ireland wants out (merged)

I agree with what Rammy says with regards to the Tevez signing and how that has had an impact on Ireland playing in his natural position; but from how I see it, and ive said this several times on here - Ireland is no different to Cesc with regards to his physical and footballing attributes, and they both have a similar attitude towards the game. However, and its a big however, Cesc has learnt how to limit his game to become an effective CENTRAL MIDFIELDER, sometimes you need to go backwards, play a short 5-yard pass in order to keep possession for the team. Paying central midfield would no doubt limit aspects of Stevie's creative game, and im guessing this label of "Superman" isnt the best thing for a quality, young footballer who wants to appease the fans with goals and assists; but Premiership football is much more than that, and I know we as fans would appreciate Ireland just as much if he dictated games from a deeper role, popping up here and there with goals and assists. He has been given the opportunity several times in the said position this season, and instead of learning to limit his game a bit, hes found himself cheaply giving the ball away in a position that allows no mistakes. Its all well and good playing the free role with a creative license and no responsibility, but we have the likes of Tevez and Adebayor up front now, and his days in that position are well and truly gone. I like Ireland, he plays the game the way it should be, but hes let himself down this season, even tackling back and working hard for the team has seemingly been drained from his game. I dont know how much its got to do with his health issue from the beginning of the season, but if it isnt, he needs to man up, learn from our other central midfielders at the club and adapt his game to a more reserved position - just as James Milner has done.

Maybe its for the best that he does leave. Warranted or not, he's had dogs abuse pretty much from day one at City. Respite last season, then right back to the abuse. A fresh start (and not under another fooking manager at COMS) might be just what he needs to sort himself out.

We as fans cant dwell whatever happens, just wish the lad all the best.

I think this has more to do with Stevie Ireland than it does Mancini.

If he wants it bad enough its there for him. If not then bye.

Rammy Blue said:
The minute we signed Carlos then Stevie's days were numbered imo.

You just couldn't play Stevie in behind Carlos as a lone striker in many games, one of the two players in that system needs decent aerial ability as well as skill.

4-1-2-1-2 or 4-3-1-2 would suit Ireland down to the ground, and would allow you to play both. Ironic that it seems we'll be playing that way next season, but he probably won't be with us.

Balti said:

Definitely, I dont see any club in the league that would give him the license to play in a free role behind the striker - even Modric was playing in a more reserved central midfield role at the end of the season (and against us). Ireland, whilst not being a better player than Modric right now, has far more attributes to play in a central role, I just dont get why Steven Ireland adoring City fans cant see that. Free role, you arent going to get that at the top end of english football when you're in the same team as the likes of Tevez and Rooney.

Balti said:

I have to agree with you. The first sign of a deteriation of form should make most players work harder, With Ireland, it's had the opposite effect. It's a shame because he has obviously got talent but give me players like Milner any day, who gives their all for their team and never gives up. Bye Stevie, sorry to see you go !

Skibum said:
So Mancini challenges Stevie to sort his head out and the reply allegedly is to put in a transfer request.

Do we need players in our squad with that degree of mental strength? I personally think not.

This marks a watershed in my opinion. It had to eventually come to the stage in our development where the manager had the balls to off load some of our beloved academy products who are not quite good enough. That's the likes of Richards, Nedum and Stevie I.

Hughes didn't have the balls to do this obviously Mancini has.

Good luck to those that leave and thank you for your time with City.

Just another stage in our development.
You are answering a made up question with what you hope is the answer,perhaps it's an another indication of the managers mismanagement skills & Supermans just the latest of a long line of players that don't want to play for him,the bit about him having more guts than Hughes is funny though.

Well if he wants to go let im go, should hold players back that don't want to be at the club. Yes he's GOOD but we can do better. Can't help but notice that lots of blues kinda over-rate him and think he's better than he actually is, going off the one season basically...Don't get me wrong, on his day he's class..but he isn't world class and i don't think he'll be anywhere near as good as your Lampards or Gerrards. At least not in my lifetime anyway.

Now is the time for the mental strength - if he's had this meeting and agreed to go away and think about it he can either put his request formally in writing to the club or he can say "Right, bollocks to this – I'm going to fight for my place and play so well that I'll make it impossible for the manager to overlook me when selecting the team."

Either way the club has to benefit from that situation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.