Ireland Leaving - Absolute Disaster

moomba said:
de niro said:
but then we'd have to play the right way and try and score now and again.

We're 2 goals short of averaging 2 goals a match under Mancini. We were 1 short of averaging 2 per match before he came.

Only 3 sides (rags, Chelsea, Arsenal) in the league are averaging more goals per game than we are under Mancini (Spurs are equal)

even more a shame that we dont actually try and go forward then.

leighton said:
BillyShears said:
It's the Viera thing which I find baffling. I'm not entirely sure I have any idea what exactly Viera brings to the team, which Ireland doesn't in footballing terms...
The experience is what Viera brings to the team something Hughes was hoping that Barry would bring when he signed him which didnt work out for Hughes.

I suppose I can see that. But for me he has such limited mobility, that even his tackling is suspect. His passing isn't as good as Ireland's. Maybe his positional sense? Okay, I can see that he would be more disciplined than Ireland. That's it though...

Anyway, Mancini's the man...as long as we get 4th, if Ireland is sacrificed for the rest of the season, then so be it. The summer will take care of itself...;- )

BillyShears said:
It's the Viera thing which I find baffling. I'm not entirely sure I have any idea what exactly Viera brings to the team, which Ireland doesn't in footballing terms...

Not just "footballing terms" though is it Billy.

every young player goes through a period where they are not being played and feel as if they should, stick with it Stevie and you and the club will gain the rewards.

de niro said:
moomba said:
We're 2 goals short of averaging 2 goals a match under Mancini. We were 1 short of averaging 2 per match before he came.

Only 3 sides (rags, Chelsea, Arsenal) in the league are averaging more goals per game than we are under Mancini (Spurs are equal)

We do try and go forward. We often succeed. Hence why we've scored a decent amount of goals this season and lost so few times.

de niro said:
moomba said:

Have you ever seen a recent City side create as many chances in 3 consecutive away games as we have over the last 3 games against Chelsea, Sunderland and Fulham?

Rammy Blue said:
BillyShears said:

Not just "footballing terms" though is it Billy.

What other terms are there...actually, don't bother...you've made it pretty clear you think my opinion on Ireland lacks credibility and I respect that, so on this subject we should leave it there...

Rammy Blue said:
de niro said:

Have you ever seen a recent City side create as many chances in 3 consecutive away games as we have over the last 3 games against Chelsea, Sunderland and Fulham?

Yeah but how many scissor kicks did Mancini score for united?

de niro said:
moomba said:

Ha ha.

You must have thought you were onto a winner with defensive football but that's falling apart right in front of your eyes like points, and good defense already has.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.