ireland wants out (merged)

He has more than enough talent to make it at any level. But his head isn't right. It's that simple. Sadly I see a Gascoigne 2.0

Lucas North said:
Under a decent manager who knows how to 'push the right buttons' l'm sure he will flourish and realise his undoubted potential .
slag off fergie as much as we want, no doubt he gets the best out of players so i think if he went to united fergie would work wonders with him

Not read the whole thread, but seems like most people have it right.

He has outstanding natural talent, but his problems are in his head. If his confidence is up and he feels great then he CAN be one of the best players in the league. I took my brother (Man U fan .... yes I know!) to City v Arsenal the season before last on a spare ticket and he couldn't get over how brilliant Ireland was.

And I don't think that if he's playing badly it must therefore be down to bad management - Hughes/Mancini/whoever have got 20+ top players to handle and motivate, and it seems to me that Stevie's demons are in control of him and not the other way round.

Shame though - he was my favourite player when he was playing well.

supercity36 said:
Lucas North said:
Under a decent manager who knows how to 'push the right buttons' l'm sure he will flourish and realise his undoubted potential .
slag off fergie as much as we want, no doubt he gets the best out of players so i think if he went to united fergie would work wonders with him

Everyone keeps saying this but hasnt exactly worked wonders with Berbatov, Veron, Kleberson, Forlan, Obertan, Djemba Djemba, Goalkeepers x5

Plus surely we would not sell him to 1 of the top 4 not unless we held them to ransom for him

Mad as a cake stand. Will always be up and down so let some other squad and manager deal with it. There are equaly good players with out the mental problems.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
supercity36 said:

Everyone keeps saying this but hasnt exactly worked wonders with Berbatov, Veron, Kleberson, Forlan, Obertan, Djemba Djemba, Goalkeepers x5

Plus surely we would not sell him to 1 of the top 4 not unless we held them to ransom for him

obertan? hes a youngster so no way of knowing if he'll make it. as for the rest, not even the best of managers could of got much more out of those players. lets face it, they arent exactly ripping up trees. verons back in argentina, klebersons in brazil, djemba djemba was in denmark last i heard

He was outstanding in the 2008/09 season, however he was well below par last season. At this point I'd be looking to keep hold of him and see whether 2008/09 was an unusually productive season or if that's the player Ireland really is and last season was a minor setback. If, come next Summer, Ireland hasn't returned to the levels that nearly won him PFA Young Player of the Year then that would be the time to look at him moving on, not now.

supercity36 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

obertan? hes a youngster so no way of knowing if he'll make it. as for the rest, not even the best of managers could of got much more out of those players. lets face it, they arent exactly ripping up trees. verons back in argentina, klebersons in brazil, djemba djemba was in denmark last i heard

Well Veron was considered one of the best players in the world at the time he was signed and is current south american footballer of the year, Kleberson was considered the next best thing (ireland sound familiar), Djemba Djemba was just a plank i give you that. Howard gone on to do well at Everton, Forlan became one of the best goal getters in Europe, Berbatov was supposed to be god and was fantastic at Spurs.

Depends what you believe in really

supercity36 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

and berbatov? guess it doesnt suit your argument

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.