Ireland

I honestly think with Adebayor as the front man it is harder for Ireland to play in the same team as him. There today with no Tevez and Bellers not starting up front Adebayor is a nightmare to have in our team. Time and time again he wants to drop deep for the ball which messes up the midfield. Ireland may have the ball if there is no one up there to pass it too it is just going to slow down the game until Adebayor gets up front.

I know this season he hasn't hit the highs of last year but last year he was playing with better passers of the ball than he is this year and players who can see the runs and are willing to try and move the ball quicker. Robhino and Elano all had that vision to pick Ireland out and unfourtunely both those players are not at the club no more. Instead Barry and De Jong are more than happy to give the simple ball. Which slows everything down. A big part of Irelands play last season was arriving in the box late and getting on the end of things this season it hasn't happended. Now we are seeing a player who is in transition at the club. I tend to see Mancini trying to mould Ireland into his type of player which is told to hold the midfield line and not to attack as much as he once did taking away Irelands biggest assit to the club.

I think the fans need to get behind him and back him no point in booing like in seasons past he is slowly but surely getting back his confidence and with a good run in the team we will see the best of Ireland. As long as we have other options up front than Adebayor the team will go on to better things unlike what we have seen in the past few games.

thepole said:
Fucking hell, this guy actually said he was considering leaving city when he read some of the shit posted on here, you'd think people would learn from it.

He is in bad form, how can any of you possibly know the flash cars and presents have gone to his head? He has been in and out of the team, often playing out of position and as a result, has lost confidence. How about we get behind him and hopefully with a run in the first team he could return to the player we had last season, because look around, he is the only creative central midfielder we have, and could be huge for us if he gets back in to a run of form. Can't believe how fickle some fans are

Totally agree with this, give our players some support.

Time for him to end his international exile. Play well for the republic in the brazil friendly coming up, get his confidence back and show mancini what he is really about. Forget about whatever happened with the republic set up in the past, he could get valuable game time playing for the republic

BillyShears said:
Grand Master Ram Rod said:
I'd be very unhappy if this happened, he would shine at United, Arsenal etc...

Probably.
Well if its gonna take a move to another club for him to shine cya later, he needs to try and shine here and if he aint interested in doing that see you later, Manchester City is bigger than any player.

smithy167 said:
BillyShears said:
Probably.
Well if its gonna take a move to another club for him to shine cya later, he needs to try and shine here and if he aint interested in doing that see you later, Manchester City is bigger than any player.

I think if he ever leaves it'll be a sad day for City. He's only just turned 23 and has the potential to be world class in a few years. But you're right, there's no player bigger than the club.

Stevie had just over half a good season then tailed off, those of you expecting him to run games... it's never going to happen, yes he can play a good defence splitting ball now and again but thats it.

He's not a top bracket player sadly and it shows he never has a big impact on the big games never.

bluebear said:
Time for him to end his international exile. Play well for the republic in the brazil friendly coming up, get his confidence back and show mancini what he is really about. Forget about whatever happened with the republic set up in the past, he could get valuable game time playing for the republic

i would agree with that. having a break from the international scene helped him realise he was in charge of what he did, and freeing up his mind allowed him to gain in confidence and get some focus on himself, he improved a lot but appears in a bit of a rut now. he could draw a line under that and start a new phase, show he's afraid of nothing and no-one, that he just wants to play top football as much as possible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.