ireland wants out (merged)

bluemanc said:
Skibum said:
So Mancini challenges Stevie to sort his head out and the reply allegedly is to put in a transfer request.

Do we need players in our squad with that degree of mental strength? I personally think not.

This marks a watershed in my opinion. It had to eventually come to the stage in our development where the manager had the balls to off load some of our beloved academy products who are not quite good enough. That's the likes of Richards, Nedum and Stevie I.

Hughes didn't have the balls to do this obviously Mancini has.

Good luck to those that leave and thank you for your time with City.

Just another stage in our development.
You are answering a made up question with what you hope is the answer,perhaps it's an another indication of the managers mismanagement skills & Supermans just the latest of a long line of players that don't want to play for him,the bit about him having more guts than Hughes is funny though.

Easy to twists words. Mancini has the more balls than Hughes we it comes to dumping beloved academy players and also more balls than Hughes to play them.

That clear enough?

Nothing to do with balls as a player. Hughes just wasn't ever going to make the decisions that would upset the fans even if it was for the better of City

People make it out to be a Mancini Ireland thing, but to be fair Hughes had pretty much stopped playing him before he laft too. Ireland has had one outstanding season and the rest of the time he has been very hit and miss.

It seems that he now feels that moving on might be the thing he needs to get his career back on track and if(as most of us hope)we add to the midfield this summer his first team action will be reduced.

If Ireland got his head down he'd find himself in a team which suits his style of play.

He is paid to do a job to the standards of those who pay him and those in charge of his future, namely Mancini. Does anyone seriously think Ireland has been up to standards this past season and warrants another chance if they take off their blue tinted specs?

If we want to be successful we need to find more consistent creative midfielders who can do it week in, week out and there is no room for sentiment in football. If we want to win trophies we have to remove the good players who remain at that level with those who are great or those who can be great in the future.

Sometimes players just need a change of scenery. I expect this is the case for Stevie and I wish him well. There is no malice / bitter feeling towards his actions on my part.

C_T_I_D said:
He is paid to do a job to the standards of those who pay him and those in charge of his future, namely Mancini. Does anyone seriously think Ireland has been up to standards this past season and warrants another chance if they take off their blue tinted specs?

If we want to be successful we need to find more consistent creative midfielders who can do it week in, week out and there is no room for sentiment in football. If we want to win trophies we have to remove the good players who remain at that level with those who are great or those who can be great in the future.

Sometimes players just need a change of scenery. I expect this is the case for Stevie and I wish him well. There is no malice / bitter feeling towards his actions on my part.
Very much this

Skibum said:
bluemanc said:
You are answering a made up question with what you hope is the answer,perhaps it's an another indication of the managers mismanagement skills & Supermans just the latest of a long line of players that don't want to play for him,the bit about him having more guts than Hughes is funny though.

Easy to twists words. Mancini has the more balls than Hughes we it comes to dumping beloved academy players and also more balls than Hughes to play them.

That clear enough?

Nothing to do with balls as a player. Hughes just wasn't ever going to make the decisions that would upset the fans even if it was for the better of City
Easy to twists words.
Isn't it just.
To suggest Hughes only made decisions that wouldn't upset the fans is stupid,our owner bought robinho & a lot of fans loved him but Hughes dropped him on a regular basis.
"A really good manager" will get the best out of robinho was a popular shout on here when mancini came in,funny how that turned out.
How many of our youth system did he play in the game against spuds btw...or perhaps the question should be how many did he have the balls to play.
Yes it's easy to twist words but you started it.

Can't actually believe people are blaming Mancini for this, ain't this the same Stephen Ireland that blamed his poor form on Mark Hughes? Now, I've always been a big fan of Ste, i used to frequent 606 and on my page I had, " keep faith in Stephen Ireland, he'll come good." Which he did, but like alot of prospects who come through our academy he thought he'd made it and has taken his foot off the gas, not the sign of a player who you want playing central midfield in a team competing for the title. He just hasn't got the frame of mind which really is a shame as he's wonderfully talented.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.