ireland wants out (merged)

fathellensbellend said:
to lose stephen ireland and about 20 odd million to acquire james milner would confirm all my doubts about mancini.

You mean get rid of someone who hardly played and when he did he was dreadful, and acquire last year's young player of the year?

Yeah. Shocking. What are they thinking?

bluemanc said:
Skibum said:
So Mancini challenges Stevie to sort his head out and the reply allegedly is to put in a transfer request.

Do we need players in our squad with that degree of mental strength? I personally think not.

This marks a watershed in my opinion. It had to eventually come to the stage in our development where the manager had the balls to off load some of our beloved academy products who are not quite good enough. That's the likes of Richards, Nedum and Stevie I.

Hughes didn't have the balls to do this obviously Mancini has.

Good luck to those that leave and thank you for your time with City.

Just another stage in our development.
You are answering a made up question with what you hope is the answer,perhaps it's an another indication of the managers mismanagement skills & Supermans just the latest of a long line of players that don't want to play for him,the bit about him having more guts than Hughes is funny though.

"mismanagement skills"???

Point out to me what Hughes has won?

This guy is a winner and if he sends a team out I want everyone of those players to be 100% with him and giving 100%.

SI is our past where slightly above average players from our much vaunted but usually fails to deliver academy are awarded superstar status. Let him go and good luck to him I think you'll find he'll be one of those players who gives a manager one good season before he lapses back into his current form and is then moved onwards and downwards.

Kinky by name said:
Now is the time for the mental strength - if he's had this meeting and agreed to go away and think about it he can either put his request formally in writing to the club or he can say "Right, bollocks to this – I'm going to fight for my place and play so well that I'll make it impossible for the manager to overlook me when selecting the team."

Either way the club has to benefit from that situation.

The danger is that this is Stevie reverting to type - he has previous as being a quitter rather than a battler - someone who's more likely to run away from a problem or a challenge than take it on.

I was delighted last season when he looked like he'd developed a bit more mental strength and an improved attitude to go with his undoubted natural talent, but we can't say this sort of behaviour is entirely unprecedented for the player can we.

It's this attitude that will stop him from becoming the player he can be - he needs to have a winning mentality as well as the ability we all know he has to become a great player - otherwise he'll become just another talented footballer who never lived up to his potential. And there are plenty of them about.

If he moves on and can develop this then good for him, but (if true) this current episode suggests the old Stevie who bails out at the first sign of adversity is still there, which is a shame for us and for him.

I wish it would have worked out for him at City as he's a good lad but I fear he's gonna be one that moves around a lot.

I think he loses interest in things after an amount of time and it affects his 'job'

Good luck to him wherever he ends up.

Rösler's Dad said:
stonerblue said:
I've just read the 'story' and the following is the only line in it that pretends to have any substance

'A City source confirmed: “It has been a difficult year for Stephen and he feels that he needs a move to refresh his career.”

Whenever you get a "source" quoted like that in a tabloid, you can pretty much guarantee it's made up bollocks.

I will not deny that this happens on occasions but, generally speaking, a source will remain unnamed because they have a job/working relationship to protect and for no other reason.

Kinky by name said:
Rösler's Dad said:
Whenever you get a "source" quoted like that in a tabloid, you can pretty much guarantee it's made up bollocks.

I will not deny that this happens on occasions but, generally speaking, a source will remain unnamed because they have a job/working relationship to protect and for no other reason.

It's a typical way in which an agent get's what he wants out into the big wide world......if you get my drift?

Danamy said:
Kinky by name said:

It's a typical way in which an agent get's what he wants out into the big wide world......if you get my drift?

I do. I know.

Don't think he copes with being a lesser superstar

Won't be missed his form fell away so badly that you wonder was he an average player having some good games

or a good player having average games

i'd say he's average

kronkonite said:
Don't think he copes with being a lesser superstar

Won't be missed his form fell away so badly that you wonder was he an average player having some good games

or a good player having average games

i'd say he's average

The thing that frustrates most I think is that he does have the potential to be one of the best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.