Ireland speaks out [Merged]

lastmanback said:
hilts said:
I love it when people post things to try and save face, what a certain billy boy says is "yeah but you dont know the real story, emotions run deep" blah blah when really he is thinking is oh shit i have defended my special friend ireland for so long and now he comes out with this crap and makes me look stupid because i have misjudged him myself. quality

and as for ireland himself he has resorted to type he was hardly going to be honest and admit that he wasnt good enough often enough, if you cant blame everyone else who is left?

he would have been better saying nothing apart from he wants to concentrate on his new career with villa, admitting your not good enough is difficult for most people, just a shame he has now tarnished his time at city and will regret that in the future

"resorted to type". Ireland plays football. A footballer. you work at your job, if you have one.
can your boss say tomorrow don't need you, got someone better and i don't think your up to it.
So your dumped,
I'm sure you would just walk away and say, such is life, these things happen,
bye bye, thanks for everything.
remember footballers all around the world are not members of mensa,
do not require masters degrees, they are ordinary people with feelings and
when rejected lash out,
maradona, messi, etc not gifted in the brain department.
they are footballers,
you sit on your arse, like myself typing this shit without ever getting close to
the standards of stevie ireland and spout this shite,
think for a moment would
you just walk away say nothing. ?????????????????
look at the krap your writing and your just a supporter who is not affected by this,
because in your mind, the club is bigger so fuck stevie ireland.
We can buy anyone we like, richest club in the world.
Was super mario given an I.Q test before signing.

well for a start i do have a job, i would only lose my job if either the company was struggling financially which city arent or i wasnt any good at my job which would be my fault, if i wasnt good at my job i wouldnt get a large pay off and get another highly paid job elsewhere, i have never heard a footballer admit that he wasnt good enough when he has left a club, does this mean that every club that has sold a player against his wishes have got it wrong? why slate the youth players? did they get rid of him?

also if they did give players an iq test maybe they should ask them how they spell crap(krap?)<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:53 am --<br /><br />
lastmanback said:
hilts said:
I love it when people post things to try and save face, what a certain billy boy says is "yeah but you dont know the real story, emotions run deep" blah blah when really he is thinking is oh shit i have defended my special friend ireland for so long and now he comes out with this crap and makes me look stupid because i have misjudged him myself. quality

and as for ireland himself he has resorted to type he was hardly going to be honest and admit that he wasnt good enough often enough, if you cant blame everyone else who is left?

he would have been better saying nothing apart from he wants to concentrate on his new career with villa, admitting your not good enough is difficult for most people, just a shame he has now tarnished his time at city and will regret that in the future

"resorted to type". Ireland plays football. A footballer. you work at your job, if you have one.
can your boss say tomorrow don't need you, got someone better and i don't think your up to it.
So your dumped,
I'm sure you would just walk away and say, such is life, these things happen,
bye bye, thanks for everything.
remember footballers all around the world are not members of mensa,
do not require masters degrees, they are ordinary people with feelings and
when rejected lash out,
maradona, messi, etc not gifted in the brain department.
they are footballers,
you sit on your arse, like myself typing this shit without ever getting close to
the standards of stevie ireland and spout this shite,
think for a moment would
you just walk away say nothing. ?????????????????
look at the krap your writing and your just a supporter who is not affected by this,
because in your mind, the club is bigger so fuck stevie ireland.
We can buy anyone we like, richest club in the world.
Was super mario given an I.Q test before signing.

i would be interested to know also what you mean by the standards of stephen ireland? a very strange comment

We can all argue till we're blue in the face about whether SI has what it takes to play for a team challenging for the title. He's obviously got the talent, I suppose we'll find out if he's got the mental strength. When he signed for villa my reaction was probably typical of city fans, I genuinely wished him well and thought it was maybe what he needed to revitalise his career.

One thing that is beyond argument though is that interview. I don't care how many "issues" you have or what your IQ is, you don't give an interview like that without knowing the reaction you will get.

All he had to do was show some dignity and concentrate on his new club but as far as I'm concerned he has shat all over us.

And for the record, better than Silva? better than Balotelli? better than Yaya? don't kid yourself.

Techno said:
Well thanks for that Stevie FFS!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6326048,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 48,00.html</a>

Aston Villa midfielder Stephen Ireland has spoken of the frustration he felt towards the end of his time with Manchester City, and warned James Milner that it will be hard to hold down a regular place in the team at Eastlands.

After protracted negotiations, Ireland moved to Villa Park earlier this week as part of the big-money deal that took Milner in the opposite direction.

Ireland had fallen out of favour during the second half of last season, having previously been a key player under Mark Hughes.

