Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

Changi airport Singapore.
Terminal 1, awesome.

Outdoor swimming pool and bar
Gym
Free cinema
Indoor rainforest
Leather sleep sofas
Butterfly garden
IMAX theater

Screenshot_2022-12-12-18-05-14-37.jpg

Last edited:
Manchester Airport is a really ratty little dump. I flew out of T1 recently, and it's really dated and grotty. The returns bit to T1 is weird as well, a full A380 setting down 500 passengers all cramming into an arrivals area the size of a tennis court with 4 fruit machines in the corner. Welcome to Manchester.

Manchester Airport is a really ratty little dump. I flew out of T1 recently, and it's really dated and grotty. The returns bit to T1 is weird as well, a full A380 setting down 500 passengers all cramming into an arrivals area the size of a tennis court with 4 fruit machines in the corner. Welcome to Manchester.
We used T1 last month, it was showing it's age amongst other things some whole blocks of toilets were unavailable and some working ones were doorless.

However, it was quiet, maybe due to the time of year and I could get a beer without queuing like the new terminal.

Overall it's a means to an end, we walked through check-in (easyJet), security etc almost without breaking pace. It was a much better (shades of shit) experience than from the new terminal in June.

A full A380 setting down 500 passengers all cramming into an arrivals area the size of a tennis court with 4 fruit machines in the corner. Welcome to Manchester.
This made me laugh. :)

I cant remember seeing the fruit machines but the vibe of what you said is so true. You just get used to it and then when you arrive in just about any other airport, it's like a different world.

I worked for a few years at the airport, back in the 90's, when its (much publicised) message was to be the worlds best. It seems from reading this thread that they have achieved significant progress in the direction away from meeting the objective :)

This made me laugh. :)

I cant remember seeing the fruit machines but the vibe of what you said is so true. You just get used to it and then when you arrive in just about any other airport, it's like a different world.

It's truly dreadful. I'm flying out tomorrow at 5:55 am and Ryanair have already sent me a message saying due to delays at security I should go to the bag drop at least three hours before departure. Thankfully I booked so called fast track as I hate queuing so I hope this helps.

Terminal 3 is small and cramped and I've found all the terminals badly signposted and I'm from here, God knows have those with limited English navigate it. The airport has hardly any staff and those you encounter to try and get directions from act like you're trying to mug them and brush you off as quickly as they can. The taxi pick up point I've found is like the krypton factor trying to find it. Horrible place. Going on holiday is supposed to be one of life's pleasures but they turn it into some form of mental torture. Wish me well lol.

It's truly dreadful. I'm flying out tomorrow at 5:55 am and Ryanair have already sent me a message saying due to delays at security I should go to the bag drop at least three hours before departure. Thankfully I booked so called fast track as I hate queuing so I hope this helps.

Terminal 3 is small and cramped and I've found all the terminals badly signposted and I'm from here, God knows have those with limited English navigate it. The airport has hardly any staff and those you encounter to try and get directions from act like you're trying to mug them and brush you off as quickly as they can. The taxi pick up point I've found is like the krypton factor trying to find it. Horrible place. Going on holiday is supposed to be one of life's pleasures but they turn it into some form of mental torture. Wish me well lol.
We’ve just shelled out and extra £132 to bring our flight to Paris forward one day, thereby avoiding the Border Force strike. Plus another £130 or so for another night’s accommodation and then and extra £40 quid or so to add one day to a five-day slot on the car park.

This is modern travel. First world problems and all that.

We’ve just shelled out and extra £132 to bring our flight to Paris forward one day, thereby avoiding the Border Force strike. Plus another £130 or so for another night’s accommodation and then and extra £40 quid or so to add one day to a five-day slot on the car park.

This is modern travel. First world problems and all that.

Ha ha yes it does feel like we moan about fuck all at times but people deal with the reality they find themselves in. Personally I would just like to get a reasonable service and at Manchester airport this is down to pot luck rather than the norm.

I flew out Friday morning and got the same message from Ryanair. Took us approx 5 minutes from getting through the entrance of t3 to being in the bar area.

Tip for anyone arriving or departing by taxi book to/from the radisson blu hotel, its not part of the airport parking fee so you save £6(?) each way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.