Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

We’ve been through twice in the last few weeks and both times it was OK - but that is because we had carry-on only.

But I echo your general thoughts - every airport I’ve been through in the last 20 years is streets ahead of Manchester in terms of the efficiency, especially getting through security and check-in. CDG, Barcelona and Madrid are some of the busiest in Europe and it always seems effortless. Why don’t Management at Manchester send people to those airports and look how it’s done? It can’t be that difficult.
I think it's simple Rob - other airports are run with an overall strategy to make it for people to pass through as easily and efficiently as possible.

Manchesters strategy is to extract as much money from people first and cut costs to the bone.

I flew in from Rome on the 23rd and returned to leave for Tronno on Wednesday. Rome in and out was effortless.

Coming in was pretty straight forward, but leaving was more of an issue.

Security was like an overloaded cattle market, but there was a system in operation. No point in getting worked up about it, it is what it is.

I will say that on arriving from Rome, I found the staff exceptionally helpful when requiring direction.

Tronno was a shit show, but as with Manchester, there was a system for incoming. It would help if staff realized that some people don't speak the language, are not familiar with airport procedure, or that the whole area looks like bedlam and signage would go a long way to alleviate some of the issues.

(Would recommend the Griffin Pub if you're staying out in the Heald Green area and the Joseph Holt Smooth........although the lad behind the bar advised me that the John Smiths Smooth is preferable from his point of view). :)

Whats T2 like nowadays, heading to Rhodes next weekend.
Went through Saturday, bit of a wait at the checking in desk, security pretty quick even with being searched, noticed a big queue at the end though waiting as their bags had been pulled, then went on to DF and the eating places for some pre flight entertainment and to laugh at how much they charge.

Went through T2 Tuesday morning and it was a doddle. Jet2 check in took maybe 10 minutes and I had fast track security which also took about 10 minutes but without fast track the queue seemed to be moving pretty quick anyway. The only snag was a fire alarm went off on the restaurant floor upstairs in the departure lounge which had to be evacuated so I missed my bacon buttie!

Flew into (and out of) it at the weekend with Ryanair. Airports are soulless places at the best of times. But I can't honestly say that I had any major issues. Security was negotiated in about 20 minutes or so on sunday morning, around 10 o'clock.

I flew back home last night. Landed at 23:45 and straight into a huge queue for immigration. Probably around 30 minutes, then onto baggage reclaim, this added another 20 minutes, so over 50 minutes from landing to leaving the airport. In contrast I landed in Tenerife at 12:00 and was outside waiting for the bus at 12:20.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.