Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

Still a few days before we go via T2 but already the shenanigans have begun.

Not exactly the airport's fault, but certainly contributing to the experience, our operator decided to place our 2 year old in her own seat in row 2 of the aircraft, 4 rows away from me, and my 7 year old at the back of the plane on her own around 26 rows away. Child safety obviously not something they're big on.

All because we wouldn't pre book our seats. Well, they either change it in accordance with CAA guidelines or the screaming of our two girls will bring the flight down by itself.

So we'll be arriving at the airport in the early hours and have to hope for an understanding check in operator with some common sense before we even get to the power hungry security staff.

I swear, unless my expectations are proven misplaced then it's the last time I bother.
they will change it ,they have no choice

Some of the rudest cunts on earth work in security and passport control at Manchester Airport. The way I've seen them talk to visitors to our country is an absolute disgrace.

If you can't be bothered to show even very basic levels of respect when interacting with foreigners, then perhaps working in an international airport isn't the job for you.

I fly a lot with work and of all the airports I’ve only ever felt upset enough to complain at LHR once and MAN twice. No idea about customer service or how to be civil to people.

I've flew out of Manchester a few times this year and it got me thinking, it generally has to be one of the most poorly run airports in Europe (out of all that are a decent size)

I've been to a good few shockers in my time but Manchester seems so dour, desperately in need of a refurb and some of the most rude security staff I've had the displeasure to meet.
I’m at Manchester airport right now and it has been a shambles since I arrived. Lost a case, fucked around at security, missed my flight because of the case and security, found my case and lost the other. Missed a business meeting and dinner and lost my sense of humour 3 hours ago. Never again.

Just had the displeasure of using this place.

T2 on the way out, some woman ranting that our SEE THROUGH zippable bags for toiletries weren't allowed, instead we had to transfer said toiletries into a SEE THROUGH zip lock that they provided. So after it has travelled the 12 feet through the x-ray machine, I transferred it back into our bags. I offered the plastic bag back to the woman; "you can re-use this." "You can" Came the reply, "no, I have a bag already, seems pointless to bin this" - she snatched it off me and binned it. Rude woman.

On the way back, had the displeasure of being on the same Jet2 flight as Roy Keane, he and his rude woman wife pushed to the front of the taxi rank cue, in an obvious "do you know who I am?" case.

Then I was charged £35 for the pleasure of getting home. Robbing bastards.
I bought a see through plastic zippable bag for toiletries a couple of years ago when doing short breaks.
Manchester is the only place where they insist on emptying it out into two separate ziplock plastic bags of their own

Still a few days before we go via T2 but already the shenanigans have begun.

Not exactly the airport's fault, but certainly contributing to the experience, our operator decided to place our 2 year old in her own seat in row 2 of the aircraft, 4 rows away from me, and my 7 year old at the back of the plane on her own around 26 rows away. Child safety obviously not something they're big on.

All because we wouldn't pre book our seats. Well, they either change it in accordance with CAA guidelines or the screaming of our two girls will bring the flight down by itself.

So we'll be arriving at the airport in the early hours and have to hope for an understanding check in operator with some common sense before we even get to the power hungry security staff.

I swear, unless my expectations are proven misplaced then it's the last time I bother.
Got home about an hour ago.
On the flight home they couldn’t get us two seats together unless we were prepared to pay £22 each.
Paid the money and then when we get on the flight there were several empty rows. Robbing bastards.

In the past 7 days I've heard two friends arriving early morning Transatlantic flights into T2 only to find another plane sat in their airbridge area. This also happened to me in recent years and again this April. .An hour and 20 minutes waiting on the tarmac after a 7 hour flight just because MIA are incompetent.
What the hell is up with Manchester Airport that they cannot understand that the Jeststream often brings aircraft from the USA earlier than scheduled. Its without doubt the worse smelly dump you can fly from/into.

Particularly bad this morning, T2 escalators not working, no stairs, huge queues for the lift and bin dippers everywhere!
On the plus side, Gary Owen is on my flight.

Last edited:
I think it’s just British officialdom in general.
They are cunts to all ‘Johnny foreigners’ in all aspects of life

Africans being well known for their manners... Don’t get me started on belligerent Pakistani men...

I’d hate to be self-loathing.

T2 is for the low-costs, isn't it (I should know this, I go through it often enough)? I mean, the low-costs and only them? Anybody else — like myself — get the distinct impression that any airport in Europe that has constructed a terminal specifically for those airlines, you get treated like shit? i.e. like a low-cost and therefore low importance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.