Is Cook leaving?

Chick Counterfly said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Who going to glad hand the fan's and tell them that they are the most important thing to him, whilst doing simultaneously ignoring all that rhetoric and solely concentrating on squeezing every last penny out of them?

I doubt a replacement could dish out that level of insincerity with such a straight face.

It is possible for people to be interested in their customers and still want to make money out of them.

What's really confusing is the notion that Kenyon would be more acceptable despite having an unparalleled reputation for increasing prices, because for some unstated reason you reckon he'd be honest about it. What do you care about, accessibility? Or is it something about how you perceive people's personality?
I can't speak for JMA but I suspect he has a gripe with policies such as the Platinum member bullshit which is just a price hike by proxy dressed up as a fancy 'value add' that has been specifically designed to enhance the matchday experience in direct response to feedback from the supporter community (*vomit*).

So the supporters told you they wanted to pay an additional £50 on top of the price increase already implemented just to maintain the status quo?

Really?

Some people might like to call it clever marketing; I prefer to view it as a not-so-subtle way of increasing prices a lot more than you have the balls to admit. I suspect JMA feels the same way.

All in all, I think Cook has done a good job and would be happy to see him continue, but I think the club is moving into dangerous territory when it so blatantly starts hoodwinking the very people that make it tick.

Dubai Blue said:
Chick Counterfly said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Who going to glad hand the fan's and tell them that they are the most important thing to him, whilst doing simultaneously ignoring all that rhetoric and solely concentrating on squeezing every last penny out of them?

I doubt a replacement could dish out that level of insincerity with such a straight face.

It is possible for people to be interested in their customers and still want to make money out of them.

What's really confusing is the notion that Kenyon would be more acceptable despite having an unparalleled reputation for increasing prices, because for some unstated reason you reckon he'd be honest about it. What do you care about, accessibility? Or is it something about how you perceive people's personality?
I can't speak for JMA but I suspect he has a gripe with policies such as the Platinum member bullshit which is just a price hike by proxy dressed up as a fancy 'value add' that has been specifically designed to enhance the matchday experience in direct response to feedback from the supporter community (*vomit*).
So the supporters told you they wanted to pay an additional £50 on top of the price increase already implemented just to maintain the status quo?
Really?
Some people might like to call it clever marketing; I prefer to view it as a not-so-subtle way of increasing prices a lot more than you have the balls to admit. I suspect JMA feels the same way.

All in all, I think Cook has done a good job and would be happy to see him continue, but I think the club is moving into dangerous territory when it so blatantly starts hoodwinking the very people that make it tick.
if you are a regular city mag and prog buyer platinum is worth considering for the substitute online versions.

johnny crossan said:
Dubai Blue said:
Chick Counterfly said:

Really?

if you are a regular city mag and prog buyer platinum is worth considering for the substitute online versions.
It's a big IF. And these online versions are hardly adequate substitutions for those that actually by the physical editions. It's a 'value add' that adds little to no value to the supporter and costs the club nothing. As I said, it's just a glorified price rise that the vast majority of season ticket holders have been pushed into going along with.

Dubai Blue said:
Chicken Kiev said:
And nor would I ever allow my kids to have to learn the teachings of Islam, Ala and all that horse shit. Its a disgrace that all this and things like this are being forced down the throats of young impressionable kids by Idiotic bleeding heart liberals and their bullshit beliefs.
Yeah, fancy trying to broaden children's horizons and open their minds up a bit to other cultures. After all, the previous approach worked wonders for the country, helping to develop fine well-rounded members of the community such as yourself who describe a religion that more than a quarter of the world's population follows as 'horse shit'.

With all due respect, your whole post is a load of bollocks.

Just because many people follow does not preclude religion from being horse shit.

SWP's back said:
Dubai Blue said:
Chicken Kiev said:
And nor would I ever allow my kids to have to learn the teachings of Islam, Ala and all that horse shit. Its a disgrace that all this and things like this are being forced down the throats of young impressionable kids by Idiotic bleeding heart liberals and their bullshit beliefs.
Yeah, fancy trying to broaden children's horizons and open their minds up a bit to other cultures. After all, the previous approach worked wonders for the country, helping to develop fine well-rounded members of the community such as yourself who describe a religion that more than a quarter of the world's population follows as 'horse shit'.

With all due respect, your whole post is a load of bollocks.

Just because many people follow does not preclude religion from being horse shit.
Of course. It's more the fact that this guy thinks we'd be better off simply ignoring what a quarter of the world gets up to that I disagree with. As well as his rabid homophobia.

Do other Premiership Clubs have a real emphasis on enjoying our match day experience? Ridding the ground of scrotes who smoke in the toilets (and listening when they've got it wrong) or being more relaxed to standing in assumed areas might be an improvement on dishing out blue wigs or £50 a time for a 0-0 with Birmingham City.

i like cookie monster!! yeah hes made his gaffes but hes also done a bloody good job and if khaldhoon thinks hes worked his bollocks off and done a brilliant job thats good enough for me!!

Thaksinssoldier said:
Met Cook once had about a 15 min chat right before a game.

Came across as a genuine bloke who actually really cared about our experience.

That's who I want running our team and if he goes I wish him nothing but the best.
My experience of Mr Cook is that he's up his own arse and when I met him seems to have been brought up with no manners to speak of. Speaks volumes for his presentation skills if he's come accross as being genuine in any way!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.