ireland wants out (merged)

Danamy said:
There's no getting away with it the lad is a real talent.........talking to a few of players some of them think he's the best player they've ever trained with and they should know.
The thing is i wouldn't want to see the lad unhappy so if he needs to move on to be happy then sobeit.

Just to add to that my personal opinion is he'll end up at Liverpool..........they play the sort of football that would be perfect for his style.

As I said earlier, I just think the entire episode with Stevie is one which - if he goes - the club will not look back on fondly. Simply put, you don't sell your best players. And he's without question, one of the best footballers at City, if not the best.

In fact, and it's just my opinion, you fuck off managers before you fuck off homegrown players with his ability...

A very good player but never really been consistent enough to build a team around and that's probably what we would need to do to get the best out of him.

I hope he stays and fights for his place in the team but that doesn't sound likely. He'd likely get plenty of games next season if he stayed and maybe he could play himself back into some kind of form.

BillyShears said:
Danamy said:
There's no getting away with it the lad is a real talent.........talking to a few of players some of them think he's the best player they've ever trained with and they should know.
The thing is i wouldn't want to see the lad unhappy so if he needs to move on to be happy then sobeit.

Just to add to that my personal opinion is he'll end up at Liverpool..........they play the sort of football that would be perfect for his style.

As I said earlier, I just think the entire episode with Stevie is one which - if he goes - the club will not look back on fondly. Simply put, you don't sell your best players. And he's without question, one of the best footballers at City, if not the best.

In fact, and it's just my opinion, you fuck off managers before you fuck off homegrown players with his ability...

Doesn't matter how much ability you have if you don't produce it on a consistant basis and no matter what surely no-one can admit that Ireland has shown his true ability on a consistant basis since he came into the first team? He might be an excellent footballer on his day however he's had little impact this season when he's played and he's played a fair amount of games to show that he has the consistancy in his game aswell as ability and he's not shown that

You'd rather get rid of a manager and take a chance on a player who hasn't shown he can perform to the best of his ability on a consistant basis?

Failsworth_Blue said:
Doesn't matter how much ability you have if you don't produce it on a consistant basis and no matter what surely no-one can admit that Ireland has shown his true ability on a consistant basis since he came into the first team? He might be an excellent footballer on his day however he's had little impact this season when he's played and he's played a fair amount of games to show that he has the consistancy in his game aswell as ability and he's not shown that

You'd rather get rid of a manager and take a chance on a player who hasn't shown he can perform to the best of his ability on a consistant basis?

The question of consistency comes down to the position he plays and the roll he plays in the team. If there's consistency in that, you will see consistency of performances. Stands to reason and applies to the vast majority of footballers...

BillyShears said:
Danamy said:

Pmsl you just cant help yourself can you?

Everything that happens at City, is a reason to get rid of our maneger in your opinion.

Give it a rest Mancini aint going nowhere just deal with it.

BillyShears said:
Danamy said:

If that was the case then Billy does the board then have to get the nod of approval from our homegrown players as to who the next manager will be? Maybe Daniel Sturridge should have been listened to a bit more and got his own way as well.You simply cannot have the tail wagging the dog.

Lets say we fuck Mancini off to keep Ned, Steve, Micah and anyone else who might not approve of his methods, what happens next if for instance the new managers decisions are not to their liking do we then have to sack him. Then what happens when the next set of youngsters come through and they don't like the manager.

Personally City are for once in my lifetime firmly in the driving seat and I hope to god the owners take decisions not based on what a handful of young inexperienced footballers decide whats best for them.

Blue2112 said:
BillyShears said:

If that was the case then Billy does the board then have to get the nod of approval from our homegrown players as to who the next manager will be? Maybe Daniel Sturridge should have been listened to a bit more and got his own way as well.You simply cannot have the tail wagging the dog.

Lets say we fuck Mancini off to keep Ned, Steve, Micah and anyone else who might not approve of his methods, what happens next if for instance the new managers decisions are not to their liking do we then have to sack him. Then what happens when the next set of youngsters come through and they don't like the manager.

Personally City are for once in my lifetime firmly in the driving seat and I hope to god the owners take decisions not based on what a handful of young inexperienced footballers decide whats best for them.

When you put it like that, I understand how absurd it sounds...;- )

I still think selling him will be a big mistake - but hey, as you say, we have the money and the means to not bat an eyelid and just move on...

BillyShears said:
Failsworth_Blue said:

The question of consistency comes down to the position he plays and the roll he plays in the team. If there's consistency in that, you will see consistency of performances. Stands to reason and applies to the vast majority of footballers...

I agree to a certain extent but players should be able to adapt. Take Samuel Eto'o for example, this season for Inter he's not played consistantly in one position, he's been used on the right and left of a front three a hell of a lot and it's not something he's used to as he's usually played through the middle but he's come in and done an excellent job. If we don't play Ireland in the hole behind the lone striker then i think he struggles to have an impact on the game and the question is do we alter our formation just so we can play Ireland in his best position or do we go with the formation that the manager thinks will work best overall?

Failsworth_Blue said:
BillyShears said:

I agree to a certain extent but players should be able to adapt. Take Samuel Eto'o for example, this season for Inter he's not played consistantly in one position, he's been used on the right and left of a front three a hell of a lot and it's not something he's used to as he's usually played through the middle but he's come in and done an excellent job. If we don't play Ireland in the hole behind the lone striker then i think he struggles to have an impact on the game and the question is do we alter our formation just so we can play Ireland in his best position or do we go with the formation that the manager thinks will work best overall?

Not all players have versatility in their game, and I don't buy the notion that you need it to be top class. Messi, couldn't play the role Ireland has been asked to play this season, nor could Schneider, nor could Diego, nor could Kaka. The reason that other clubs want Ireland, and the reason supporters of other clubs rate him, and the reason that his teammates will say things like "he's the best player I've ever played with" is because his talent is unquestionable.

People often talk of Ireland not being given a consistent run in the side in his preferred position (by either manager) last season.

It's true of course, but you also have to ask how often was he fit enough to be given a consistent run? He was so disrupted by injuries, particularly in the second half of the season.

That was a key factor, and one that gets constantly overlooked.

I do hear what billy says about playing him in his preferred role, but very few players get the luxury he refers to and it's a real problem that he isn't adaptable enough to adjust to playing different roles.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.