Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the club

BillyShears said:
GStar said:
Imagine our team if we'd got Mancini transfer targets of the last couple of windows: Sanchez, Hazard, Ibra, Thiago Silva and Javi Martinez.

Imagine our wage bill ... ;)

Yeah, some people dont realize this.

GStar said:
Malty said:
Things won't get better with Mancini then last season.

There's only one step to improve on, that's Europe. We won't win the title every year for 20 years, no team does.

If some fans had thier way, i think we'd end up being a laughing stock like Chelsea, where no right minded successful manager should take the hot seat.

Add that to the fact there's a real lack of talented managers that would build up a potential
candidate list and i think we've got plenty more from Mancini, a decent Jan transfer window would help.

Imagine our team if we'd got Mancini transfer targets of the last couple of windows: Sanchez, Hazard, Ibra, Thiago Silva and Javi Martinez.
I don't think I've ever disagreed more with a post. Every point is blatantly incorrect

DD said:
GStar said:
Malty said:

There's only one step to improve on, that's Europe. We won't win the title every year for 20 years, no team does.

If some fans had thier way, i think we'd end up being a laughing stock like Chelsea, where no right minded successful manager should take the hot seat.

Add that to the fact there's a real lack of talented managers that would build up a potential
candidate list and i think we've got plenty more from Mancini, a decent Jan transfer window would help.

Chelsea the laughing stock that has won three Championships in seven years, are European Champions and FA Cup holders, are one point behind us in the league if the beat Southampton at home and are nailed on to win the League Cup.

A club where no proven manager such as Mourinho or Benitex would ever up, or where Guardiola is tipped to end up.

Trouble is, Mancini can't get his own way with a £100 million of new players every window so there comes a point where he might, just might have to start relying on some kind of tactical nouse instead.
+1

GStar said:
Malty said:

Imagine our team if we had purchased every player on the planet...!!

GStar said:
Malty said:

Wtf? Imagine the team I he had his targets?

He has had enough of his fucking targets, you make him sound like a fucking kid who hasn't had his daily sweets.

No wonder other fans dislike us with comments like that.

So if Mancini doesn't get his targets every year, we can't be expected to win things?

Fuck me

my worry, united sorting there defence.

I trust Mancini to have the knoweldge to sort things and maybe come up with the Plan B we are desperate for.
I also trust that our owners will back the manager in January to strengthen.
And i deffo trust that now Marwood is (thankfully) out the way the new guy from Barca will push the required targets through to completion, something that Marwood failed miserable at in the summer.

BUT! my worry is that United will sort there defence out.. if there strikers stay injury free and continue to score but they also stop leaking goals, well THAT could be our biggest problem. A problem that would be out of our control.

Cant keep throwing money at our problems, we have the team to do it we just need some kind of plan during games

Imagine how good we would be with the entire Barcelona team at his disposal?

Actually scrub that, we'd probably still be behind United because Messi, Iniesta and Xavi would get rested every other game and then we'd bring them back into absurd formations that none of them are familiar with.

bapi said:
Chelsea the laughing stock that has won three Championships in seven years, are European Champions and FA Cup holders, are one point behind us in the league if the beat Southampton at home and are nailed on to win the League Cup.

A club where no proven manager such as Mourinho or Benitex would ever up, or where Guardiola is tipped to end up.

Trouble is, Mancini can't get his own way with a £100 million of new players every window so there comes a point where he might, just might have to start relying on some kind of tactical nouse instead.
+1[/quote]

Laughing stock in terms of their treatment of managers. Honestly, if you were a top manager, would you go there? Not interested in paper rumours they'll link names with anyone. But hy any manager would go there, if they're successful i've no idea. Outside of greed there is no point.

The owners buys the players and demands they play i.e Torres/Hazard. If you are a talented manager there's no scope to put your stamp on the team, to build your ideas and culture upon the team - to make it yours.

So whilst you can point to short term success, lets see their long term sustainability, because i can't see how they'll be bringing in great managers unless Abramovich changes his philosophies drastically and quickly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.