He does not believe he was given a fair chance after Roberto Mancini replaced Hughes as manager and admits it was a difficult period.

"I did feel unwanted at Manchester City," said the 23-year-old. "I was banging my head against a brick wall despite what I had done in training.

"I just went with the reserves, worked hard in the gym and kept as active as possible.

"Without a shadow of doubt the situation I found myself in will happen a lot at Manchester City with all the high-profile players they have at the club.

"At Manchester City sitting on the bench I didn't feel part of the team. I was neither happy or sad if we lost.

"I'm still young and hopefully Villa will get the best of me and I am now looking forward to the season."

Ireland believes Milner may have to get used to not being a certain starter at Manchester City, considering the wealth of options available to Mancini.

"I can see why he wanted to go to Manchester City. He can see the attraction of the move and the opportunity to become more established and become a superstar.

"But he faces a challenge of holding down a regular first-team place.

"I may have been forced out but I couldn't be more happy to be at Aston Villa."
Dunne praise

Ireland hopes his move to Villa will see him emulate Richard Dunne, who was deemed surplus to requirements at Eastlands but then turned out to be one of the leading defenders in the league last season.

"Richard Dunne is a good example of what can happen after leaving Manchester City to join Villa," Ireland explained.

"A year on I can see how happy he is at Villa and I'm hoping that I will be as happy in a year's time.

"Richard was a huge part of Manchester City and it was a great shock to see him leave.

"It was as big a shock to him as everyone else but he could not have come to a better club as he proved with his performances last season.

"For me this is a positive, as this is exactly I want it to be."
off topic but had to give my tickt up for l/pool game away,im in isle of wight with the missus,anyone know what website i will be able to watch it on - plz help

Techno said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6326048,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 48,00.html</a>

Aston Villa midfielder Stephen Ireland has spoken of the frustration he felt towards the end of his time with Manchester City, and warned James Milner that it will be hard to hold down a regular place in the team at Eastlands.

After protracted negotiations, Ireland moved to Villa Park earlier this week as part of the big-money deal that took Milner in the opposite direction.

Ireland had fallen out of favour during the second half of last season, having previously been a key player under Mark Hughes.

He does not believe he was given a fair chance after Roberto Mancini replaced Hughes as manager and admits it was a difficult period.

"I did feel unwanted at Manchester City," said the 23-year-old. "I was banging my head against a brick wall despite what I had done in training.

"I just went with the reserves, worked hard in the gym and kept as active as possible.

"Without a shadow of doubt the situation I found myself in will happen a lot at Manchester City with all the high-profile players they have at the club.

"At Manchester City sitting on the bench I didn't feel part of the team. I was neither happy or sad if we lost.

"I'm still young and hopefully Villa will get the best of me and I am now looking forward to the season."

Ireland believes Milner may have to get used to not being a certain starter at Manchester City, considering the wealth of options available to Mancini.

"I can see why he wanted to go to Manchester City. He can see the attraction of the move and the opportunity to become more established and become a superstar.

"But he faces a challenge of holding down a regular first-team place.

"I may have been forced out but I couldn't be more happy to be at Aston Villa."
Dunne praise

Ireland hopes his move to Villa will see him emulate Richard Dunne, who was deemed surplus to requirements at Eastlands but then turned out to be one of the leading defenders in the league last season.

"Richard Dunne is a good example of what can happen after leaving Manchester City to join Villa," Ireland explained.

"A year on I can see how happy he is at Villa and I'm hoping that I will be as happy in a year's time.

"Richard was a huge part of Manchester City and it was a great shock to see him leave.

"It was as big a shock to him as everyone else but he could not have come to a better club as he proved with his performances last season.

"For me this is a positive, as this is exactly I want it to be."
off topic but had to give my tickt up for l/pool game away,im in isle of wight with the missus,anyone know what website i will be able to watch it on - plz help

We supported him over Granny Gate, We turned a blind eye over his Daddy Dick username on Bebo and he repays us with this. Thanks for nothing.

Blue Army said:
Peter Doherty said:
Personally, I have no problem with what Stevie has said, given what's happened to him. .

What has happened to him? a chance to play first team football again and get his career back on track.

He's been kicked out of his club.

skybluepete said:
Techno said:

Check the match day forum mate there will be links provided.

Peter Doherty said:
Blue Army said:
What has happened to him? a chance to play first team football again and get his career back on track.

some people dont know the meaning of the word tragedy, if i was ireland i would be suicidal

what world do some people live in

Peter Doherty said:
Blue Army said:

Not really. He had numerous chances to prolong his stay at City but did bother to help himself. If he thinks us City fans are fickle wait and see what Villa/Rags are like.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.