Ireland

Big time charlie for me.

I help run a kids team. Below teenagers is all i'll say and it really annoys me when they try flicks and tricks. I always say to them, save it for the playground.

Ireland tried 4 today and each one made him look foolish.

Great chance to fill his boots. I think he'd rather be somewhere else!

RyantheBlue said:
Shite again, playing in his so called position, stop defending average players, the majority of you say 'get behind the players' bla bla. There's a difference between needlessly slagging off players for nothing and criticising players who have been plain awful.

He's not been awfull though, Not living up to last season performances and not as influencial, but he wasn't awfull.

pee dubya said:
RyantheBlue said:
Shite again, playing in his so called position, stop defending average players, the majority of you say 'get behind the players' bla bla. There's a difference between needlessly slagging off players for nothing and criticising players who have been plain awful.

He's not been awfull though, Not living up to last season performances and not as influencial, but he wasn't awfull.

He wasn't astonishing last season, there were still a lot of games in which he didn't turn up. I struggle to think of;
a) how many times he touched the ball today
b) how many times he didn't lose it when he did

bondsman said:
Great season last year but now back to the Ireland of old.

This.
Been in the team since he was 18/19, had one decent season, even then he was AWOL over Xmas and Jan.

Ireland was chasing shadows all day. He let us down big time, he did. It was his job to supply Adebayor (who did play well today) but he didn't. It was then left for Wright-Phillips and Johnson to do an extra job. He was second to every ball and often looked lost. He just doesn't look arsed anymore.

BillyShears said:
smithy167 said:
Well if its gonna take a move to another club for him to shine cya later, he needs to try and shine here and if he aint interested in doing that see you later, Manchester City is bigger than any player.

I think if he ever leaves it'll be a sad day for City. He's only just turned 23 and has the potential to be world class in a few years. But you're right, there's no player bigger than the club.
I don`t want him to leave us, i want him to shine for us he has it in him wish someone would get a grip of him and focus his mind.

RyantheBlue said:
pee dubya said:

He wasn't astonishing last season, there were still a lot of games in which he didn't turn up. I struggle to think of;
a) how many times he touched the ball today
b) how many times he didn't lose it when he did

From the OS (don't know where else to get the stats) he completed 18/24 passes, lower success rate and fewer passes than Barry and De Jong, but he was playing further forwards i think(?) and was a bit mroe ambitious with them.

Still looks tidy on the ball with the awareness of who's around him that most other players lack and is needed to unpick defences, that makes him worth perservering with, in my opinion.

leighton said:
I honestly think with Adebayor as the front man it is harder for Ireland to play in the same team as him. There today with no Tevez and Bellers not starting up front Adebayor is a nightmare to have in our team. Time and time again he wants to drop deep for the ball which messes up the midfield. Ireland may have the ball if there is no one up there to pass it too it is just going to slow down the game until Adebayor gets up front.

I know this season he hasn't hit the highs of last year but last year he was playing with better passers of the ball than he is this year and players who can see the runs and are willing to try and move the ball quicker. Robhino and Elano all had that vision to pick Ireland out and unfourtunely both those players are not at the club no more. Instead Barry and De Jong are more than happy to give the simple ball. Which slows everything down. A big part of Irelands play last season was arriving in the box late and getting on the end of things this season it hasn't happended. Now we are seeing a player who is in transition at the club. I tend to see Mancini trying to mould Ireland into his type of player which is told to hold the midfield line and not to attack as much as he once did taking away Irelands biggest assit to the club.

I think the fans need to get behind him and back him no point in booing like in seasons past he is slowly but surely getting back his confidence and with a good run in the team we will see the best of Ireland. As long as we have other options up front than Adebayor the team will go on to better things unlike what we have seen in the past few games.
Nice to hear from Irelands agent!
Sorry but another average player who is being found out! Destined to vanish like a certain scouse fool who thought he was better and bigger than the club!!

MIKEYP said:
Nice to hear from Irelands agent!
Sorry but another average player who is being found out! Destined to vanish like a certain scouse fool who thought he was better and bigger than the club!!

Of all the stupid things written in this thread, this is the stupidest...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.