sound is fully through the TV speakers and the power cable is for the tv's dedicated box. The qled Sammys use an external box for all throughputs. We can also get te sound restored by taking the firestick out of the tv's box and then putting back in again.

Checked all connections as below but look good to go and have removed wi fi headset speakers completly to see if had any effect on the muted sound. Sound is only muted when reverting back from firestick to Sky. Thanks for having a look anyway it's appreciated.

sju9UKe.jpg

hReRzUB.jpg

Hb57XjO.jpg

OiXqyJp.jpg
Hi mate can you tell me why you have the optical connected? If I was connecting this up, I’d put Sky in to hdmi 1, fire tv in hdmi 2, I assume it’s a one connect box that then feed to your tv via a small thin wire?
there should be no need for optical these days as hdmi does sound and picture It could be interfering with the switch.
It sounds like it maybe a hdmi handshaking issue, try reversing the sky hdmi round the other way as well, sometimes hdmi only work one way.

Last edited:
Hi mate can you tell me why you have the optical connected? If I was connecting this up, I’d put Sky in to hdmi 1, fire tv in hdmi 2, I assume it’s a one connect box that then feed to your tv via a small thin wire?
there should be no need for optical these days as hdmi does sound and picture It could be interfering with the switch.
It sounds like it maybe a hdmi handshaking issue, try reversing the sky hdmi round the other way as well, sometimes hdmi only work one way.
The opticals connected because it interfaces with a DAC adapter we purchased, to aleviate the issue of not having a headphone jack for our wireless headphone set. Regression not progression in removing a jack plug off a higher end TV. Well done Samsung eh.

The box feeds to the TV via the one connect wire you mention. Re the handshake issue I will swop the HDMI after the footie. Will let you know later and thanks for helping.

8ohpiaE.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, the opticals connected because it interfaces with a seperate adapter we purchased to aleviate the issue of not having a headphone tv jack for our wireless headphone set. Regression not progression in removing a jack plug off a higher end TV. Well done Samsung eh.

The box feeds to the TV via the thin one connect wire you mention. Re the handshaking issue I will have to re thread the HDMI after the footie. Will let you know later and thanks for helping.

8ohpiaE.jpg

What technology do the wireless headphones use?

Samsung TVs have Bluetooth built-in that allows you to link to your headphones.

Try the optical direct without the adapter maybe?

Cheap adapters are often responsible for these sort of connection issues.

Hi, the opticals connected because it interfaces with a seperate adapter we purchased to aleviate the issue of not having a headphone tv jack for our wireless headphone set. Regression not progression in removing a jack plug off a higher end TV. Well done Samsung eh.

The box feeds to the TV via the thin one connect wire you mention. Re the handshaking issue I will have to re thread the HDMI after the footie. Will let you know later and thanks for helping.

8ohpiaE.jpg
I have a feeling it’s the optical that’s the problem mate, it’s confusing the switching of the sound and reverting to the optical, next time you try it put your headphones on I bet the sky plays through them instead. If you have Bluetooth headphones they should connect to the tv directly. I’d suggest buying some Bluetooth headphones I like my Apple AirPods they work a treat on mine.

Thanks for the answers and with re the headsets. Bluetooth technology only allows for the use of one headset per device.Wireless on the other hand can use more than one headset/channel to connect, so I can multi task and listen in to the TV from my comptuter station and then switch/tune the wireless headset back to my computer for music. Alternatively we can both use a set of wireless headsets for our late night films.

As the TV doesn't possess an aux jack we had to invest in the DAC adapter which works a treat.
@Blue Maverick, I will take out the optical cable for a few days to see if this eliminates the problem.

Last edited:
What technology do the wireless headphones use?
Just wireless tech mate. UHF?
Samsung TVs have Bluetooth built-in that allows you to link to your headphones.
They do but no good for Bluetooth as we use 2 headsets
Try the optical direct without the adapter maybe?
There would be no point using the optical as we could just connect HDMI. The optical is only used because of the adapter
Cheap adapters are often responsible for these sort of connection issues.
It could be the case, so maybe some trial and elimination for a few days.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.