Ireland

Poor game by his standards...many contributing factors, but no point in even mentioning those on this board tonight.

He was poor again, clearly lacking confidence from firstly being played out of position and secondly being in and out of the side.

He made some great runs today but doesn't have the players to find him. I think it'll be a mistake if we let him go as once he finds his form again he is one of the best at the club.

He can do better. He knows he can do better.

After all his statements about being played out of position (which I think is foolish anyway, as a good player can and should be able to adopt within that range - no manager will build a city team around him) he now had his chance in the precise formation he got his player of the year award last season... and was average again.

I really hope he picks himself up, because he is the best option in the squad to provide us creativity through the middle..something our recent performances have missed desperately.

He should do better. I hope he knows he should do better.

I think that it looks like he has lost his confidence, dont know why or how but its obious to see that he is not the same player as last season and something has happened to him. i was optamistic when i heard he was starting because i thought that this was his time to shine and make some really good killer passes (which we needed today), but once again he had a shocker and went missing. we need the old stevie back!

smithy167 said:
sweep said:
Hmmm, must be something wrong with my new laptop as I can't see anywhere in my post where it says anything like that, strange.
Maybe i see your post in a different way than you meant sorry, but when Ireland plays crap some posters blame the rest of the team for not passing to him when he makes these runs you`re on about.
As I said he was poor on the ball so not blaming anyone else for theat, but there were several occasions he'd got into good forward positions with space and we chose other poorer options.

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
He was poor again, clearly lacking confidence from firstly being played out of position and secondly being in and out of the side.

He made some great runs today but doesn't have the players to find him. I think it'll be a mistake if we let him go as once he finds his form again he is one of the best at the club.

My personal opinion is he'll move in the summer...

BillyShears said:

My personal opinion is he'll move in the summer...
I'd be very unhappy if this happened, he would shine at United, Arsenal etc...

Its bullshit saying we dont have the players to find his runs, these same players manage to find Tevez`s `runs, i hope we dont let him go he has the ability but needs to show it. Makes me laugh how the rest of team are to blame for not seeing his runs, what runs its no good jogging next to the guy who has the ball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.