ireland wants out (merged)

ireland will leave city to go to a lesser prem club then he will fall away into obscurity playing for a championship side like ipswich.

shut the door on your way out ireland...best player in city squad says ned...lmfao no chance

Disappointing if true, what happened to fighting for your place and proving critics wrong? He's just taking the easy route out.

You can't finish in the Top 4 with lots of players who can't/won't tackle consistently in the side. The nearest is Arsenal but not many of their "lighter" players can't tackle, indeed some of them are right nasty little bastards.

Sadly with Robinho and Ireland we had two - and finished 10th. All the skill in the world is useless if you don't have the ball. Hughes tried to get around it by filling the midfield with defensive midfielders to back them up, and it didn't work, hardly surprising as I don't really see him as a radical genius who could come up with a new style of play.

Ireland needs to develop a nasty streak to go with all his skill, or he'll become a journeyman midtable player.

I think the issue with Ireland is a reflection of a wider issue facing the club. If the owners/management at City want to create an era of success at the club they will have to find a solution to the problems with players who lose form, be it Robinho, Ireland or the next player. Buying and selling isn't going to provide a squad capable of delivering sustainable results. And, if were looking at losing 10M a time, even the richest guy in the world is going to get sick of it in the end.

SI had a good season but then lost a bit of form, picked up a couple of injuries and hasn't been able to get back to his peak. Ireland is a good player. He's shown, on occasion, he has the makings of a very good player - a player who could be a regular in the team of a winning City side.

The club have to believe that they can support players like Ireland when the going gets tough and bring him back to his best form - and convince the players that they are capable of doing it too. All players go through bad patches. If City adopt a revolving door policy for players who lose form, no-one will come to us except those looking for an nice, easy pay day for a couple of seasons.

It's hard, nowadays. City are fighting for the top spots in the PL, not sitting mid-table with one eye on the drop. Players need quality playing time to really get back up to speed, but the managers need 100% performances for the full 90, every game, and the two don't mix. Throwing a player on for the last 10 mins isn't enough for them to become really sharp again. (I think this was also in part the problem with Robinho but that's for another day).

IMO the solution is not to sell Ireland, especially not to sides we'll be competing with next year like Villa or the rags. Sunderland were interested in SI a while back. Why not arrange a half season loan up there? SI could get regular PL football and build up his form, Bruce would prob. suit him as a manager - and we'd be repaying part of a debt from this season for Fulop. If things don't look any better at Christmas, look to offload him then. At least he'll have been in the shop window rather than getting splinters in his bum and we could get a decent price.

I was pretty gutted to hear this news as I really like Ireland and think he could get back to how he was last season but some people think he's been given enough chances and some aren't bothered if he leaves. I think really he would have put in the effort to try to turn around and get back to how he played last season but with that kind of menatality from fans who should be showing support it isn't really that surprising to see him say this. We all know Stevie said he nearly left before after seeing some of the stuff people wrote about him on here and I think this might be a factor again.

I know Ireland hasn't been an amazing player this season but he did have a bit of a rocky time with the health scare and so on and since then he seemed to lose a bit of confidence but instead of getting behind him I noticed a few fans at matches were just blaming him for things. He really became a bit of a scape goat to some people who would use him as an excuse for many things when really it wasn't soley his fault.

I would personally be gutted to see Ireland leave and go to any club as I can see it coming back to haunt us, kind of similar to the Richard Dunne loss. He had a bit of an off season and some fans made him a scape goat so he left for Villa and then he played great for them and I can see exactly the same happening if Ireland goes. I just pray if he does go it isn't to the rags, it'll be bad enough seeing him have a great season for another club and thinking to myself I knew this would happen but having them rub my face in it as well would be awful.

C_T_I_D said:
He is paid to do a job to the standards of those who pay him and those in charge of his future, namely Mancini. Does anyone seriously think Ireland has been up to standards this past season and warrants another chance if they take off their blue tinted specs?

Lets be honest who in our midfield can say they have been up to standards this season apart from Bellers most have been hit and miss this season. So if we were to take this logic we would be looking for a new midfield.

Interstate 5 said:
You can't finish in the Top 4 with lots of players who can't/won't tackle consistently in the side. The nearest is Arsenal but not many of their "lighter" players can't tackle, indeed some of them are right nasty little bastards.

Sadly with Robinho and Ireland we had two - and finished 10th. All the skill in the world is useless if you don't have the ball. Hughes tried to get around it by filling the midfield with defensive midfielders to back them up, and it didn't work, hardly surprising as I don't really see him as a radical genius who could come up with a new style of play.

Ireland needs to develop a nasty streak to go with all his skill, or he'll become a journeyman midtable player.

The Ireland cant tackle is a load of bollocks he can tackle and has done so under Hughes. He is a very good reader of the game and has cut out a lot of attacks as well since Mancini has come in he has found it hard to get games under his belt. Also the niggling injuries doesnt help.

How long will it take for some fans to get on the back of Adam Johnson I give it the 5 th game of next season and people will be slating him god helps anyone if they loose form they are screwed with some fans back the players dont slate them.

Hi i hope you dont mind me writing on this site but i always read your forum mainly when we were about to lose lescott to you.

im an everton fan as you may have guessed from my username...

for me stephen ireland is a fantastic player, and yes i do believe he has lost his way along the line....i believe him to be a confidence player who occassionally needs an arm around his shoulder to give him that boost.
i dont see mancini as being that type of manager but i do think he will find his form again, lets face it in his position and with your financial clout you dont really need a player like stephen ireland...i also think he has come to that stark reality, mancini has big plans for the club and i think stephen realises he doesnt appear in those plans...in my opinion the lad has realises this and is now ready to move on
the way he plays and his unrecognisable talent means he will move on and there will be no shortage of clubs wanting to sign him....(for obvious reasons i pray it isnt liverpool)
its situations like this where i wish our club had just a fraction of the money you guys do as i believe he would fit into everton very well...and yes i know a lot of you are not fans of moyes but he is a manager that brings the best out of players...he has proved it over the years although no amount of loving ever got van der myde to the standard we all prayed for.
i hope he doesnt go to villa either, they are such a boring team and i feel he has a lot to offer a club
im interested to see who your club bring in this transfer window...its great to see the big four breaking up and as long as you dont buy torres...highly overrated in my opinion i think you will be right up there
i am an everton fan but first and foremost i love football and stephen ireland has one of the best eyes in the game for spotting that forward pass....
i do believe he will return to that unbelievable form he showed...but i also believe you have higher ambitions and his time is done.

leighton said:
C_T_I_D said:
He is paid to do a job to the standards of those who pay him and those in charge of his future, namely Mancini. Does anyone seriously think Ireland has been up to standards this past season and warrants another chance if they take off their blue tinted specs?

Lets be honest who in our midfield can say they have been up to standards this season apart from Bellers most have been hit and miss this season. So if we were to take this logic we would be looking for a new midfield.

The Ireland cant tackle is a load of bollocks he can tackle and has done so under Hughes. He is a very good reader of the game and has cut out a lot of attacks as well since Mancini has come in he has found it hard to get games under his belt. Also the niggling injuries doesnt help.

How long will it take for some fans to get on the back of Adam Johnson I give it the 5 th game of next season and people will be slating him god helps anyone if they loose form they are screwed with some fans back the players dont slate them.

problem for me is, last year he showed he could tackle and break up play, but this year he seemed uninterested in doing so. I do think some of the stick he gets is ridiculous, but I also think that on the evidence of this season, he's become misguided about what he needs to do in order to contribute to the team, and really develop into an influential, rounded player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.