Ireland Leaving - Absolute Disaster

BillyShears said:
I think there's an element of damned if you do and damned if you don't with threads like this. I've just spoken to Blue2112, and he said as much as his reason for not posting in the thread. Being mates with someone who plays for City is a double edged sword when you're a City fan. It's difficult to hear and see what goes on behind the scenes because it does take the shine and mystery away from being a supporter. Part of you does want to come on and discuss these things on Bluemoon, but the truth is that a lot of people, if they hear something they don't like, take to attacking you, calling into question your character or worse still, calling into question the players character.

I think the majority on here believe that you and DD are being honest when relaying this news to us. The point is whether we want to take the view that this is disastrous and shows that Mancini is not a good judge of a player. Or whether we take the view that Mancini has seen plenty of quality players in his day both as a player and as a boss and perhaps feels that Ireland is not quite top quality.

flb said:
Cheshire Blue said:
interestingly enough I can add further weight to this by confirming that he over the road is utterly obsessed with Ireland as a direct replacement for scholes. Enquiries were made awhile ago, but were knocked back as out of had by city under the Hughes era. Under Mancini who knows but id like to think that City at board level would be savvy enough to tel them where to go.

Ferguson, loves hard working industrious players and Ireland fits the bill. Giggs has 2 seasons left in him and its his intention / aspirations (and he can keep dreaming) to play ireland in the role behind Rooney that giggs has sometimes occupied. That would allow fergy to play 4-5-1 with fletcher and carrick sitting behind that could turn to 4-4-2 when nessecary.

Personally Ireland can go if he wants and I will wish him well but not to the scum. Id be happy if he went to Arsenal and would wish him well.

I cant talk from Citys perspective about letting him go, but i certainly know there are more than enough interested partys.

Since when was Ireland hardworking and industrious?

Hes slow and couldnt tackle a big breakfast.

Where were you last season?

He worked his socks off and if you look at the stats then he still does when given the chance. The difference being that when he makes his runs now which he still did, no elano and no Robinho to pick that pass through to him.

When ireland played in what kakas role is for Brazil, not an out and out striker or a midfielder but inbetween. Hes not truly creative in the form of Fabregs but what he does is run at people and can put the strikers through spaces. What he needs is service and playing Barry or De jong wont help matters as they arnt passers of the ball and sit us back too deep.

flb said:
Cheshire Blue said:
interestingly enough I can add further weight to this by confirming that he over the road is utterly obsessed with Ireland as a direct replacement for scholes. Enquiries were made awhile ago, but were knocked back as out of had by city under the Hughes era. Under Mancini who knows but id like to think that City at board level would be savvy enough to tel them where to go.

Ferguson, loves hard working industrious players and Ireland fits the bill. Giggs has 2 seasons left in him and its his intention / aspirations (and he can keep dreaming) to play ireland in the role behind Rooney that giggs has sometimes occupied. That would allow fergy to play 4-5-1 with fletcher and carrick sitting behind that could turn to 4-4-2 when nessecary.

Personally Ireland can go if he wants and I will wish him well but not to the scum. Id be happy if he went to Arsenal and would wish him well.

I cant talk from Citys perspective about letting him go, but i certainly know there are more than enough interested partys.

laughable.. absolutely laughable. He won so much ball for us last season. Not direct meathead tackles, but quick interceptions and clever tackles. Slow my arse. Quicker than anyone else in our central midfield. Barry is slow.

Cheshire Blue said:
flb said:

Where were you last season?

He worked his socks off and if you look at the stats then he still does when given the chance. The difference being that when he makes his runs now which he still did, no elano and no Robinho to pick that pass through to him.

When ireland played in what kakas role is for Brazil, not an out and out striker or a midfielder but inbetween. Hes not truly creative in the form of Fabregs but what he does is run at people and can put the strikers through spaces. What he needs is service and playing Barry or De jong wont help matters as they arnt passers of the ball and sit us back too deep.

Last season?
How about this season?

flb said:
Cheshire Blue said:

Just unbelieveable.

I'm not going to rise to it, I shouldn't be surprised by now.

hes a good little player but personally i wouldnt lose sleep if he went, although like a few have said, not to the rags!
there are better players out there tbh and if he wanted to stay he'd bide his time and take his chance when it comes. from what ive seen he doesnt do this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.