Ireland v England - Sat 7th Sept, 17:00 | Uefa Nations League

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not that I’m particularly interested in the Nations League. Like Kevin de Bruyne said, ‘it’s a competition nobody asked for’.

But as an Englishman with some Irish blood, it will be a good game for me.

Not just today but, ongoing, I just want to see some progressive football played with positive tactics and good attacking systems from England. Want to see players picked that suit each others’ games and players picked whose strengths suit the tactics that the coach is trying to implement.

We didn’t see any of that for years under Southgate. It all felt turgid and negative. Bland tactics with no attacking systems of any kind. Players were picked who didn’t suit playing with each other nor suited the tactics (LOL) Southgate was trying to implement.

Last time he picked attackers that suited playing with each other was in Euro 2020, and even then the tactics were insipid.

Southgate is the reason we’re in League B. But at least he’s gone now (and maybe on the way to United?!).

As for the National Anthem… it’s not the National Anthem of England anyway, so I have no idea why it’s sung before England games.

God Save The King’ is the National Anthem of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. England doesn’t have a National Anthem, although the unofficial Anthem of England is ‘Land Of Hope And Glory’.

Plus, there’s no such thing as a ‘god’. Why are we singing about the King before a sport he has never played or probably even watches? And what does he need saving from?
You really think this guy will get us to finals AND win them? Or are you happier with more exciting football even if we dont get to finals?

We have a manager who inside will be cheering the Irish on, how the fuck the FA though this was a good replacement for our last cardboard cut out is baffling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.