Is Nasri a liability?

TheProdigy2k9 said:
One thing I have noticed is that he seems to play better with Kolarov as opposed to Clichy.
Don't know if its just me

Clichy is crap going forward. Kolarov is world class when he goes further up the pitch. He brings the most out of Nasri.

That's Nasri for you , he relies on others .. he can't make an impact on the game by himself.

gungho-tactics said:
TheProdigy2k9 said:
One thing I have noticed is that he seems to play better with Kolarov as opposed to Clichy.

Clichy is crap going forward. Kolarov is world class when he goes further up the pitch. He brings the most out of Nasri.

That's Nasri for you , he relies on others .. he can't make an impact on the game by himself.

Aye he was fucking awful when we beat Chelsea in the title winning season. Wasn't he ?

Meant to add, it's also a team game . The hightlighted bit makes no sense at all.

nellyonthewing said:
Firstly let me say I am not a fan of Nasri. I sense he is not 100% committed to the cause. Occasionally he reveals the skills that he undoubtedly possesses but I find it annoying and irritating that these flashes of greatness are few and far between.
In games like yesterday he wanted to play the tippy tappy style of football he learnt at Arsenal. It came off once with Silva getting in on goal but generally his play for me is a weakness in the left side of our midfield.
David Silva is similar build and has been a titan in recent weeks running ,tackling and chasing. Cannot say the same about Nasri.
This is an area I would like to see us strengthen next Season.
Bottom line is if he was playing against us for the rags or Chelsea would he hurt us ,I don't think so.

Astonishing post, he has been one of our top players this season, a must on the team sheet

nellyonthewing said:
Not witnessed such a stormy reaction since I started the 'Steve Redmond -is he really a future England Captain?' thread.

Stevie Redmond was my favourite player!! although hes a fookin scouser!!!, My mate an Oldham fan loved him when he went there too, does anybody know what hes up to now is he still in Football???<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:51 pm --<br /><br />Would you swap Samir for Isco?? Don't think Isco was getting a game when Jese was fit. Do you think they could play together Isco and Samir?? It would take a bit of time for Isco to get used to the Prem, ala Silva..

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
gungho-tactics said:
TheProdigy2k9 said:

Aye he was fucking awful when we beat Chelsea in the title winning season. Wasn't he ?

Meant to add, it's also a team game . The hightlighted bit makes no sense at all.
Exactly what I was going to say, football's a team sport of course he relies on others!

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
gungho-tactics said:
TheProdigy2k9 said:

Football is also 1vs1 game. Wingers in particular must be capable of beating their man. Unless Kolarov is making an overlapping run, Nasri can't beat his man.<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:57 pm --<br /><br />
Burtonrdblue said:
nellyonthewing said:
Not witnessed such a stormy reaction since I started the 'Steve Redmond -is he really a future England Captain?' thread.

Stevie Redmond was my favourite player!! although hes a fookin scouser!!!, My mate an Oldham fan loved him when he went there too, does anybody know what hes up to now is he still in Football???

-- Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:51 pm --

Would you swap Samir for Isco?? Don't think Isco was getting a game when Jese was fit. Do you think they could play together Isco and Samir?? It would take a bit of time for Isco to get used to the Prem, ala Silva..

Isco is exactly the same as Nasri (just a little bit better). But Ancelotti realizes that these type of players shouldn't be playing on the flanks. They should play in the centre. So now Ancelotti wants Isco to play in central midfield.

gungho-tactics said:
Burtonrdblue said:
deano ou812 said:
Suppose we should recall sinclair from wba for the remaining six games...

Well said mate. Tippy tappy football?? So what are we a kick and rush team?? I don't know if you go to the game but if you do keep your eye on Nasri and you will see he seldom if ever loses the ball and his control and touch are sublime. Silva playing number 10 relieves him of having to track back maybe that's another reason it's his best position? Back to Samir, who would you rather have in that position? Recall a few seasons back he hurt us for Arsenal when Boyata was sent off he took us apart that day which probably alerted Mancini to buy him. We all know that he isn't the best facing his own goal,neither is Navas but that's the way MP plays the game and that's why we have scored a shitload of goals including Samirs world class strike at Wembley, fair enough he was poor in the first half at Anfield but he picked up in the second, and if it wasn't for cheating twat of a ref and an uncharacteristic mistake from Vincent we would of got a draw at the least. He is my most improved player under MP, there is only maybe Hazard I'd have over Samir, I wouldn't swap him for Mata,Carzola or Oscar, might swap him for the mighty Mark Noble though!!!!

You can play tippi tappi football in your own half and in the midfield, however in the final third, things have to be rushed.

