Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the club

It shouldn't take just bad results to open a few more eyes.

The team is stagnating for good reason.

Mancini thinks winning the title last season makes him bullet proof.

His biggest failing is to himself. It is always someone else's fault for results going awry.

Bad Champions League draw x2, Marwood, Hart, Mario, referees, not having enough players.

We don't improve because Mancini does not feel he needs to improve himself.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

His biggest failing is to himself. It is always someone else's fault for results going awry.

Bad Champions League draw x2, Marwood, Hart, Mario, referees, not having enough players.

i agree mate, Rather than slagging off his players our manager needs to take a long hard look at himself, dodgy tactics, strange line-ups, no continuity.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

calling them soft c***s in the papers is hardly going to motivate them to put a shift in at Norwich.He carries on he wont last the season.

I want Mancini out. This is not a knee-jerk reaction, I am not a glory hunter, a school child or a "rag".

This season we have regressed.

This summer we purchased Maicon, Garcia, Rodwell, Sinclair and Nastasic. Only one of these players has been a regular starter for us. Yet January arrives and still some people think that spending big again will solve our problems. It will not. No matter what people say, this is Mancini's squad and these were all his signings. It doesn't wash with me when people blame Marwood for signings like Sinclair but heap praise on Mancini for signing Silva and Toure. We already have a world class squad that should be doing alot better. Every time we lose there is a chance that Mancini will say "we need more players", why can he not look to the academy? Is Sinclair really worth his fee and wages when we have players like Suarez and Guidetti waiting for a chance?

Another issue i have is that Mancini has such an ego. He never learns from his mistakes. Last season at home Napoli sat back all game and scored one goal on the counter. So in the "must win" away leg you would assume that we would sit deep and not commit so many players forward. Right? No, what do we do? Commit as many men forward as possible and concede another goal on the counter (Cavani's second). This season was the same but with Ajax and Erikson. He is good at scoring from corners so in the second leg, carry on with zonal marking instead of man marking him. Genius. Today he took of Tevez and we finished with Lescott upfront. It would be comical if it wasn't so sad. Why keep Silva on today who gave the ball away time and time again? I know why because "i can take Tevez off, yeah that's right, i'll show him who's boss." Also why can he not just accept that Balotelli is a failed project? He acts like a clown off the pitch... and on it aswell! If Aguero had scored 1 goal in 13 then everyone would be on his back. But Balotelli? Nah, he's alright aint he 'cos he wears a glove hat and gives money to tramps! What's that? 3 red cards last season? Nah it's 'cos he is young, he will learn. Never mind the fact that he has been playing senior football for the last 5 seasons and hasn't progressed in that time at all.

As for his man management skills... This season Richards and Zabaleta have said that they prefer 4-4-2 instead of 5 at the back.
A. Why is Mancini not tailoring his system for his players?
B. Why're the players allowed to publicly question our tactics?
It wouldn't happen at any other top club. I hate to say it but can you imagine Camel gob criticising Fergie? No.

In my opinion bringing in Soriano and Begiristain is paving the way for Guardiola this Summer. I cannot believe people actually dismiss Pep's achievement at Barcelona. Don't forget this is the man that came in and sold Ronaldinho, Eto'o and Deco for the good of the team spirit. It takes balls to do that and it could of backfired horrifically. We need a radical shake up, someone to come in and get rid of Balotelli and Dzeko (whom i admire for his work ethic but please, my Nan has a better touch than him), someone who will look to youth instead of panic buying players like Sinclair and Maicon. In my opinion Guardiola is the only man who can make us a European power-house whilst unifying the squad.

Peace out.

Blue Phil said:
I want Mancini out. This is not a knee-jerk reaction, I am not a glory hunter, a school child or a "rag".

This season we have regressed.

This summer we purchased Maicon, Garcia, Rodwell, Sinclair and Nastasic. Only one of these players has been a regular starter for us. Yet January arrives and still some people think that spending big again will solve our problems. It will not. No matter what people say, this is Mancini's squad and these were all his signings. It doesn't wash with me when people blame Marwood for signings like Sinclair but heap praise on Mancini for signing Silva and Toure. We already have a world class squad that should be doing alot better. Every time we lose there is a chance that Mancini will say "we need more players", why can he not look to the academy? Is Sinclair really worth his fee and wages when we have players like Suarez and Guidetti waiting for a chance?

Another issue i have is that Mancini has such an ego. He never learns from his mistakes. Last season at home Napoli sat back all game and scored one goal on the counter. So in the "must win" away leg you would assume that we would sit deep and not commit so many players forward. Right? No, what do we do? Commit as many men forward as possible and concede another goal on the counter (Cavani's second). This season was the same but with Ajax and Erikson. He is good at scoring from corners so in the second leg, carry on with zonal marking instead of man marking him. Genius. Today he took of Tevez and we finished with Lescott upfront. It would be comical if it wasn't so sad. Why keep Silva on today who gave the ball away time and time again? I know why because "i can take Tevez off, yeah that's right, i'll show him who's boss." Also why can he not just accept that Balotelli is a failed project? He acts like a clown off the pitch... and on it aswell! If Aguero had scored 1 goal in 13 then everyone would be on his back. But Balotelli? Nah, he's alright aint he 'cos he wears a glove hat and gives money to tramps! What's that? 3 red cards last season? Nah it's 'cos he is young, he will learn. Never mind the fact that he has been playing senior football for the last 5 seasons and hasn't progressed in that time at all.

As for his man management skills... This season Richards and Zabaleta have said that they prefer 4-4-2 instead of 5 at the back.
A. Why is Mancini not tailoring his system for his players?
B. Why're the players allowed to publicly question our tactics?
It wouldn't happen at any other top club. I hate to say it but can you imagine Camel gob criticising Fergie? No.

In my opinion bringing in Soriano and Begiristain is paving the way for Guardiola this Summer. I cannot believe people actually dismiss Pep's achievement at Barcelona. Don't forget this is the man that came in and sold Ronaldinho, Eto'o and Deco for the good of the team spirit. It takes balls to do that and it could of backfired horrifically. We need a radical shake up, someone to come in and get rid of Balotelli and Dzeko (whom i admire for his work ethic but please, my Nan has a better touch than him), someone who will look to youth instead of panic buying players like Sinclair and Maicon. In my opinion Guardiola is the only man who can make us a European power-house whilst unifying the squad.

Peace out.
Not read it, but not sure an extra 8 year extension is required. Happy with the 5 tbh

Performances like today against Norwich and stoke, which will be difficult games in the same way as reading and sunderland, then the pressure will really start to mount. Next two games will be crucial to our season and mancini job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.