Ireland Leaving - Absolute Disaster

The Fixer said:
Can i just gauge posters opinions on how they would feel if ireland was only going due to the arrival of a fabregas, hamsik kaka type player coming in ie a true world class playmaker?

It doesn't matter who's coming in... it's the manager's call.

Prestwich_Blue said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
I dont think it would be a loss at moment to be honest

and if anyone honestly thinks ferguscum would sign a player that cant even get in our team, or that are owners would be stupid enough to sell him to our rivals then you need to wake the fuck up because you living in a dream land
We're transferring you to another quiz team on Thursday.

HaHa!

Class player on his day and I was one of the few supporting him and willing him to prove the doubters wrong before last season. For whatever reason (largely down different players around him, no coincidence he shone brightest when sharing a midfield with Elano and Robbie IMO) it hasn't happened for him this season, I'd love him to stick it out and see how he goes next season but if he wants to go I wish him all the best.

If he does go to a rival he may return to give us the odd nip on the arse but certainly won't prevent our long term success so there's no way on earth it could be considered a disaster.

Soulboy said:
The Fixer said:
Can i just gauge posters opinions on how they would feel if ireland was only going due to the arrival of a fabregas, hamsik kaka type player coming in ie a true world class playmaker?

It doesn't matter who's coming in... it's the manager's call.

Oh i agree bud, i was just trying to bend a few arms to see how much ppl really wanted him if that quality sort of replacement was on the way in.

moomba said:
de niro said:
even more a shame that we dont actually try and go forward then.

Ha ha.

You must have thought you were onto a winner with defensive football but that's falling apart right in front of your eyes like points, and good defense already has.

we've been dire at times and you know it, boring and negative.
however the emperor has new clothes.

The Fixer said:

a player that has ALL READY got it all or a player that MAY have it all!

de niro said:
moomba said:
Ha ha.

You must have thought you were onto a winner with defensive football but that's falling apart right in front of your eyes like points, and good defense already has.

we've been dire at times and you know it, boring and negative.
however the emperor has new clothes.

Every club in the league is dire at times, boring and negative as well.

Even us under your messiah.

Fact is for a side that apparently doesn't try to score, just under 2 a game is good enough for me.

What will be your next one if Mancini does (and he will) surpass our previous goals per game tally. Personally I'll be critical of his lack of Welshness.

Wow... just logged in and saw 57 pages of this thread... still if this happens it will sadden me tremendously since Ireland has so much to offer and has all the future ahead of him...
I will however leave this decision to those who knows the score... Ireland first has to make his mind up... last season he really was superman but something has changed for him this season and i cant get my head around it... he never got going early on and hasnt been showing his ability when given chance... he is still young and still learning the trade... but I truly hope he will stay with us because he has a bright future ahead of him

Rammy Blue said:
BillyShears said:
What other terms are there...actually, don't bother...you've made it pretty clear you think my opinion on Ireland lacks credibility and I respect that, so on this subject we should leave it there...

You missed my point, I meant Patrick offers experience at playing in title run-ins which is perfect for us in our attempts for top4.

EDIT.....thanks TMQ for post above.

Yep can't argue with that. However our squad already boasts players like SWP, Tevez, Adebayor, and Toure, who all have experience of a title challenge. Add to that players like Sylvinho, Santa Cruz, Barry, and De Jong, who have all played international football at the highest level, and are all considered "leaders". I'm not sure I see Viera as the tipping point between us finishing 4th or not.

Again, that's not to say that he's shite, by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd back Ireland over Viera to compliment whatever team Mancini chooses to put out. Just my opinion like, and I'm sure you can throw back "I'll back the manager over someone on a messageboard", which is entirely fair enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.