Ireland speaks out [Merged]

Looking at both interviews that Milner and Ireland did, you can see who is happy this deal went ahead.

hilts said:
westy said:
To be honest, im pretty gutted stevie has gone...yeah hes had his dip in form but he was immense season before last. He's a far more intelligent player than milner and imo a better player than milner. To swap a player of a similar age and pay £16m on top seems ridiculous. But Mancini wants his players in, and it seems that we dont mind upsetting people in the process of where we want to get. I am disappointed with how people like stevies been treated and frozen out, id be pssd off and id say a few things to get them off my chest in the immediate aftermath too, so we shouldnt get on his back. Milner has had imo again 1 cracking season is he really potentially world class though? I thought he looked out of his depth a bit at the world cup, chasing shadows, but maybe im just fed up. Ill still support him because hes now a blue but i wanted to air my thoughts.... Is milner really better than an on form ireland?Is Kolo better than Dunney?? I still think Nedum given a run is a better option at centre back. We've rapidly lost a lot of 'real' city players.... Maybe im just too sentimental??? ctid

our new owners have invested heavily in our club and want us to be up there with chelsea and the rags, to do this we cant have players who performed the season before last, we need players who will put in performances most weeks, you have to ask yourself if you would prefer city to finally win something or not, do you think if drogba had a decent season in 2008 only he would still be at chelsea?

if nedum,dunne and ireland were that good why are they now playing for teams that finished below city?

Because Nedum hasnt played much football and needs to build back his reputation. Being an under 21 England international gives him a pretty good pedigree in my eyes. Im saying if Nedum was in the team we would not be any worse off at all. Nedums only downfall is that he's not 'a name'. Potentially a very very good player. As for Dunney he makes a couple of clangers but how many points does he save you. No coincidence Villa kicked on another step when he joined...

Funny how people get so wound up, willing to be offended and precious by something so inconsequential as these comments.

I'd much rather players are honest about what they are/were thinking than come out with the usual bland "All the City fans are the best in the world and the club is the best around, etc, etc" crap.

I think he is talking rubbish with most of it, but I do find it funny how some people react as if he has shat on their kitchen table.

Personally, I have no problem with what Stevie has said, given what's happened to him. However, I hope that - unlike Richard Dunne - he has the class to drop it now.

westy said:
hilts said:
our new owners have invested heavily in our club and want us to be up there with chelsea and the rags, to do this we cant have players who performed the season before last, we need players who will put in performances most weeks, you have to ask yourself if you would prefer city to finally win something or not, do you think if drogba had a decent season in 2008 only he would still be at chelsea?

if nedum,dunne and ireland were that good why are they now playing for teams that finished below city?

Because Nedum hasnt played much football and needs to build back his reputation. Being an under 21 England international gives him a pretty good pedigree in my eyes. Im saying if Nedum was in the team we would not be any worse off at all. Nedums only downfall is that he's not 'a name'. Potentially a very very good player. As for Dunney he makes a couple of clangers but how many points does he save you. No coincidence Villa kicked on another step when he joined...

so why havent any of the real big clubs in world football taken a punt with these guys? are you saying they cant spot talent? sometimes the obvious answer is the correct one, there all good players but not top draw

hilts said:
westy said:
To be honest, im pretty gutted stevie has gone...yeah hes had his dip in form but he was immense season before last. He's a far more intelligent player than milner and imo a better player than milner. To swap a player of a similar age and pay £16m on top seems ridiculous. But Mancini wants his players in, and it seems that we dont mind upsetting people in the process of where we want to get. I am disappointed with how people like stevies been treated and frozen out, id be pssd off and id say a few things to get them off my chest in the immediate aftermath too, so we shouldnt get on his back. Milner has had imo again 1 cracking season is he really potentially world class though? I thought he looked out of his depth a bit at the world cup, chasing shadows, but maybe im just fed up. Ill still support him because hes now a blue but i wanted to air my thoughts.... Is milner really better than an on form ireland?Is Kolo better than Dunney?? I still think Nedum given a run is a better option at centre back. We've rapidly lost a lot of 'real' city players.... Maybe im just too sentimental??? ctid

Trying to be up there with the top teams, and trying to turn us into Chelsea are two very different things. We could fight tooth and nail to get up their and still be City, not sell every part of us that makes us City. City isn't 11 superstar egos playing individually. And that wont win us anything. Getting rid of hard working squad players is a mistake, players that could be developed, given time, into top team players. Something which the United's and Chelsea's of the world do.
We don't need to sell our soul and turn our ground from a fortress of noise and atmosphere and intimidation into Stamford Bridge with packed seats but silent crowds and little designer flags to go with their prawn sandwiches.

I guess it was naive of me to think we could be succesfull while still being us, staying the same, without turning into one of them. Strange place to be though. The group we used to fit into the mid table clubs no longer see us as one of them, but as ruining football..etc. while the top clubs ahead of us certainly don't see us as being one of them, but as wannabes and bitter. And our mind set is stuck somewhere in between.

westy said:
hilts said:

Sorry mate but no. Dunney and "a couple of clangers" = most OG's and most red cards in the history of the premier league. As rafa would say, fact. And they cost us - every single one.

And you cannot seriously pitch Neds in amongst our current 1st 16? Not really. Alternatively a loan deal and hopefully an injury free season is a win for Neds, Niall and MCFC.

Peter Doherty said:
Personally, I have no problem with what Stevie has said, given what's happened to him. .

What has happened to him? a chance to play first team football again and get his career back on track.

westy said:
how do i put a photo in here
Code:
[img]insert the link to the photo here[/img]

If it's off your computer upload it to this site <a class="postlink" href="http://imageshack.us/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://imageshack.us/</a> and then copy the direct link and paste it between the

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.