Ireland slams door shut on international return

There are no advantages to Superman playing for Ireland.

He already plays against the best in the world on a regular basis in a team with more quality than the current ROI squad. The club side he plays for is already ultra-competetive for places and is only going to get harder to command a place, therefore adding the risk of exhaustion and injury are a hindrance. ROI currently are highly unlikely to win any sort of international tournament. Playing internationally adds numerous hours and travelling to your own schedule, detracting from personal time.

What are the benefits for him to play ?

nu774ll said:
whats your problem dw7?? all you seem to be doing is defending C*nt slagging of City fans and saying Ireland is a liar? a Man City forum aint the best place to do either...
He's entitled to his opinion and wasn't abusive until SWP's back needlessly had a pop.

Let's cut out the abuse lads.

I don't blame him for quitting then,

I think we will get more benefit out of him not playing (in terms of fitness, injuries etc..) than we we would him playing with international players every other summer.

I'm sure he wants rid of the speculation too but until people hear definitively what happened the chatter will continue.

Carrying the entire ROI team for the next ten years the way Bellamy often does for Wales will do SI no good at all.
He's just saved himself a lot of mither.

Dubai Blue said:
nu774ll said:
whats your problem dw7?? all you seem to be doing is defending C*nt slagging of City fans and saying Ireland is a liar? a Man City forum aint the best place to do either...
He's entitled to his opinion and wasn't abusive until SWP's back needlessly had a pop.

Come on - he is calling Ireland a liar about his missus having a miscarriage.

Ofcourse I am going to be offended by that. A City forum is no place for that. Just wish he said to Irelands face and see how far that getrs him.

NQT said:
The alleged bullying happened on an international week. Remember when he suddenly had a full head of hair, well in a bar he was held down by a couple of Irish players whilst a couple more were tugging at his hair. Apparently our former captain was in the bar and looked on laughing.
If that were true, and if the players involved were the Hunts as has been suggested, then I'd have spent every possible training opportunity I got jumping straight through the pair of them with but feet up. I'd also be suggesting to Zabaleta, come the Hull game, that Stephen Hunt had had his mum.

It is his decision and I respect that. If he is happy not playing international football then it is the countries loss and our gain at the end of the day. As long as he is happy then that's all that matters.

SWP's back said:
Dubai Blue said:

Ofcourse I am going to be offended by that. A City forum is no place for that. Just wish he said to Irelands face and see how far that getrs him.
I think you misinterpreted what he meant. He was on about the lies surrounding the grannygate/miscarriage affair, not saying the miscarriage thing itself was a lie.

Dubai Blue said:
SWP's back said:

I think you misinterpreted what he meant. He was on about the lies surrounding the grannygate/miscarriage affair, not saying the miscarriage thing itself was a lie.

Then I apologise.

If he is not ready to come back then he wont come back. I think Ireland has been targeted from former players more so than the current players. You have the likes of Don Givens and Brian Kerr saying he would never were the Irish shirt for this hassle. Then a number of former players coming out giving there views why he doesn't want to put the jersey on he should be dying to wear the jersey.
My view on the so called bullying we will never know if it happened or was a load of bollocks put it this way if it happened and was in a pub there would have been pictures and it would have been in the media when it happen like the Barton and Tandy stuff at City. So I would call the bullying a load of shit on that point alone. I dont care what anyone says do you think Dunne or any of the senior players let Ireland be bullied if you think that it is crazy.

As for Trap if Trap wanted Stevie back he would of done a better job than what he has done so far. For the Irish manager he is a nightmare hardly ever goes to games to watch players like Cappelo would do Trap you would be lucky to see him once a month at the game. I dont think Traps style of play would suit having a player like Ireland in the team we are playing now like the Big Jack days which is a step in the wrong direction. All most Irish fans have to look at is the Andy Reid shit if Trap dont like you he wont play you no matter if you are a better option than the other midfielders in the squad.

I would love to see the Ireland back but I would also love to see Ireland give a proper interview about this. Say what has gone on and if he is retire come out and retire from international football there and then. I hope he comes back as he has so much to give to the team and he deserves to play in European and World Cups as he has the talent to do it at the highest level. I cant see him doing that under Trap at this moment in time but maybe he will want to come back and play again some thim soon. If not it will be Citys gain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.