Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the club

The way i see it where under presure to get a champions league spot like in 2010 and that isnt good enough.Mancini needs to start getting results now or he is toast in the summer.The transfer market in January wont tell us anything about Mancinis job results will.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Rammy Blue said:
IF it becomes 9/10 point gap on Saturday then I reckon it would result in the trigger being pulled. It's always going to be easier to make the decision at a low point as there ends up being far less fallout with the media, if we waited until the end of the season and managed to claw it back to say 3/4 points then we'd get murders for sacking Bob at that point.
Our next three games are Norwich (A), Stoke (H) and Arsenal (A). The rags have West Brom (H), Wigan (A) and Liverpool (H).

On current form we might only get 2 or 3 points. If we do and the rags get 6 or 7 then it's a double figure gap and I would say that's it for the title. Or we could get 6 or 7 and they could get 2 or 3. Then it's game on.

I'd be delighted if we'd keep this gap in that period and over the moon if we would cut 1 or 2 points.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Rammy Blue said:
IF it becomes 9/10 point gap on Saturday then I reckon it would result in the trigger being pulled. It's always going to be easier to make the decision at a low point as there ends up being far less fallout with the media, if we waited until the end of the season and managed to claw it back to say 3/4 points then we'd get murders for sacking Bob at that point.
Our next three games are Norwich (A), Stoke (H) and Arsenal (A). The rags have West Brom (H), Wigan (A) and Liverpool (H).

On current form we might only get 2 or 3 points. If we do and the rags get 6 or 7 then it's a double figure gap and I would say that's it for the title. Or we could get 6 or 7 and they could get 2 or 3. Then it's game on.

It's just all about the timing, we have to take 6 points from Norwich and Stoke as I'd fully expect the rags to get 6 from WBA and Wigan - otherwise we'll be sat on Jan 1 with a 9/10 point gap which imo will be the perfect time for our board to dispense with Bob's services when we will take minimum flak from the media.

That would still allow us the month of Jan to make a start at bringing in new recruits ready for the new manager.

I certainly don't believe it's all over yet and I'd love us to take 6 points from the next 2 games, I just get that feeling that it isn't going to happen.

Well, Stoke next, probably the best team for parking the bus, will we break them down?
If we don't, then it could be a ten point gap on 1st January 2013 if West Brom don't have a good game and we play ala Sunderland and other recent games in which we struggled to score.
10 points is not good, but there again I think we need to concern ourselves not just with the gap, but with Chelski who are right up our jacksie.
If we slip up a couple more times, we are heading for 3rd or 4th in the league.
Spuds, Arsenal and Chelski are all improving fast, we are stagnant, maybe even going backwards a little and with missing players over the coming 6 weeks or so, we could find ourselves falling right off the pace.
Watford in the FA Cup won't be easy, they are up their and playing well. What team will be put on the park for that one? I suggest our strongest because should we find ourselves 10 points behind going into that game, the pressure will be on Mancini to get a result the following week in the cup. If we go out of that, he's on a slippery slope.
Having followed football for 40 years, and having witnessed players not playing for the managers and dare I say it, managers not putting their all in, part of me thinks something is not quite as it seems, or as it should be.
Maybe there is something brewing, of which the manager and players don't quite see as their ideal.
Whilst at Sunderland yesterday, I honestly felt as if some players were not giving their all, the player selections and positions, all be it restricted through injuries and illness were not good and the effort around the box, other than the last 5 minutes was just bobbins.
Something is not right, the fans in the ground yesterday saw and felt it, and was reflected in their poor showing of appreciation towards the players, at least for the few that did walk over and attempt to applaud us at the end.
The players knew we were not happy, I just wonder what the fook is going on.
We simply cannot continue playing as we are doing week after week, when nothing changes on the pitch.

Rammy Blue said:

Sadly I think Mancini will limp on through to the end of the season regardless of results. I've no idea what the thoughts of Txiki and Ferran are, but I don't think they'll be too concerned with losing out on the league this season, and will probably just see it as an easier way to get their own man in in the summer.

Mancini for his part has it in him to completely implode, however I think he can see in the tea leaves that the two new guys can't be trifled with, and will protect his pay off. He will have learned from his brain fart resignation at Inter.

Very funny and very interesting that we're going into January and it's the first time since Mancini's come in that he's not demanding new players - and in fact was quoted the other day as saying the players he has are good enough. Quite a turn around.

BillyShears said:
Rammy Blue said:

Sadly I think Mancini will limp on through to the end of the season regardless of results. I've no idea what the thoughts of Txiki and Ferran are, but I don't think they'll be too concerned with losing out on the league this season, and will probably just see it as an easier way to get their own man in in the summer.

Mancini for his part has it in him to completely implode, however I think he can see in the tea leaves that the two new guys can't be trifled with, and will protect his pay off. He will have learned from his brain fart resignation at Inter.

Very funny and very interesting that we're going into January and it's the first time since Mancini's come in that he's not demanding new players - and in fact was quoted the other day as saying the players he has are good enough. Quite a turn around.

with the injuries we have you'd play the best 11 possible, he doesn't. bye bye bob.

Prestwich_Blue said:
chesterbells said:
moomba said:
True, but beside the point. It's not the way I want our club to act, and in the long term I think it will cause damage to Chelsea.

You don't rate what Chelsea have done but their trophy haul in recent years is not to be dismissed. I don't believe you need to keep a manager for decades to ensure success
I've been thinking about this and Chelsea is an interesting case. They spent a lot of money pre-Mourinho but he was the manager that put it all together and won two consecutive titles. He also established the basis for their system, which was anchored by an exceptional spine - Cech, Terry, Lampard, Drogba - and a good supporting cast. Even Avram Grant nearly won the CL playing the Mourinho system with those players.

Managers like Scolari and AVB tried to screw around with it and fucked up because the players knew the system that JM introdiced played to their strengths. They had to do something different at some point though and Di Matteo did that, plus it helped that they won the CL as they could attract decent players as the old guard started to move aside. However it took a bit of tactical tweaking from Benitez to get that little bit extra out of them and get them performing to the level they should be.

Mancini has half-done what Mourinho did for them but he can't seem to take it forward as teams adapt to our style. So while our worry is that Mourinho may not be interested in building a dynasty over 10 years, would it be worth getting him in for 2 or 3 years just to establish that winning mentality and system? Then let the next manager (Klopp, Guardiola or someone else) build for the long term on what JM might have put in place?

Ideally, yes.
Still reckon he'd prefer another job round here, given the choice, but even if he were to only be with us 2/3 years I'd still bite his hand off for it.

BillyShears said:
Rammy Blue said:

If he didnt get the players he wanted in the summer when he could walk on water he isnt going to get them now

BillyShears said:

Wouldnt be the case if Marwood would be still in charge.

BillyShears said:
Rammy Blue said:

It's an unfortunate consequence of new contracts that managers get the opportunity to not be overly concerned about getting the bullet. That said I think that Bob will be full justified in picking up a payout for what he has achieved over the last 3 years.

If this was just a stutter then I think Ferran and Txiki would probably cut Bob some slack but the fact that we are half way through the season and still not hitting form then I reckon the knives will be out.

Assuming they don't see Bob as being long term for us, and obviously that's not a given, then it comes down to timing and I reckon they'd see a 9/10 point gap as ample reason to pull the trigger without being overly worried about how it gets portrayed in the media - bear in mind that Bob is now second, behind Brian McDermott, in the sack race odds....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.