Ireland Leaving - Absolute Disaster

Esteban de la Sexface said:
flb said:
Since when was Ireland hardworking and industrious?

Hes slow and couldnt tackle a big breakfast.

laughable.. absolutely laughable. He won so much ball for us last season. Not direct meathead tackles, but quick interceptions and clever tackles. Slow my arse. Quicker than anyone else in our central midfield. Barry is slow.

LAST SEASON

What about the 5 other seasons he's played for us

Rest assured, if he goes to one of the other 'big four' they'll turn him into a midfielder that dominates games. Watching him play in red and pick us apart in a derby is a frightening prospect.

If Bobby doesn't start playing him soon, we'll lose him. And that would really fuck me off, because he's class.

flb said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Just unbelieveable.

I'm not going to rise to it, I shouldn't be surprised by now.

Dave,hes looked uninterested this season at least admit to it

We've done this to death already.

In my opinion he's been a superb talent since he came through the ranks. He was a lovely footballer, if a little lightweight. Then he bulked up and last season looked like one of the best midfielders in the permier league.

This season his form dipped in Hughes's 4-4-2 in the first couple of months. then he got injured.

Since then he's been in and out of the side, in various positions, and he just looks like a player bereft of confidence. He needs managing back to his best in my opinion.

There isn't a player out there who does not have a dip in form and it's usually confidence or fitness related.

Contrary to what some on here believe, a good player does not become a bad player unless something changes.

Didsbury Dave said:
flb said:

In my opinion he's been a superb talent since he came through the ranks. He was a lovely footballer, if a little lightweight. Then he bulked up and last season looked like one of the best midfielders in the permier league.

This season his form dipped in Hughes's 4-4-2 in the first couple of months. then he got injured.

Since then he's been in and out of the side, in various positions, and he just looks like a player bereft of confidence. He needs managing back to his best in my opinion.

There isn't a player out there who does not have a dip in form and it's usually confidence or fitness related.

Contrary to what some on here believe, a good player does not become a bad player unless something changes.

Your points are correct of course Dave but we cant play somebody who's confidence as gone and who obviously isnt 100% fit-is that an excuse to throw your toys out of the pram?

We are looking very strong to finish 4th this season and attract a better quality of player to the club-that is all that matters to me Dave and not Ireland getting upset at lack of first team football.

Didsbury Dave said:
Agreed. However, I don't suppose there's the scenario that the outlook of the player, rather than the club, has changed? Not knowing the player, and not being privvy to what's going on behind the scenes at the club, I don't know the full story.

Didsbury Dave said:
flb said:

Perhaps Roberto Mancini realises that Stevie is having a dip in confidence and form, but fielding a player low on form during the most important run in for many a year wont be high on Bobs agenda I'm sure..Roberto's future tenure at this club could depend on where we finish this season..
So he's obviously going to play what he deems are his best players (ie players focused physically and mentally)

Benarbia said:
Esteban de la Sexface said:
laughable.. absolutely laughable. He won so much ball for us last season. Not direct meathead tackles, but quick interceptions and clever tackles. Slow my arse. Quicker than anyone else in our central midfield. Barry is slow.

LAST SEASON

What about the 5 other seasons he's played for us

the first three he was young and promising. Inconsistent. Then he was in the top three midfielders in the premiership for a season and has had one bad season now.

he's never not tried

Didsbury Dave said:
flb said:

What does this refer to DD?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.