Ireland Leaving - Absolute Disaster

BoyBlue_1985 said:
I dont think it would be a loss at moment to be honest

and if anyone honestly thinks ferguscum would sign a player that cant even get in our team, or that are owners would be stupid enough to sell him to our rivals then you need to wake the fuck up because you living in a dream land
We're transferring you to another quiz team on Thursday.

He is only a squad player at the moment, and he hasn't produced anything spectacular this season to warrant his place, I wouldn't want to see him go to United because he is a blue through and through and seeing someone you used to idolise playing for the rags would be awful, however that said, we can and will get better players and people like Stevie and SWP are going to be surplus to requirements, its a bit brutal but they aren't going to take us to that next level everyone wants us to reach.

cleavers said:
BillyShears said:
Yeah, how dare a City supporter react with emotion and passion to the idea of last seasons player of the season moving to one of our rivals...;- )

City fans are consistent in one thing, over reacting, you only need look on here, win lose or draw.

Can't say I'll be happy IF it happens, I've seen lots of other players I liked leave, but its not an "absolute disaster", is it ?

On his current form its not even a minor setback in playing terms.

Yet strangely enough, when we sold our FOUR times player of the season there was none of this wailing and gnashing of teeth then.

Players move on. It happens. It only matters that we bring better in.

bizzbo said:
maybe we should start another thread, because this went tits up the moment DD pressed 'post'. he's entitled to his views, but negativity and hostility breeds more of the same.

the new one could be about how much we were willing Steven to succeed.

how much we hoped that he was determined to make his mark here.

how we knew he hadn't been at his best, but we know that there is a lot of competition, there has been a lot of change, uncertainty, pressure.

how we desperately hoped that he was determined to make the most of his chances, to stick it out and make his career here...

if he could adapt and show he could contribute in a number of positions at the highest level, or find a new role for himself, I would fawn in admiration at him all over again. even seizing whatever chances he gets from now until the summer... just a couple of performances where he showed the flame was still there....I know it would mean a lot to a great many fans.

even if he just stuck it out this summer, more opportunities will come around next year. it would mean something even if, at the end of next season, he decided that he needed to move.

how about it?

I'm sure you'd get some real support for the lad.

Completely agree, Bizzbo. In any case, most people on this thread have broadly been supportive of Stevie, without kidding themselves that he has been brilliant this season or exempting him from criticism for poor performances. Only someone with an agenda could see this thread as evidence for City fans wanting rid of him (with the odd exception, obviously).

I would have picked Ireland more than Mancini has, but he has his reasons, and he is getting results. If Stevie has a positive attitude, he will certainly get his chance again before the end of the season.

I expect to hear from Mancini about this in his pre match meeting tomorrow to put the rumours to bed as they say.
I can tell you what he will say I am a admired of Irelands talents and know what he gives to the club. We have Paddy , Barry and De Jong and Ireland all 4 can play in midfield. Ireland has a future at the club and so on.

Then come match day Ireland will be sat on the bench while we struggle to break down a well organised Everton side. Seeing the ball go from side to side all game getting nowhere quick. Either give him some hope of getting back into the team or come out and say he is up for sale that will sort everything out. If Ireland doesn't get a run out in the next 4 games his time at the club will have come to a end which is sad. Risking a player of high skill for a aging French man and a inconsistanced Barry. I only wish he is as harsh as he is with Ireland with Barry and Vieria when they dont preform.

Would have been a disaster last season,not this.He had a run of games at the start of the year and sadly was poor in most.

leighton said:
I expect to hear from Mancini about this in his pre match meeting tomorrow to put the rumours to bed as they say.
I can tell you what he will say I am a admired of Irelands talents and know what he gives to the club. We have Paddy , Barry and De Jong and Ireland all 4 can play in midfield. Ireland has a future at the club and so on.

Then come match day Ireland will be sat on the bench while we struggle to break down a well organised Everton side. Seeing the ball go from side to side all game getting nowhere quick. Either give him some hope of getting back into the team or come out and say he is up for sale that will sort everything out. If Ireland doesn't get a run out in the next 4 games his time at the club will have come to a end which is sad. Risking a player of high skill for a aging French man and a inconsistanced Barry. I only wish he is as harsh as he is with Ireland with Barry and Vieria when they dont preform.

It's the Viera thing which I find baffling. I'm not entirely sure I have any idea what exactly Viera brings to the team, which Ireland doesn't in footballing terms...

BillyShears said:
leighton said:

It's the Viera thing which I find baffling. I'm not entirely sure I have any idea what exactly Viera brings to the team, which Ireland doesn't in footballing terms...
The experience is what Viera brings to the team something Hughes was hoping that Barry would bring when he signed him which didnt work out for Hughes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.