Is Nasri a liability?

He can definately be a liability. He has improved this season but can still go missing all too easily when the going gets tough. Once a poulet always a poulet.

Quagmire blue said:
Mike N said:
I love the 'bring back (insert crap prayers name)' comments. They add such a lot to the debate.

As for Nasri, IMO, he's a superbly talented footballer but he often doesnt turn up for the big games. I think there's enough evidence of a number of fans saying similar to mean that it's a valid comment to make.
Yes hi mate.

It beats moaning ungrateful posts though and posts that slag players off conveniently after an average performance. They're quick to complain but never bother to praise our players or team when they do well, as is evident when you compare post match threads after a win (about 15 pages) and a loss (about 80 pages).

It does add to the debate because it highlights how spoilt most of our fans are these days!

No it does not. 'Ungrateful' fans is another bizarre point to make. We are football fans FFS, it hurts when we get beat. Of course there's going to be pages and pages of complaints.

Players who dont appear to be up for a fight, regardless of their undoubted talent, will always get stick. Compare his 'heart' with Silva; there is no contest.

karen7 said:
jake28 said:
He can definately be a liability. He has improved this season but can still go missing all too easily when the going gets tough. Once a poulet always a poulet.

That's a bit harsh

The truth is sometimes just that.

jake28 said:
karen7 said:
jake28 said:

That's a bit harsh

The truth is sometimes just that.

I think it's harsh too. He has been good this season and there will be plenty of takers if he goes in the summer which I think he will

deano ou812 said:
nellyonthewing said:
Firstly let me say I am not a fan of Nasri. I sense he is not 100% committed to the cause. Occasionally he reveals the skills that he undoubtedly possesses but I find it annoying and irritating that these flashes of greatness are few and far between.
In games like yesterday he wanted to play the tippy tappy style of football he learnt at Arsenal. It came off once with Silva getting in on goal but generally his play for me is a weakness in the left side of our midfield.
David Silva is similar build and has been a titan in recent weeks running ,tackling and chasing. Cannot say the same about Nasri.
This is an area I would like to see us strengthen next Season.
Bottom line is if he was playing against us for the rags or Chelsea would he hurt us ,I don't think so.
Suppose we should recall sinclair from wba for the remaining six games...

Well said mate. Tippy tappy football?? So what are we a kick and rush team?? I don't know if you go to the game but if you do keep your eye on Nasri and you will see he seldom if ever loses the ball and his control and touch are sublime. Silva playing number 10 relieves him of having to track back maybe that's another reason it's his best position? Back to Samir, who would you rather have in that position? Recall a few seasons back he hurt us for Arsenal when Boyata was sent off he took us apart that day which probably alerted Mancini to buy him. We all know that he isn't the best facing his own goal,neither is Navas but that's the way MP plays the game and that's why we have scored a shitload of goals including Samirs world class strike at Wembley, fair enough he was poor in the first half at Anfield but he picked up in the second, and if it wasn't for cheating twat of a ref and an uncharacteristic mistake from Vincent we would of got a draw at the least. He is my most improved player under MP, there is only maybe Hazard I'd have over Samir, I wouldn't swap him for Mata,Carzola or Oscar, might swap him for the mighty Mark Noble though!!!!

Burtonrdblue said:
deano ou812 said:
nellyonthewing said:
Firstly let me say I am not a fan of Nasri. I sense he is not 100% committed to the cause. Occasionally he reveals the skills that he undoubtedly possesses but I find it annoying and irritating that these flashes of greatness are few and far between.
In games like yesterday he wanted to play the tippy tappy style of football he learnt at Arsenal. It came off once with Silva getting in on goal but generally his play for me is a weakness in the left side of our midfield.
David Silva is similar build and has been a titan in recent weeks running ,tackling and chasing. Cannot say the same about Nasri.
This is an area I would like to see us strengthen next Season.
Bottom line is if he was playing against us for the rags or Chelsea would he hurt us ,I don't think so.
Suppose we should recall sinclair from wba for the remaining six games...

Well said mate. Tippy tappy football?? So what are we a kick and rush team?? I don't know if you go to the game but if you do keep your eye on Nasri and you will see he seldom if ever loses the ball and his control and touch are sublime. Silva playing number 10 relieves him of having to track back maybe that's another reason it's his best position? Back to Samir, who would you rather have in that position? Recall a few seasons back he hurt us for Arsenal when Boyata was sent off he took us apart that day which probably alerted Mancini to buy him. We all know that he isn't the best facing his own goal,neither is Navas but that's the way MP plays the game and that's why we have scored a shitload of goals including Samirs world class strike at Wembley, fair enough he was poor in the first half at Anfield but he picked up in the second, and if it wasn't for cheating twat of a ref and an uncharacteristic mistake from Vincent we would of got a draw at the least. He is my most improved player under MP, there is only maybe Hazard I'd have over Samir, I wouldn't swap him for Mata,Carzola or Oscar, might swap him for the mighty Mark Noble though!!!!

You can play tippi tappi football in your own half and in the midfield, however in the final third, things have to be rushed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.