Is Cook leaving?

I hope not, he's turned around the vibe at City.
I'd be happy for him to do the job from the States like Klinsmann did with Germany.
Top man. yeah...commute Cookie

But Klinsmann, 40, brushes off the critics, saying there are 10 DFB staff watching Bundesliga matches and reporting to him.

"I don't see any problems about my commuting," Klinsmann said on a recent one-day trip to Germany to attend the draw for the 2005 Confederations Cup.

Neil McNab said:
My experience of Mr Cook is that he's up his own arse and when I met him seems to have been brought up with no manners to speak of. Speaks volumes for his presentation skills if he's come accross as being genuine in any way!

It's well documented that he's got good PR skills with our Fanbase but his handling of Journalists is very poor. He gives them so much rope.

SJT said:
I hope not, he's turned around the vibe at City.
I'd be happy for him to do the job from the States like Klinsmann did with Germany.
Top man. yeah...commute Cookie

But Klinsmann, 40, brushes off the critics, saying there are 10 DFB staff watching Bundesliga matches and reporting to him.

"I don't see any problems about my commuting," Klinsmann said on a recent one-day trip to Germany to attend the draw for the 2005 Confederations Cup.

this has to be tongue in cheek? cook's an embarrassment to our club. how he's held on to his job is anyone's guess. complete numpty...............and take jo with you!

After the press conference where Mancini was introduced to the media I wanted Cook gone, his handling of that was terrible and given his many gaffes before that, I was really hoping Sheikh Mansour would have seen enough.

There were people defending him saying that he does a good job behind the scenes. Like many, I don't know what his work is like away from the cameras and if he's an inspirational, shrewd business man, then all credit to him, but given how badly he does in interviews I worry when he's the man representing City in top level negotiations. I can imagine his counter parts smiling and taking his cheques, but laughing at him as soon as he's out of the door.

Maybe Cook does a brilliant job behind the scenes, but just as we say when a good player leaves us, we're in a position now to attract the very best on and off the pitch.

I wouldn't be sorry to see him go, he's an accident waiting to happen.

Bellamy's Caddy said:
After the press conference where Mancini was introduced to the media I wanted Cook gone, his handling of that was terrible and given his many gaffes before that, I was really hoping Sheikh Mansour would have seen enough.

I felt so sorry for Mancini. Cook had just employed him yet was being humiliated on television during a Press Conference to introduce our latest new Manager.

The Kaka debacle was his "finest" moment. So disrespectful to AC Milan who are one of the greatest Clubs in the World.

peoffrey said:
Bellamy's Caddy said:

I felt so sorry for Mancini. Cook had just employed him yet was being humiliated on television during a Press Conference to introduce our latest new Manager.

The Kaka debacle was his "finest" moment. So disrespectful to AC Milan who are one of the greatest Clubs in the World.

I felt sorry for Mancini, it was a horrible situation for him to be in and Cook's floor show didn't help matters. Agreed about the Milan thing, we're trying to be taken seriously and you've got Cook insulting one of the most prestigious clubs in world football, it was like something out of ''how to lose friends and alienate people''

When was his last PR disaster?

He's admitted that he dealt with it all wrong to start off with and has since then stayed out of the way.

You might not like the way he handles things but I don't think his commitment can be called into question. I emailed the club with some feedback on the membership scheme and the message was obvioulsy passed on to him - His reply came a couple of days later at 10pm Saturday night.

I'm more than happy with him.

The Future's Blue said:
I like Garry Cook.

Well said.
Cook is quality, we are in the Champions League and have won the FA Cup, the man rocks.
I hope for all our sakes that he decides to stay on. I really do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.