Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the club

Didsbury Dave said:
If you can't see things aren't right then there's no point explaining it to you.
The attempt at patronising has failed Dave.

Tell me what needs steadying.

Tell me how we are in problems with our wonderful start that has garnered more points than last season, including wins at Brom and Fulham where we never do well.

Aye, get rid of t'bugger. He's only our second most successful manager ever, so clearly not good enough. I believe that Paul Jewell's at a loose end. There's the chap to keep us in the PL!

(For avoidance of doubt - this is irony.)

SWP's back said:
Didsbury Dave said:
If you can't see things aren't right then there's no point explaining it to you.

Tell me how we are in problems with our wonderful start that has garnered more points than last season, including wins at Brom and Fulham where we never do well.

You're looking at it arse about face, as are quite a few at the moment.

You're dead on - regardless of the performances we're doing well. But that doesn't change the problems at the back which we've had.

These "hatchet jobs" btw, have come from the club, from the players. Mancini likes hanging the English players in our squad out to dry and he likes to exert authority in a completely counterproductive manner.

Personally I find his comments from yesterday about his tactical limitations hilarious. Blaming the players for his own shortcomings is both embarrassing and hilarious. He should be careful he doesn't erode too much respect the players have for him.

BillyShears said:
SWP's back said:
Didsbury Dave said:

You're looking at it arse about face, as are quite a few at the moment.

You're dead on - regardless of the performances we're doing well. But that doesn't change the problems at the back which we've had.

These "hatchet jobs" btw, have come from the club, from the players. Mancini likes hanging the English players in our squad out to dry and he likes to exert authority in a completely counterproductive manner.

Personally I find his comments from yesterday about his tactical limitations hilarious. Blaming the players for his own shortcomings is both embarrassing and hilarious. He should be careful he doesn't erode too much respect the players have for him.
Thing is that our last 3 performances (in the league) have been excellent and I expect more today. Every time the media have given us a twatting, we have destroyed our next opponents.

That hatchet job above is ridiculous. Trying to claim Benitez as some sort of tactician is re-writing history in the most obscene way possible.

SWP's back said:
Didsbury Dave said:

get your head out of the sand. We have played maybe 15 games this season and I can remember 2 good performances(WBA and Sunderland) . For the most part in the other games we have been flapping around from formation to formation, scraping results with moments of brilliance. We haven't been dominating games and as soon as we've played in Europe our uncertainty in what we are doing has been exposed. The players have looked confused and frustrated at times; none more so than Ajax.

The good news is that the last three league performances have shown an improvement, mainly because we've stopped fucking about with systems and we've leant on the longer serving players and abandoned the players we bought in the summer.

We are out of two trophies. Mancini needs to build on the momentum we are starting to put together in the league and, like the author of the above piece says, stick To what we are good at: dominating midfield, breaking at pace and defending as a unit.

The players need that confidence back because we are going into some games which could define our season: utd and Chelsea for a start. Lose those and fall way behind and this season is turning into a disaster. Win them, get to the top of the league and the CL matters a lot less.

You can dress things up as much as you want, and I've seen loads of that this season already: 'we never win at fulham' and all that shite.this had not been a good couple of months for city, and it's been a fucking disastrous one for the manager. Let me be honest: he's been terrible.

johnny crossan said:
Didsbury Dave said:
... you could see from a million miles away the players are extremely unhappy.... Never thought before that it's always the English players but there does seem a pattern.
Mancini is really Mancio lol!

They probably share the same inherent sense of footballing superiority over the ungifted stone age English footballers they have to suffer with every day.

BillyShears said:
....Personally I find his comments from yesterday about his tactical limitations hilarious. Blaming the players for his own shortcomings is both embarrassing and hilarious. He should be careful he doesn't erode too much respect the players have for him.
I think when he said he blamed himself for not telling Lescott to jump higher for the second goal, Mancini revealed just how guilty he felt.

BillyShears said:
johnny crossan said:
Didsbury Dave said:
... you could see from a million miles away the players are extremely unhappy.... Never thought before that it's always the English players but there does seem a pattern.
Mancini is really Mancio lol!

They probably share the same inherent sense of footballing superiority over the ungifted stone age English footballers they have to suffer with every day.
They wouldn't be far wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.