ireland wants out (merged)

MCC said:
If he wants out - and there are no direct quotes, only speculation as far as I can see - he is an idiot. He has the platform to go and show what a talent he is and prove that he is a top, top player. Top players can adapt to different situations and still shine. If he is good enough he will play an integral role play. It is up to him and how much he wants it. Simple as that.

If he leaves here it won't be to play for Wigan Athletic, because there will be no shortage of top managers wanting to bring him to their club. This is something the 'Ireland Is Shit' merchants clearly fail to grasp.

hgblue said:
MCC said:
If he wants out - and there are no direct quotes, only speculation as far as I can see - he is an idiot. He has the platform to go and show what a talent he is and prove that he is a top, top player. Top players can adapt to different situations and still shine. If he is good enough he will play an integral role play. It is up to him and how much he wants it. Simple as that.

If he leaves here it won't be to play for Wigan Athletic, because there will be no shortage of top managers wanting to bring him to their club. This is something the 'Ireland Is Shit' merchants clearly fail to grasp.

Just to point out, I am a fan of his and am not in the 'Ireland Is Shit' club as he has is undoubtedly anything but. I just want to see him fulfill his potential.

MCC said:
hgblue said:

Just to point out, I am a fan of his and am not in the 'Ireland Is Shit' club as he has is undoubtedly anything but. I just want to see him fulfill his potential.

Wasn't suggesting you were to be fair. I quoted your post because you were saying that Ireland would be an idiot to leave, as if we were the only show in town. I'm guessing the lad has many options open to him, and he'd probably prefer to play somewhere where he feels wanted and feels that the manager rates him.

hgblue said:
MCC said:

Wasn't suggesting you were to be fair. I quoted your post because you were saying that Ireland would be an idiot to leave, as if we were the only show in town. I'm guessing the lad has many options open to him, and he'd probably prefer to play somewhere where he feels wanted and feels that the manager rates him.

Yeah I didn`t think that you were mate - just wanted to make it clear from my side. Agree that a player performs best when he is loved.

hgblue said:
MCC said:

Until he loses his place and refuse to fight for it. As a neutral I cant belive how much you city fans rate this guy, he happen to have a purple patch where everything went for him last season, but throughout his career he has been a nice little player who is goof at short paces, but he lacks strenght, pace, mental toughness and ability to control a game. By far the most overrated player in the PL

kiiiki said:
hgblue said:

Until he loses his place and refuse to fight for it. As a neutral I cant belive how much you city fans rate this guy, he happen to have a purple patch where everything went for him last season, but throughout his career he has been a nice little player who is goof at short paces, but he lacks strenght, pace, mental toughness and ability to control a game. By far the most overrated player in the PL

bollocks

kiiiki said:
hgblue said:

Sorry mate but you're just showing your lack of knowledge with that comment.

I like Stevie Ireland and agree he's tremendously talented. Unfortunately being the best player in training means nothing if you cannot reproduce it on the pitch. I also think that simply saying a good manager gets the best out of his players is too simplistic a view as their are plenty of good managers who've had good players underperform.

When Stevie is at his most frustrating is when the game passes him by and when he doesn't do the running and tackling. In my opinion when your form runs dry those basic qualities should remain. I believe he has enough about him to be an asset to our squad no matter who we bring in but most of his issues are in his head.

His good form the season before was a result of him deciding he wasn't going to let his ability go to waste. His form was not a result of a Hughes masterstroke but was determined by Stevie. Last season he allowed too much of the game to pass him by. I think like Mancini says he needs to sort his head out (but probably not the best thing for Mancini to say publicly).

If he sorts himself out he'll grow into our Scholes, Lampard and Gerrard etc. If not he'll be a good pro like Sidwell, Malbranque or Murphy.

As much as it pains me to say it he needs to adopt an attitude like Sturridge. He saw a chelsea team with Drogba & Anelka and thought he had something to offer. Arrogant little boy but hes a good few years younger and has seen his team do the double this year. We all said it last year that we needed another creative mid so Ireland most have known it was coming. instead of reportedly throwing his toys away he should be showing Mancini he can offer something when he plays.

heitingafan said:
Hi i hope you dont mind me writing on this site but i always read your forum mainly when we were about to lose lescott to you.

im an everton fan as you may have guessed from my username...

for me stephen ireland is a fantastic player, and yes i do believe he has lost his way along the line....i believe him to be a confidence player who occassionally needs an arm around his shoulder to give him that boost.
i dont see mancini as being that type of manager but i do think he will find his form again, lets face it in his position and with your financial clout you dont really need a player like stephen ireland...i also think he has come to that stark reality, mancini has big plans for the club and i think stephen realises he doesnt appear in those plans...in my opinion the lad has realises this and is now ready to move on
the way he plays and his unrecognisable talent means he will move on and there will be no shortage of clubs wanting to sign him....(for obvious reasons i pray it isnt liverpool)
its situations like this where i wish our club had just a fraction of the money you guys do as i believe he would fit into everton very well...and yes i know a lot of you are not fans of moyes but he is a manager that brings the best out of players...he has proved it over the years although no amount of loving ever got van der myde to the standard we all prayed for.
i hope he doesnt go to villa either, they are such a boring team and i feel he has a lot to offer a club
im interested to see who your club bring in this transfer window...its great to see the big four breaking up and as long as you dont buy torres...highly overrated in my opinion i think you will be right up there
i am an everton fan but first and foremost i love football and stephen ireland has one of the best eyes in the game for spotting that forward pass....
i do believe he will return to that unbelievable form he showed...but i also believe you have higher ambitions and his time is done.

Might end up at your place. He is the sort of player that Moyes has stuffed his midfield with.

On form Ireland is a bit like a steroid fuelled, Leon Osman, on crack with much better vision and eye for a killer pass.

Unfortunately this season, when given the rare opportunity, he has just been like Leon Osman (who I rate as a decent little player, by the way, just not near Ireland's level - well, Ireland's level when he is in the zone, anyway)

He might be best going to spain or italy-not a physical player and seems tactically astute enough

to me he just doesn't get involved enough

this is possibly because we play a pressing game with a strategist as a passenger in the side

it's a shame everton can't afford him how about Rodwell for him?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.