Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the club

Didsbury Dave said:
If you can't see things aren't right then there's no point explaining it to you.

Yeah but Mancini will put it right like last season how many games have we played up to now? Lets look at positives first rather negatives hey! Or is it just your Personalty that the first thing you think about, about a performance is what we have done wrong..

tolmie's hairdoo said:
You can be Jose and Slur Alex combined, you can't win nowt without taking the entire dressing room with them.

Players get managers the sack, always have.
Well, we'll just have to see if the players do; starting this evening.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
You can be Jose and Slur Alex combined, you can't win nowt without taking the entire dressing room with them.

Seems he managed to win the FA Cup and Premier League without taking the dressing room with him which kind of kills off your point.

I think this thread is a massive over reaction to one bad performance. Firstly we are unbeaten in the Premiership and we have spent a lot less than the rags and chelsea, so we are preparing well for FFP coming into place.

Another point to bring up is this and last year were our first times in the Champions league, we have been drawn in the group of Death both times, we only just didn't qualify to the KO stages last year and this season we have been drawn in supposedly the toughest group in ECL history! Losing away to Ajax is far from embarrassing. Remember, we are champions of England, we are the team EVERYONE wants to beat. We are building a name for ourselves and who has managed that? Mancini.

Finally, people claiming bad tactics lost us the game? No, our tactics were bad, but we shouldn't have lost the game because of them, the way we set up for that corner was the way we always set up, if JL would have jumped and attacked the ball then they wouldn't have scored, there 3rd goal was a deflection from a counter because we were pushed up the pitch in search of an equaliser from JL's mistake. How some people can have the cheek to slag off Mancini when only Joe Hart tried in that game is beyond me... there were 10 of our players on that pitch acting complacent and felt we had the divine right to win that game.

And then for Micah Richards to come out after playing terribly, and slag off Mancini's tactics is incredibly disrespectful, so to say Mancini is out of order for telling him off is an absurd defence of someone who should have apologised for the performance and shut up! Micah has never been good with interviews I'm sure everyone who saw the FA cup game at Villa park a few years ago will remember what I mean, absolutely no thought goes into what comes out his mouth!

Anyway, sticking with the manager is the only way we will remain successful without spending, Mancini IS the man for the job, support him even if you oppose his decisions because our own fans slatting him will only make things worse!
Rant over!

Forza Mancini!!

RM'S problem is he is switching his defence to much. Instead of finding his strongest back 4 he keeps on switching every one around, this is not helping the defence at all. Yes I do know he kept on changing the fullbacks however when the chages were made it was both or none.

The sooner we pick a settled side the results will come. RM has got to get bak to what works for us which is 4-2-3-1. Our best game this season came when we played this formation and it also led to our 1st clean sheet of the season, so why RM can't see it I don't know.

However is it possible that RM is doing this to get back at Brian Marwood for delaying bringingin players and then not the players RM wanted on RM & bM know the answer to that question.

SWP's back said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Seems he managed to win the FA Cup and Premier League without taking the dressing room with him which kind of kills off your point.

Not really, bud. They are moments in history.

Principally, talking about here and now, the immediate future.

I think recent comments from some of our players lends more weight that there are differences of opinion, rather than outright mutiny, as others may suggest.

Bobby has a 24/7 balancing act. Scores of unexplained examples why a successful manager can start to lose his grip.

Case in point, Benitez. When he first came it was champagne and a Champions League title in the bag.

Seasons later, the likes of Torres and Gerrard shaking their heads in disbelief at some of the decision making process.

Marvin said:
Didsbury Dave said:
SWP's back said:
The attempt at patronising has failed Dave.

Tell me what needs steadying.

Tell me how we are in problems with our wonderful start that has garnered more points than last season, including wins at Brom and Fulham where we never do well.
get your head out of the sand. We have played maybe 15 games this season and I can remember 2 good performances(WBA and Sunderland) . For the most part in the other games we have been flapping around from formation to formation, scraping results with moments of brilliance. We haven't been dominating games and as soon as we've played in Europe our uncertainty in what we are doing has been exposed. The players have looked confused and frustrated at times; none more so than Ajax.

The good news is that the last three league performances have shown an improvement, mainly because we've stopped fucking about with systems and we've leant on the longer serving players and abandoned the players we bought in the summer.

We are out of two trophies. Mancini needs to build on the momentum we are starting to put together in the league and, like the author of the above piece says, stick To what we are good at: dominating midfield, breaking at pace and defending as a unit.

The players need that confidence back because we are going into some games which could define our season: utd and Chelsea for a start. Lose those and fall way behind and this season is turning into a disaster. Win them, get to the top of the league and the CL matters a lot less.

You can dress things up as much as you want, and I've seen loads of that this season already: 'we never win at fulham' and all that shite.this had not been a good couple of months for city, and it's been a fucking disastrous one for the manager. Let me be honest: he's been terrible.
That's OTT. You can't criticise our Premiership form/results

I can. Our league form was awful until the last two games. We've been putting out the wrong teams in the wrong formations and in patrticulat, the wrong midfields. Hence we've been getting dominated by inferior teams and getting out of jail.

Mancini has been terrible. Playing a back three which doesn't work. Playing yaya too deep. Changing systems three and four times in a game. Playing young players in tense games leading to errors. Playing a different back four every game. Withdrawing the best player on the park. Pissing off our good players. Exposing our flanks to good teams. Talking shit in the press.

He's made a load of mistakes this season. He needs to get it right and for our league run to lift the whole club. If you take Ajax out the equation, he had moved in the right direction recently to be fair to him: he's picking the right defenders and formation and not wasting yaya as much.

Swansea today is ideal. I expect a big win.

Really important moment this for the future of Man City - the club needs to be behind him and it needs to be obvious to all - press, players and supporters - in the same way it has been for Ferguson over the road, that Mancini's word is law when it comes to the team.

If we have to ditch a favourite or two to get the message home - get on board or fuck off - then so be it.

With the benefit of hindsight it's clear why Ferguson did so with the likes of Ince, Stam and Beckham - you do not question him or his methods.

If we want to dominate in the same way we need to do the same now.

You'll never stop the likes of this thread, or issues like we have had during and after Champions League games until we take that next step.

The Future's Blue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Well, we'll just have to see if the players do; starting this evening.

Maybe not the best gauge. I would expect us to smash em.

Albeit, if we don't get maximum points, it might be best to give this place a swerve for a few days!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.