Is it right to blame your players in public ?

I don't really mind managers criticising players as long as it's fair. I don't think it's fair to single out players when the whole team were crap that's for sure. Gaz Baz should have played the pass back wide of the post and if Joe didn't get it its a corner at lease. Even Sunday league teams the pass back is always "Either side of the goal". He could have said this. Or said that Nasri has no hunger, no passion, no dignity and he's a waste of a shirt. But no, he criticises Hart because Harty is too nice to throw his toys out of his pram. He criticises Tevez and he pisses off. For me he has to be consistent if he's going to criticise players.

I dont see what the problem is. Brendan Rodgers did it with Downing, Enrique, & Henderson at Liverpool and they have reacted well.

Franny Lee's Barrel Chest said:
I don't really mind managers criticising players as long as it's fair. I don't think it's fair to single out players when the whole team were crap that's for sure. Gaz Baz should have played the pass back wide of the post and if Joe didn't get it its a corner at lease. Even Sunday league teams the pass back is always "Either side of the goal". He could have said this. Or said that Nasri has no hunger, no passion, no dignity and he's a waste of a shirt. But no, he criticises Hart because Harty is too nice to throw his toys out of his pram. He criticises Tevez and he pisses off. For me he has to be consistent if he's going to criticise players.

After being pro-Mancini all along I have to say that he needs to share some of the blame for yesterday's fiasco. His selection and changes were strange to say the least. Something isn't right somewhere and what baffles me is how the team can play so well at Stoke and then go downhill so rapidly during the last 3 matches.

On the Hart issue, maybe (just maybe) Joe is the type of character that can handle this sort of public dressing down. Maybe Mancini feels that he'll get a better response from Joe by doing it this way. Only those who know Hart personally would be able to answer that question.
I do however think that Bobby Manc airs his views too quickly from the heart rather than from the head and the net result isn't good PR. Let alone the effect it must have within the squad.

Our defence of the title has been average and a result like yesterday has once again highlighted the shortcomings. Champions shouldn't get beaten at places like Southampton & Sunderland and the run-in is looking more and more difficult by the week. We may well find ourselves playing for a place in the top 4.

Here we go with the winging about Roberto from the usual suspects, the numpty lovers can not wait to jump on the good ship spout bollocks.

First you are quoting a media who are shit stirring most of the time as far as we are concerned, so taking that as gospel is foolish at best or more likely just fits in with some idiotic idea that the manager of the current league champions knows less than your good self.

Nor was it the case he said anything the players or anyone who watched the game don't already know, with few exceptions they did not preform to anything like an acceptable level for any team never mind the current champions.

blueonblue said:
Here we go with the winging about Roberto from the usual suspects, the numpty lovers can not wait to jump on the good ship spout bollocks.

First you are quoting a media who are shit stirring most of the time as far as we are concerned, so taking that as gospel is foolish at best or more likely just fits in with some idiotic idea that the manager of the current league champions knows less than your good self.

Nor was it the case he said anything the players or anyone who watched the game don't already know, with few exceptions they did not preform to anything like an acceptable level for any team never mind the current champions.
No, we're quoting Mancini, words he's actually said.

It's on the OS if you remain unconvinced.

blueonblue said:

His quotes about Hart are indefencible, and that's the opinion of someone who hasn't taken part in any of the tiresome in/out debate. That is not how you motivate players to stick together as a team and if I was Mancini's boss I'd be telling him in no uncertain terms that this is the last time he comes out with stuff like this.

If he thinks Joe Hart is so unreliable, he should drop him from the team. Let's see if he does (the Cup game aside), but I suspect he won't have the courage of his convictions, and that makes these latest comments even more bizarre.

I just think sometimes the dressing room needs a royal bollocking to wake up at times. Neither Mancini, Platt or Kidd seem the types to do this.

No use in criticising players in public without saying it to them straight.

M24 Citizen said:
I just think sometimes the dressing room needs a royal bollocking to wake up at times. Neither Mancini, Platt or Kidd seem the types to do this.

No use in criticising players in public without saying it to them straight.

I think Mancin Kidd and Platt will tell the players exactly what they think. I also suspect the tricky might be having a word

Mancini took all the blame for the first half of the season. But there comes a time when protecting your players is not the right thing to do. That time was Sunderland - the players responded. Lets hope they get a grip this time too.

If the little word in your shell like has`nt worked , then Yes . Sort your napper out Joe would be a last resort . They are men not fragile little babies , and yes I`d do it in public its worked for that lot in the next village for years . You`d have to be braindead not to get the cryptic message from the old pisscan ,he cojoles the best out of his players and has a track record . They (the players) played shit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.