Ireland Leaving - Absolute Disaster

i know players move on, and you try to improve on what you have,but imo it would be a disgrace if he went even worse to a rival,the club needs to retain players who have come through the ranks and are city through and through. take alook across town the rags have scholes,neville,giggs who are utd through and through,their success was partly due to retaining players who had come through the youth system...

BillyShears said:
leighton said:
The experience is what Viera brings to the team something Hughes was hoping that Barry would bring when he signed him which didnt work out for Hughes.

I suppose I can see that. But for me he has such limited mobility, that even his tackling is suspect. His passing isn't as good as Ireland's. Maybe his positional sense? Okay, I can see that he would be more disciplined than Ireland. That's it though...

Anyway, Mancini's the man...as long as we get 4th, if Ireland is sacrificed for the rest of the season, then so be it. The summer will take care of itself...;- )

I would hope he isnt sacrificed for the remainer of the season he needs to given some shinning light during the remaining games so he thinks that yes the gaffer wants me at the club so that he has something to fight for. The people who say Ireland isnt to the standard over the years he was the first 1 on some people lists to get rid of. He has seen off Elano at the club and Robhino 2 classy footballers so he is up for the battle for places he just needs a run of games like any decent midfielder. Vieria and Barry are not the future of this club its the younger players De Jongs and Ireland who should have a big part to play here.

BillyShears said:
Rammy Blue said:
Not just "footballing terms" though is it Billy.

What other terms are there...actually, don't bother...you've made it pretty clear you think my opinion on Ireland lacks credibility and I respect that, so on this subject we should leave it there...

You get the impression that a man who has won the world cup has a bit of presence about him that can help build team spirit.

Ireland, for all his qualities, is no leader. The fact this thread exists is proof of that.

BillyShears said:
Rammy Blue said:
Not just "footballing terms" though is it Billy.

What other terms are there...actually, don't bother...you've made it pretty clear you think my opinion on Ireland lacks credibility and I respect that, so on this subject we should leave it there...

You missed my point, I meant Patrick offers experience at playing in title run-ins which is perfect for us in our attempts for top4.

EDIT.....thanks TMQ for post above.

BillyShears said:
leighton said:
The experience is what Viera brings to the team something Hughes was hoping that Barry would bring when he signed him which didnt work out for Hughes.

I suppose I can see that. But for me he has such limited mobility, that even his tackling is suspect. His passing isn't as good as Ireland's. Maybe his positional sense? Okay, I can see that he would be more disciplined than Ireland. That's it though...

Anyway, Mancini's the man...as long as we get 4th, if Ireland is sacrificed for the rest of the season, then so be it. The summer will take care of itself...;- )

I'd never say Vieira was a better player than Stevie, but he definitely brings things to the team that Stevie doesn't:
-height
-tackling
-reading the game
-positional sense and discipline
-passing (yes, Stevie is better at some types of pass, but Vieira is a better possession manager and not bad creatively either)

Stevie, while hugely talented, is a one-paced player. He can only play at 100mph. Reminds me of Gerrard - who also needs a lot of accommodating in order to be effective

de niro said:
moomba said:
We're 2 goals short of averaging 2 goals a match under Mancini. We were 1 short of averaging 2 per match before he came.

Only 3 sides (rags, Chelsea, Arsenal) in the league are averaging more goals per game than we are under Mancini (Spurs are equal)

even more a shame that we dont actually try and go forward then.

Ah, if only Hughesie was still in charge... sitting 3rd. a couple of points off the leaders, already have the Carling Cup in the trophy cabinet, awaiting Villa in the semi's of the FA Cup... probably win the treble this season.

Yeah, that signing of Mathew Upson in the January window made all the difference...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.