Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the club

Second in the table and unbeaten in the league and we are questioning the future of the manager. It takes time to build a winning culture at a club and it takes time to become accustomed to the Champions League.

This week we have seen Chelsea, City and Arsenal lose and United come from two goals down. From what I have seen, our league is weak with the exception of three other teams and we simply do not face the calibre of opponent or the style of football brought to us by Dortmund and Ajax. Their pressing and composure on the ball and the speed and intricacy of their movement is not something we face every week. The movement between the lines seems something that we struggle to deal with as other premiership teams struggle to deal with David Silva's probing and movement in the same areas.

We are not in good form, the press and media are desperate for us to fail because it creates good copy and sells papers. How many times do we hear about Yaya's wages or Dzeko's desire to leave or Barcelona's pursuit of Silva?

Stick together blues and support the club through the most exciting times in our recent history. Don't give the media another tool to beat us with. Let's ride out this poor form, second in the league and will our team to another title.

dctid said:
To be honest i think the players need to take much of the blame as much as anybody

The work rate today expecially in the first half Tevez apart was wank and when compared to last week with 10 men it was just appaling that can only be the players

Thought Tevez / Aguero and Nasri did not give much options in the first half hence the slow build up

This. It always amazes me how players get away with so much while the manager is made to shoulder all the responsibility.

I'm in 109 in the East Stand and there was a rumour that Mancini could be gone tonight.

Probably some no mark looking for his five minutes.

Blue Haze said:
adrianr said:
100+ pages and we're considering Rafa Benitez?

Rafa 'FACT' Benitez?

Monkeys with typewriters springs to mind, but infinite time clearly doesn't produce Shakespeare.

Ludicrous, really.

If you're going to suggest sacking Mancini, at least suggest someone who wouldn't take the club backwards.

I think i would self harm if Benitez ever came here

citymad said:
Sky Blue said:
citymad said:
I'm a Mancini supporter but the way he's treating Sinclair, Dzeko and persisting with Balotelli and kolorov is quite frankly bizarre. Can't help wonder that if pep, hiddink or Rafa was in charge now we'd have a much more settled style of play and the players would look happy.

Hiddink or Rafa?......what a clueless little man you are.

I'm glad he persisted with Balotelli tonight otherwise we wouldn't have had the 3 points.

In what way did balotelli change the game ? Did nothing apart from winning a corner once late on. It was tevez's energy, desire and skill that won us the game.

Rafa Benitez....When I've stopped laughing at that ridiculous suggestion I'll get back to you....

Sky Blue said:
citymad said:
I'm a Mancini supporter but the way he's treating Sinclair, Dzeko and persisting with Balotelli and kolorov is quite frankly bizarre. Can't help wonder that if pep, hiddink or Rafa was in charge now we'd have a much more settled style of play and the players would look happy.

Hiddink or Rafa?......what a clueless little man you are.

I'm glad he persisted with Balotelli tonight otherwise we wouldn't have had the 3 points.
We've had Mourinho, Guardiola, Klopp, and Benitez touted on here already, it is Hiddink's turn to be "suggested with valid reasons" or "worth a discussion".

moomba said:
forevermancity said:
He was a tevez wonder goal away from getting a kicking from all angles tonight, pretty sure the Mancini fanboys wouldn't have been able to defend that performance.

Great to have 3 points and a clean sheet, but fuck me are we boring and slow, reminded me of the Pearce days tonight.

Laughable.

Really? Without doubt the worst 45 mins at home I´ve seen under Bob - 4 or 5 simply couldn´t be arsed - I think professional pride kicked in for 15 mins and won us the game along with CT who I advocated as a stand in mid a while back and tonight it paid off - we missed the fookin boat big time not bringing in Dembele and Caazorla - instead we got Sinclair and Rodwell - that´s all I have to say

blink922 said:
dctid said:
To be honest i think the players need to take much of the blame as much as anybody

The work rate today expecially in the first half Tevez apart was wank and when compared to last week with 10 men it was just appaling that can only be the players

Thought Tevez / Aguero and Nasri did not give much options in the first half hence the slow build up

This. It always amazes me how players get away with so much while the manager is made to shoulder all the responsibility.

This x2

Outside of Tevez and Micah, the players were walking around the pitch. Clichy and Kolarov were putting balls into the stands.

No way does Mancini or the "system" take the blame for that horseshit.

It's about picking the points up before Christmas then kicking on after!! How many times has the scum scraped wins and struggled before new year and all the media come out and stick up for them saying its about points early season and we all know how they come good in the last month or two! I'm happy where we are at moment 2nd in league and not even playing that well!

Davs 19 said:
joezilla said:
support or no support from the fans, at the moment he's really hanging on a thread.

.....with a newly signed 5 year deal....so pleased are owners aren't reactionary knee jerkers like some......
i don't want to sound like one, but lets be realistic about it. what are deals in modern football? the stakes are too high and everything changes literally over night(the tevez issue from last year is your best example).
that thread i'm talking off is the league title at the moment. chelskea are spending a lot to win it and falkao is most likely to join them in january. mancini got 50 million to spend on players that he never uses and for a system that proved to be a complete and utter failure. it's not my cash so i don't care, but i'm sure the sheiks aren't so casual about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.