Ireland

BillyShears said:
MIKEYP said:
Nice to hear from Irelands agent!
Sorry but another average player who is being found out! Destined to vanish like a certain scouse fool who thought he was better and bigger than the club!!

Of all the stupid things written in this thread, this is the stupidest...

I wouldn't mind if I was his agent. The way some of you on here want rid of our most talented player to come from our youth set up. Get behind the lad for fuck sake.

Billy ain't you Irelands mate or something?

Anyway. Today he looked like he didn't want the ball, everytime he had it he'd panic and give it away straight away. Wish he'd pick his form up abit

give the lad a break please he needs a few games b4 he gets in stride like anyone who hasnt play regular i think its mancini he doesnt know where to play him last season he played in a 4-5-1 which i think he is best ployed also teams keep an eye on him after last season back the player not slate him for god sake

madblue said:
give the lad a break please he needs a few games b4 he gets in stride like anyone who hasnt play regular i think its mancini he doesnt know where to play him last season he played in a 4-5-1 which i think he is best ployed also teams keep an eye on him after last season back the player not slate him for god sake

Sick of this 'give the lad a break' bollocks.
Yes, I want him to prove me wrong.
Yes, I'll get behind him at the match

but if he plays poorly, we as fans are allowed to let him know? For christs sake some of you did it with players that weren't even playing poorly, and yet now just because he was good for 3/4 of last season you defend him after every bad performance.

Is it possible that maybe he's not just 'off form' but pherhaps he was just on very good form last season and is now struggling to maintain it? He's played enough games this season and done nothing in any of them.

charlie smudgeboots said:
Big time charlie for me.

I help run a kids team. Below teenagers is all i'll say and it really annoys me when they try flicks and tricks. I always say to them, save it for the playground.

Ireland tried 4 today and each one made him look foolish.

Great chance to fill his boots. I think he'd rather be somewhere else!

Aye, can't be having kids having fun playing football and trying out different skills. You must be a great coach. Infact you'll probably produce the next Messi or Iniesta! Keep up the good work...

Been callimg for him to play now for ages,

today was his chance to do something, and unfortunetely for him he just didn't deliver, i think after today we could see him back on the bench again soon, mancini probably didn't like what he saw, but stevie was upset with himself and he looked very down, at least he cares anyway.

Don't know what's up with him, but he just isn't the same player he once was.

today i noticed something though, in the centre where he normally roams around, he didn't when one of our back 4 had the ball he was very deep and almost playing in a strikers position, he hardly ever come for the ball and made any attempt to show for it, i can't recall him picking the ball up once today and have the chance to turn with ease and run at Liverpool, he seemed very deep and always had a man on him, normally he will come and pick the ball up on the halfway line, today he didn't do that.

This boy will never be the macurial saviour most of you are looking for, he's 22 now not 18, he's had half a good season last year thats it. The boy has good technique and can spot a pass but ffs he's no Gerrard/lampard like most elude to, just because he's come through the youth system doesn't mean he should get chance after chane!! He's not consistent enough and there are far superior players out there who will influence big games but you gotta pay top dollar for them.

Stevie Ireland will never be the sort of player to drive you on from midfield ala Gerrard and win you a big game. He has a nice neat touch makes a nice run now and again picks a nice pass but thats it sadly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.