Is Mancini adapting his Inter tactics? [Tactics talk]

well thanks to this thread it is was very fun watching the tactical game today... we surely did try to play as Inter used to do today... only problem became evident that all strikers went to far back to have anyone to pass to when we did attack... we need a focal point for it to work! and we missed that today...

SWP tried many times to be the striker for us but he isnt in the same bracket as striker as tevez or ade... or balotelli...

It was a 4-3-3 today but Silva had the freest of free roles. drifting everywhere. Kolarov provided width in the first half but his injury obviously stopped that and Barry often popped up in that left hand channel, but I think that was partly to help out Zaba with Lennon. Frustratingly from our point of view we didn't have enough players in the box for crosses but I think Super Mario will be the spearhead a la Adriano at Inter, come to think of it both are very similar players. But it certainly seems for tough away games there will be 5 in midfield, even if that meant Carlitos in a deeper role.

Well the call was spot on.

We can see now that the front 3 places are between Tevez, Silva, Balotelli, Adebayor, Johnson, SWP and maybe Robinho and Ireland...? Not bad options and I think the 1st three of those will be the best combination, but what riches!

The middle 3 will come from NDJ, Yaya, Barry, Milner, Viera, Zaba, Ibrahim and maybe Kompany if needed.

On the evidence of today the new boys are going to take a little while to get up to speed but I'm confident they will.

Some of the possession stuff and passing today was great against a very tenacious Spurs. Ok the final ball was often lacking and we lost possession too easily at time but there was plenty there to be hopeful about.

Game on.

I saw it at this

1st half

------------------ Hart

-- Richards -- Toure -- Kompany -- Kolarov

--------- Toure -- de Jong -- Barry

------------- SWP ------- Silva

------------------- Tevez

2nd half

------------------ Hart

-- Richards -- Toure -- Kompany -- Zabaleta

---------------- de Jong

------ Johnson -- Toure -- Barry

------------------ Silva

----------------- Tevez

gman07 said:
yea I agree 10 Goater Legend... thats how I saw it also... but that is the fluid 433 that Outrun explained not the christmas tree that we started with... also have to say tho that tevez rarely was the lone striker when we attacked only at the start of an attack when we came from defence positions...

second half after SWP went out and AJ came on that seemed to be our position and it gave us more possession and options even tho i would say that tevez and silva switched alot of position during that half... when Ade came on we finally went back for a more fluid 433 with Ade being the focal point of attack with AJ and Silva being more on the width and tevez playing more behind as second striker
I've avoided this thread like the plague but ffs.
82min SUB: Adebayor on for Tevez
with Ade being the focal point of attack with AJ and Silva being more on the width and tevez playing more behind as second striker
By all means make up what you want about the "system"& "tactics" you lot think we are using but let's have a limit of how far to go.

Excellent thread, it's interesting to see Mancini try his formation again this season as I think it struggles against good wide players. I thought our full-backs were screaming out for some support today. I'm sure Mancini will tweak and the formation should see us dominate against weaker teams.

bluemanc said:
gman07 said:
yea I agree 10 Goater Legend... thats how I saw it also... but that is the fluid 433 that Outrun explained not the christmas tree that we started with... also have to say tho that tevez rarely was the lone striker when we attacked only at the start of an attack when we came from defence positions...

second half after SWP went out and AJ came on that seemed to be our position and it gave us more possession and options even tho i would say that tevez and silva switched alot of position during that half... when Ade came on we finally went back for a more fluid 433 with Ade being the focal point of attack with AJ and Silva being more on the width and tevez playing more behind as second striker
I've avoided this thread like the plague but ffs.
82min SUB: Adebayor on for Tevez
with Ade being the focal point of attack with AJ and Silva being more on the width and tevez playing more behind as second striker
By all means make up what you want about the "system"& "tactics" you lot think we are using but let's have a limit of how far to go.
sry for an factual wrong post... ignore my post!

I really like this thread , I cannot wait until our players settle into this style of play that mancini has in mind, itl look mint, i think balotelli might be the pivocal point that some people are talking about with silva and tevez running around looking amazing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.