Is left back really a problem?

Thing is, we rarely make these transfers. The club are obsessed with the latest shiny toy when it comes to fullbacks or centre backs. More often than not, they are worse than what was "expected".

Never like hyped players.

Just the obvious players fans could scout.
If something doesn't improve this window within the next week and a bit, it will go down as the worse one since 2012/2013. On that occasion we missed out on Van Persie and Eden Hazard (both of whom were keen to come to City) and then we signed Jack Rodwell (I seem to think it was that same window). Truth is, last season's window wasn't great either). The club needs to pull it's finger out. I can't believe how long it's taken to bring in a half decent centre back and why we have demonstrated so little apparent interest in bringing in a striker, now that Sergio is in his 30's, is beyond me. WTF?

Not sure Txiki can. Its been a problem for 3 years!

It's been a problem for longer than that. It seems like LB has always been a problem for us. Even going back to Clichy and Kolarov who each were hardly world beaters. Even before that it was Wayne fucking Bridge. I'm starting to think we'll never see the day City have a LB you don't have to worry about.

I blame Dani Alves. If he hadn’t bailed on his move to City, we buy Bertrand who would have at least given us a proper working left back. Instead he went to PSG and we bought Danilo and had no money left for Bertrand. Since then Mendy has been injured regularly so we’ve played Delph, Zinchenko, Fernandinho, Laporte, Danilo, Cancelo and Bernabe at left back. No doubt Ake will be added to the list.

I think during individual seasons the club was spoilt by the form of Delph and Zinc.

They did such a good job at LB that the club thinks it can do it again by playing a RB in Cancello as LB.

Replacing Mendy is easy said than done. None of us really know the criterion in what the club will look for in a left back. Cancelo once he is fit will be the the main one this season.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.