IPTV

I'm the same with the cube. 90 hardwired (limit if router) and 425 on wifi

I have gigabit ethernet around the house. Obviously the Cubes 100mb port cannot make use of it.
For streaming this is fine and the most reliable connection.
If you download a lot or run run a server/NAS, then wi-fi would be better.

As mentioned, it is poor my Cube 3 only has 100mb ethernet. But it is wi-fi 6, so at least you have a decent option.
My Mesh is wi-fi 6, so i could connect that way, but i only stream from it.
I think they held back, so the Cube 4 has gigabit ethernet as a reason to upgrade!

I have gigabit ethernet around the house. Obviously the Cubes 100mb port cannot make use of it.
For streaming this is fine and the most reliable connection.
If you download a lot or run run a server/NAS, then wi-fi would be better.

As mentioned, it is poor my Cube 3 only has 100mb ethernet. But it is wi-fi 6, so at least you have a decent option.
My Mesh is wi-fi 6, so i could connect that way, but i only stream from it.
I think they held back, so the Cube 4 has gigabit ethernet as a reason to upgrade!
Ah right, thanks for that.
I was led to believe it was the EERO 6 router had the speed constraint, not the cube.

I'm the same with the cube. 90 hardwired (limit if router) and 425 on wifi

Read my comment above. Even if you have the best modem router available you won't receive any better speeds hardwired as it's bottlenecked by the shitty old port on the new cube. The 2nd Gen Cube I believe came with an ethernet adapter anyway but I used my own as this wasn't Gigabit. I imagine you can use a Gigabit USB to ethernet adapter in the USB port on the 3rd Gen but do you really need it?

fire cube manual says that portal is max out at 100

So the addition of a full Ethernet port in the latest Fire TV Cube is a good thing.

Just one problem, though. The port itself is what’s known as a 10/100 port, also known as Fast Ethernet. That means you’re not going to get beyond the theoretical speed of 100Mbps of data flowing through. And note that we’re talking about megabits per second in that 10/100 number, not megabytes. We’re talking speed, not file size.

For contrast, the top theoretical speed of Wi-Fi 6E on the Fire TV Cube is a ridiculous (but awesome) 9.6Gbps. Note the uppercase G there for gigabits, not megabits. That’s a lot more data moving around.

I know that.

Read my comment above. Even if you have the best modem router available you won't receive any better speeds hardwired as it's bottlenecked by the shitty old port on the new cube. The 2nd Gen Cube I believe came with an ethernet adapter anyway but I used my own as this wasn't Gigabit. I imagine you can use a Gigabit USB to ethernet adapter in the USB port on the 3rd Gen but do you really need it?

I know that.
Read my comment above too :)

Yes, lan connection from the router.

What provider are you with and what speeds do you get on your router?
Thanks for reply.
I pay for 300 and get 295 on both my android HD box and my Firestick 4K.
Measurement on Firestick via Network heading in Firestick Settings and are provide by Xtra Telecom S. A. listed as Provider and Connection (I live in Spain so installation of fiber probably by Moviestar).

Measurement on HD box via nPerf.

As previously stated both devices are LAN connected from the router (ZTE).

The hdmi cec setting is set to the on position mate and the sound is just running through the Telly.
TV is samsung qled 95 in combo with sky 2

Be nice if we could get to the bottom of it as it's more a nuisance value than anything else, having to remove power and replace it back everytime. Stumped with this.
Telly on surround sound? I presume you mean sky box when you say you have to remove power cable?

Thanks for reply.
I pay for 300 and get 295 on both my android HD box and my Firestick 4K.
Measurement on Firestick via Network heading in Firestick Settings and are provide by Xtra Telecom S. A. listed as Provider and Connection (I live in Spain so installation of fiber probably by Moviestar).

Measurement on HD box via nPerf.

As previously stated both devices are LAN connected from the router (ZTE).

Yep I’d definitely be wiring them like you have done. Think you should be getting more on your wireless devices though, there’s no way your firestick or android will be using that much bandwidth.

Telly on surround sound? I presume you mean sky box when you say you have to remove power cable?
No the sound is fully through the TV speakers and the power cable is for the tv's dedicated box. The qled Sammys use an external box for all throughputs. We can also get te sound restored by taking the firestick out of the tv's box and then putting back in again.

Checked all connections as below but look good to go and have removed wi fi headset speakers completly to see if had any effect on the muted sound. Sound is only muted when reverting back from firestick to Sky. Thanks for having a look anyway it's appreciated.

sju9UKe.jpg

hReRzUB.jpg

Hb57XjO.jpg

OiXqyJp.jpg

Last edited:
Logic says the issue has to be in the sound/audio settings. Firestick works fine alongside Sky at another address

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.