Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

i managed to get up to duty free for a bit of Christmas shopping:) ,but got battered in the afternoon missed most of the match, I'm cold wet and tired, haha

Attachments

• IMG-20221210-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20221210-WA0002.jpeg
    353.7 KB · Views: 52
That dusting of snow we gave had this morning has managed to close the airport. All other airports open as usual I believe. Shocking planning as usual by the airport management.
I was working in the "dusting " safety is paramount,believe me they wouldn't of shut it down if they could of kept it open, I was hoping for another couple of foot of snow in the afternoon, I had a lovely morning:) ,but paid for it in the afternoon

Attachments

• IMG-20221210-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20221210-WA0002.jpeg
    353.7 KB · Views: 18
I was working in the "dusting " safety is paramount,believe me they wouldn't of shut it down if they could of kept it open, I was hoping for another couple of foot of snow in the afternoon, I had a lovely morning:) ,but paid for it in the afternoon
What are your thoughts on what will happen with the Border Force strikes in terms of cancellations?

We have a flight booked on 23rd December. EasyJet say they are planning to run all flights but yesterday we got an email offering us the chance to cancel the flight and retain the credit - which suggests to me that cancellations are on the way.

Coming out of Canada Belgium game first week here I heard some Canadians discussing their various travel experiences on getting to Qatar, well the air was blue when to a man/woman Manchester Airport was mentioned. Everyone of them went into fine detail about Ringway and wasn't pretty earwigging.

That dusting of snow we gave had this morning has managed to close the airport. All other airports open as usual I believe. Shocking planning as usual by the airport management.
Managed to get ey up and away with only a 30-minute hold for de-icing before they closed it down. T2 worked like clockwork with minimal queues and operated beyond the efficient so credit where it's due.

For the first time ever and deep within a cost-of-living crisis, we refused to spend £6.50 on a pint. Enough is enough and the line in the sands been drawn. No one has to be a fat lad, so just learn to say no and they may get the message. I also declined a kitkat at £1.40. That is all:

Last edited:
For delays it's probably the worst at present. But we know why.
Went out through Gatwick in October, and it was in more of a mess than usual. It is usually a model of efficiency. The most efficient airport I've come across in the world for speed of security check.
I do find it stupid that post-Brexit you have your passport checked both at the outgoing airport and the incoming in, in some cases. In fact, at Lyon it was the case pre-Brexit!

Changi airport Singapore the best in the world by some distance.
Manchester airport has become a stressful horrible place . Feel sorry for the staff there as a lot of passengers don’t help the situation.

What are your thoughts on what will happen with the Border Force strikes in terms of cancellations?

We have a flight booked on 23rd December. EasyJet say they are planning to run all flights but yesterday we got an email offering us the chance to cancel the flight and retain the credit - which suggests to me that cancellations are on the way.
Sorry I've no idea, thought the army were getting involved, all up in the air

A friend flew into Heathrow yesterday and 5 plane loads of passengers had no bags returned to them. Rumours that all the baggage handlers had phoned in sick to watch the football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.