What do you mean rushed? Sometimes the final third requires patience? especially since teams come to the Etihad and put 10 behind the ball, just firing balls into the box is meat and drink for a team intent on defending. Im all for Kolorov getting his crosses in early but that's not rushing. Would you consider a one-two tippy tappy?? City are the masters at one-twos at the edge of the box like our first goal at Liverpool which was class BTW and didn't get a mention. I think Silva at the edge of the box is one of the best players in the world and who does he do this with well?? Samir. I love the guy I think hes fooking quality.

Burtonrdblue said:
gungho-tactics said:
Burtonrdblue said:
Well said mate. Tippy tappy football?? So what are we a kick and rush team?? I don't know if you go to the game but if you do keep your eye on Nasri and you will see he seldom if ever loses the ball and his control and touch are sublime. Silva playing number 10 relieves him of having to track back maybe that's another reason it's his best position? Back to Samir, who would you rather have in that position? Recall a few seasons back he hurt us for Arsenal when Boyata was sent off he took us apart that day which probably alerted Mancini to buy him. We all know that he isn't the best facing his own goal,neither is Navas but that's the way MP plays the game and that's why we have scored a shitload of goals including Samirs world class strike at Wembley, fair enough he was poor in the first half at Anfield but he picked up in the second, and if it wasn't for cheating twat of a ref and an uncharacteristic mistake from Vincent we would of got a draw at the least. He is my most improved player under MP, there is only maybe Hazard I'd have over Samir, I wouldn't swap him for Mata,Carzola or Oscar, might swap him for the mighty Mark Noble though!!!!

You can play tippi tappi football in your own half and in the midfield, however in the final third, things have to be rushed.

What do you mean rushed? Sometimes the final third requires patience? especially since teams come to the Etihad and put 10 behind the ball, just firing balls into the box is meat and drink for a team intent on defending. Im all for Kolorov getting his crosses in early but that's not rushing. Would you consider a one-two tippy tappy?? City are the masters at one-twos at the edge of the box like our first goal at Liverpool which was class BTW and didn't get a mention. I think Silva at the edge of the box is one of the best players in the world and who does he do this with well?? Samir. I love the guy I think hes fooking quality.

Once you arrive in the final third, you must be quick or the other teams gets to re-organize themselves. Forget about Kolarov making crosses, why can't Nasri make the crosses ? Why can't Nasri make more defense splitting passes ? The striker is not there for no reason, he needs to be serviced. If you slow the game down the other teams quickly park the bus and then you basically have to work very hard to break them down.

gungho-tactics said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
gungho-tactics said:

Football is also 1vs1 game. Wingers in particular must be capable of beating their man. Unless Kolarov is making an overlapping run, Nasri can't beat his man.

-- Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:57 pm --

Burtonrdblue said:
nellyonthewing said:

Stevie Redmond was my favourite player!! although hes a fookin scouser!!!, My mate an Oldham fan loved him when he went there too, does anybody know what hes up to now is he still in Football???

-- Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:51 pm --

Would you swap Samir for Isco?? Don't think Isco was getting a game when Jese was fit. Do you think they could play together Isco and Samir?? It would take a bit of time for Isco to get used to the Prem, ala Silva..

Isco is exactly the same as Nasri (just a little bit better). But Ancelotti realizes that these type of players shouldn't be playing on the flanks. They should play in the centre. So now Ancelotti wants Isco to play in central midfield.

MP was trying to get Isco to come with him wasn't he? But he chose Madrid but didn't reckon on the rise of young Jese who BTW is defo a star in the making, I haven't watched much La Liga this season mate. Do you think he would handle centre mid at City in his first season? baptism of fire!! I agree with not playing players like him on the flanks but maybe his first season in England he may struggle with the speed,intensity the usual cliché!!, to play centre mid? Buy him anyway!!! I wonder how Samir would react to somebody in his position being bought, like Isco? Would it make him better or would he go the toys out of the pram?? I think it would make him better personally...

gungho-tactics said:
Burtonrdblue said:
gungho-tactics said:

Once you arrive in the final third, you must be quick or the other teams gets to re-organize themselves. Forget about Kolarov making crosses, why can't Nasri make the crosses ? Why can't Nasri make more defense splitting passes ? The striker is not there for no reason, he needs to be serviced. If you slow the game down the other teams quickly park the bus and then you basically have to work very hard to break them down.

I understand what you mean, I think he needs to score more like his goal v Chelsea in 2012, be a bit more direct, hes not a conventional winger he likes to come inside. I wouldn't say he is slow in his play or his decision making. He also links up well with Yaya but sometimes they make a pass too many. One fault he does have IMO is that he would rather pass than take the responsibility sometimes, his goal at Wembley v Chelsea in the semis in 2013 sums that up. Maybe that's his Arsenal days?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.