ireland wants out (merged)

BillyShears said:
Classic Bluemoon!

The Sunday Mirror writes - "Tevez Wants Out!"

We all scream "Bollocks!"

The Sunday Mirror writes - "Ireland Wants Out!"

We have 11 pages of Ireland bashing.

To be fair, there's quite a few on here sticking up for the lad. I fear he's going and I wish him well. I reckon he will prove a few wrong in the coming seasons (including the current manager), but a move seems to be the best option for him unfortunately. It pisses me off no end that some fellow blues won't even bat an eyelid, but I suppose they're entitled to their opinion.

Why do we always have to have someone to blame?

Half the board blaming Ireland, half the board blaming Mancini. There doesn't seem to be anyone 'at fault' to me.

Ireland, for whatever reason, lost his form badly (not under Mancini by the way, it was long gone by then), didn't deserve to be picked and now feels he wants to move to try and resurrect his career.

Fine. No blame required.

And it's come at a time when it can possibly help us bring in Milner or another English based player. Again, fine.

I don't buy this 'Mancini overlooked him' stuff though - he had his chances under the new manager and was awful each and every time. I suspect his head had already gone at that point. No idea why, but he was just dreadful.

Ireland has always been a strange one, nobody can deny it - his bizarre behaviour is on record after all - and just for a time it seemed like he could put it all behind him and go on to be great. That time was short though, and I will be no more sad to see him leave than I will other Academy players who weren't quite up to it like Ned, and possibly Micah...

Barry was shit for a large chunk of the season (in my opinion because the players around him didn't compliment his style) but he kept getting picked and towards the end of the season I felt he recovered his form.

Ireland was player of the year last season. But after a slow start to this season and a few niggling injuries he was never really given another run of games despite the chronic lack of creativity from Barry and De Jong.

I'd like to see him stay and fight for his place but it's quite clear to me than Mancini doesn't like him and won't pick him. It's a shame because I think he could have made the difference between 4th and 5th because he makes things happen and creates openings. There were games under Mancini where we barely had two or three shots on target.

Clearly he's a player with fragile confidence and maybe that is something we can't afford as we look to progress. But with the right manager looking after him he'll be a star for someone.

i agree cant understand why everyone is slagging him off, seems to be the usual on here. we are good at having a go at our own players.

hgblue said:
To be fair, there's quite a few on here sticking up for the lad. I fear he's going and I wish him well. I reckon he will prove a few wrong in the coming seasons (including the current manager), but a move seems to be the best option for him unfortunately. It pisses me off no end that some fellow blues won't even bat an eyelid, but I suppose they're entitled to their opinion.

I think anybody who would "happily" let him move is in-fucking-sane. But hey, that's just me...

Ireland reminds me a bit of someone like Danny Murphy, obviously got talent but just not good enough for a big club, Danny Murphy couldnt even really make it at spurs.

SalfordCityBlue said:
Why do we always have to have someone to blame?

Half the board blaming Ireland, half the board blaming Mancini. There doesn't seem to be anyone 'at fault' to me.

Ireland, for whatever reason, lost his form badly (not under Mancini by the way, it was long gone by then), didn't deserve to be picked and now feels he wants to move to try and resurrect his career.

Fine. No blame required.

And it's come at a time when it can possibly help us bring in Milner or another English based player. Again, fine.

I don't buy this 'Mancini overlooked him' stuff though - he had his chances under the new manager and was awful each and every time. I suspect his head had already gone at that point. No idea why, but he was just dreadful.

Ireland has always been a strange one, nobody can deny it - his bizarre behaviour is on record after all - and just for a time it seemed like he could put it all behind him and go on to be great. That time was short though, and I will be no more sad to see him leave than I will other Academy players who weren't quite up to it like Ned, and possibly Micah...

Not the manager's fault? Don't buy that for one minute. I predict a move to a rival. I also predict an excellent season for Ireland wherever he ends up. Why do I think this? Simply because I believe form is temporary, class is permanent. A cliche I know, but the really top managers get to the root of a players problems, and learn how to make them tick. To write a fine young player like Ireland off after working with him for six months would be criminal imo.

with 4 years left on his contract we don't have to sell apart from a big bucks offer. i would like to see stevie fight his way back into the team, he has the talent and his best years are surely ahead of him, we don't want to miss out on that

BillyShears said:
Classic Bluemoon!

The Sunday Mirror writes - "Tevez Wants Out!"

We all scream "Bollocks!"

The Sunday Mirror writes - "Ireland Wants Out!"

We have 11 pages of Ireland bashing.

Don't tar us all with the same brush Billy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.