Iran Attack on Israel

It's bollocks, take my word for it, the RAF are in (or were) the skies over Iraq/(near) Syria, on their normal regular patrols. Any missiles/drones will have only come from Iran over Iraq, and we'd have shot them down, as they were a threat to us.

Saudi/Jordan would have similarly shot any down that came over their territory, because they are a threat to their people.

Iraq probably wouldn't have the resources/time to do much (or probably give a shit to be fair), Syria (government) just wouldn't give a shit.

On a another note, any missiles reaching Israel will not be the first ever, as many reached Israel in the 2nd gulf war from sadam.
How many fighter planes are in Cyprus, a squadron? They wouldn't be able to shoot that much down anyway.

Suppossed to be going sharm el sheikh, Egypt in July. Fuck chance I am going anywhere near there now. Gonna have to change it. Jusy checked and it's less than 200 miles from Gaza
If you’re weren’t aware of location and are worried about proximity, then definitely don’t swap it for a holiday to Cyprus. There’s a reason we’ve maintained an airbase on the holiday isle.

If you’re weren’t aware of location and are worried about proximity, then definitely don’t swap it for a holiday to Cyprus. There’s a reason we’ve maintained an airbase on the holiday isle.
Funnily enough I have just been looking at alternatives and Cyprus came up. It then dawned on me that thats just as close! Think Rhyl may be an option!

How many fighter planes are in Cyprus, a squadron? They wouldn't be able to shoot that much down anyway.
I honestly don't know (couldn't say if I did to be fair), it might be a squadron, but I doubt it, but how many are actually servicable at any point ? They need a tanker to support them, but can use US tankers too.

I honestly don't know (couldn't say if I did to be fair), it might be a squadron, but I doubt it, but how many are actually servicable at any point ? They need a tanker to support them, but can use US tankers too.
Absolutely, I was thinking 6 or maybe 8, possibly a full squadron with what's been going on with Yemen, but like you say the readiness and logistics needed would make it virtually useless in taking down targets in any large scale attack heading for Israel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.