Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the club

Chippy_boy said:
Ray78 said:
Blue Haze said:
This might be shaping up just the way Txiki and Soriano want. The bad summer transfers were on Marwood's watch, the poor poor performance attributable to staff they didn't hire and players they didn't buy.

I think they will pull the trigger on Mancini at the end of the season or earlier if we start free falling. Mancini can still save his job if he turns things around and wins the league, but that's a hell of a feat when the new CEO and DOF probably want their own manager in.

Just guessing, of course. Put yourself in their shoes for a moment. Would you want your jobs dependent on a foreign manager you didn't hire, or your own countryman who won you everything at Barca? It's not hard to figure out what they logically desire.

No doubt, however the trick is to persuade Pep to take the job.

Bluemooners would do well to consider why we have hired Soriano and Begiristain in the first place. Is it to develop our academy? No. Is it to help get the best out of Mancini? No. Is it to wheel and deal on the transfer market. No.

Of course they can help with these things, but that is not why we hired them.

dealing in the transfer market is exactly why Begiristain has been signed.

BlueAnorak said:
Mancini said that we had to step up and wanted 4 players early in the summer:
A good striker - the striker went to the rags and is scoring for fun.
A wide midfielder - He wanted Hazard -we got Sinclair. Hazard is having a good season. His alternative Stevan Jovetic is still at Fiorentina. Sinclair may as well as not be at City because he has never been given a chance.
A DM - he got two of these. Not the ones he really wanted. Both the ones he got are seemingly injury prone.
A Central Defender. He got a good one (Nastatic).

We got none of the non-defence options. Not one. If we had paid the required transfer fee and/or the required wage we would have got the players we wanted. The only reason I can think of is the effect of FFP. If so complying with FFP is hurting us badly - but at the same time Mancini has been badly let down.

We are where we are and Mancini has to deal with our problems with what he has. The next few weeks will show if he is up to motivating the team.

Incidentally, if he is fired it will cost the club £28m against FFP over the next three-five seasons - no matter what some hard core Anti-Mancini posters on here think. Certainly more expensive than paying the money for the players Mancini wanted.

common sense? nah ... I can not stand the common sense, I'm going to bed

Blueroses said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
It shouldn't take just bad results to open a few more eyes.

The team is stagnating for good reason.

Mancini thinks winning the title last season makes him bullet proof.

His biggest failing is to himself. It is always someone else's fault for results going awry.

Bad Champions League draw x2, Marwood, Hart, Mario, referees, not having enough players.

We don't improve because Mancini does not feel he needs to improve himself.

In all honesty we must admit that the squad has not improved in any way with the signings and we have regressed a bit. When was the last time we played to the level of trashing spurs 5-1 or the first half against Newcastle? Not that much ...the squad is imbalanced too much strikers only silva the one creating chances and before we know it he will be burnt out. There a lot of problems that need addressing and the summer seems like the time we see if it happens.

My main concern is how he falls out with players on what seems a whim...Why is Lescott out of favour? A good player in a good defence in a title winning side? we are worse for that shit idea, Garcia? Sinclair?Rodwell? Sure he signed these for spite to show what happens when you don't follow the RM way,a winning way so far but patience is wearing thin everywhere.

Chippy_boy said:
Ray78 said:
Blue Haze said:
This might be shaping up just the way Txiki and Soriano want. The bad summer transfers were on Marwood's watch, the poor poor performance attributable to staff they didn't hire and players they didn't buy.

I think they will pull the trigger on Mancini at the end of the season or earlier if we start free falling. Mancini can still save his job if he turns things around and wins the league, but that's a hell of a feat when the new CEO and DOF probably want their own manager in.

Just guessing, of course. Put yourself in their shoes for a moment. Would you want your jobs dependent on a foreign manager you didn't hire, or your own countryman who won you everything at Barca? It's not hard to figure out what they logically desire.

Bluemooners would do well to consider why we have hired Soriano and Begiristain in the first place. Is it to develop our academy? No. Is it to help get the best out of Mancini? No. Is it to wheel and deal on the transfer market. No.

why we hired them then ?

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Chippy_boy said:
Ray78 said:

With the greatest respect, I don't agree. There's a much bigger agenda.

Mancio said:
Chippy_boy said:
Ray78 said:

why we hired them then ?
Because Barca have never run out of chips while they were there?

Mancio said:
BlueAnorak said:
Mancini said that we had to step up and wanted 4 players early in the summer:
A good striker - the striker went to the rags and is scoring for fun.
A wide midfielder - He wanted Hazard -we got Sinclair. Hazard is having a good season. His alternative Stevan Jovetic is still at Fiorentina. Sinclair may as well as not be at City because he has never been given a chance.
A DM - he got two of these. Not the ones he really wanted. Both the ones he got are seemingly injury prone.
A Central Defender. He got a good one (Nastatic).

We got none of the non-defence options. Not one. If we had paid the required transfer fee and/or the required wage we would have got the players we wanted. The only reason I can think of is the effect of FFP. If so complying with FFP is hurting us badly - but at the same time Mancini has been badly let down.

We are where we are and Mancini has to deal with our problems with what he has. The next few weeks will show if he is up to motivating the team.

Incidentally, if he is fired it will cost the club £28m against FFP over the next three-five seasons - no matter what some hard core Anti-Mancini posters on here think. Certainly more expensive than paying the money for the players Mancini wanted.

common sense? nah ... I can not stand the common sense, I'm going to bed
So we needed another 100 million spent to beat Sunderland yes thats common sense. Mancini isnt getting the best out of this world class team at his disposal end off.

Chippy_boy said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Chippy_boy said:

With the greatest respect, I don't agree. There's a much bigger agenda.

I think you do both Soriano and Begiristain a huge disservice if you think they were only appointed to improve our chances of getting Guardiola.

Mancio said:
Chippy_boy said:
Ray78 said:

why we hired them then ?

Because we have wanted Guardiola for ages and we are on a mission to get him. Why do you think Mancini was not allowed to send big on his transfer targets?

Mancini tactics are to keep spending money and not to come up with a plan B or alternative system.

The team hasn't been found out, Mancini has.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.