Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

Yes!

If you want to see what a proper airport is like.
How a proper airport is run.
Fly to Munich Airport
The toilets are spotless. The cleaner has to log when the toilets are cleaned on a digital screen inset into the wall.

I've seen a toilet door off it's hinges and propped up against the wall in terminal one.
I've seen 4 out of toilet cubicles without toilet paper in terminal one.
The toilets in terminal one are a f*cking filty disgrace.
Bar the queues and queuing up, the security staff shout at passenger in the queue.
Some of security staff checking the cases are aggressive and rude to passengers.
I recently had an incident where a security staff member checked my case, questioned me in an aggresive manner, caught my coat in the case zip, I had no option but to cut a hole in the inner linning of my coat, pick the inner lining of the coat out of the zip with tweezers, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to close my case.
The security guard knew he'd done it whilst checking the contents of my case, but said nothing, gave me my case back with the coat caught in the zip, and walked off.
I complained to a supervisor. He told me to file a complaint on the airport website.
Zurich airport. It really does run like a Swiss watch and the security staff are actually smiling and helpful. As for Manchester T1 it really is a total disgrace and an embarrassment to the city of Manchester.

Manchester Airport has been declared the UK's worst after a year of travel disruption.

The airport's Terminal 3 got a customer satisfaction score of just 38%, according to a survey by Which? magazine.

Angry travellers said it was "chaotic", "heaving" and "an end-to-end shambles".

Better in the urinal than in the sink I guess :)
I’ll never forget seeing a urinal smashed off a wall in an Irish bar in Ibiza. Then someone had the cheek to drape a big turd into what was left of the porcelain on the wall. How they did this without making a mess or slicing their arse I’ll never know.

I flew out from T2 on Friday morning at 7am. Got there at 04:30 and even for that time of day, it was fairly busy. Anyway, checked in and dropped bag, went to security, all done in 15 minutes.

Came back on the Monday at 2pm, after the walk from the end of the new pier to the passport control area, I was through in 2 minutes, and baggage arrived about 15 minutes after the plane landed.

Absolutely no issues, so from my experience, pretty good.

I flew out from T2 on Friday morning at 7am. Got there at 04:30 and even for that time of day, it was fairly busy. Anyway, checked in and dropped bag, went to security, all done in 15 minutes.

Came back on the Monday at 2pm, after the walk from the end of the new pier to the passport control area, I was through in 2 minutes, and baggage arrived about 15 minutes after the plane landed.

Absolutely no issues, so from my experience, pretty good.
Flew out of T2 at 430pm on Monday to Budapest with jet2. No problems at all. Due back at 10pm tonight hopefully all will be good then too.

I flew out of T2 a fortnight ago. Bag drop, was like a ghost town, straight to the desk, cases in and off to security. That was busier but the long queue was at a good fast walking pace and we were through security in about 20 min if that so we were well pleased. Got to the food court, queues at every eatery , hardly any sandwiches in Pret a Manger. Managed to get a beer but that was it.
On the way home last night, very pleasantly surprised with passport control, loads of E gates set up and was through in minutes. Waited 20 mins for carousel to set off with cases, first batch arrived, so some were happy, had to wait another 40 mins for ours as it seemed the handlers were on a shift change.
Some money is being spent on T2 to improve it and I dont think it was too bad apart from waiting for the cases.

Public Toilets are the same everywhere in the UK. Absolutely filthy. I’m always amazed that so many people have such dirty habits to make them that way. Toilet paper on the floor with crap on. Shit stains everywhere. Minging. I once went in McDonalds in town and someone had crapped in the Urinal! Put me right off my quarter pounder with cheese that did!

Not just public, some dirty bastards leave the toilets at work in a disgusting state. When I worked in the office I'd regularly go to find toilets in a different part of the building because of the arseholes who can't be bothered to use a toilet brush.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.