Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the club

moomba said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Oh come on seriously any member of this forum could set out a side from our squad to beat Villa at home.

Don't be silly.

You just illustrate what an impossible job it is for any manager of ours to be seen as doing a good job.

100% criticism for the bad, 0% praise for the good.

Yes a perfect example

Brendan Rodgers and the Liverpool coaching system couldn't set up to beat Villa at home yet you are arrogant enough to think that you could.

moomba said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Oh come on seriously any member of this forum could set out a side from our squad to beat Villa at home.

Don't be silly.

You just illustrate what an impossible job it is for any manager of ours to be seen as doing a good job.

The victories against West Brom, Fulham and Newcastle are the matches he should be praised for not winning at home against absolute shite teams.

moomba said:
IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
Most semi-decent managers who could have been at City for the past 3 years and had the financial spending clout that Bob has enjoyed would probably also have enjoyed the 2 major trophies in 3 years.....plus it is unlikely that they would have done as poorly in Europe as we have in the last 2 seasons.

It's easy to say that knowing that you can never be proven wrong. Personally I think the cup, and league titles were huge achievements for the manager.

Europe has been disappointing and will need to be sorted next season. This season may still turn out to be a very successful one so I'm not going to get carried away with that just yet.

But this is the problem with many on here, they refuse to give him any credit for the good things he has done. But allocate 100% of the blame to him when things don't work out. They will never be satisfied with any manager.

I think Mancini does deserve more credit than a lot of his detractors would allow and I don't believe that there is a long list of genuine alternatives that would have achieved more. However, to my mind, Mancini has not by any means got the maximum out of his resources and we are definitely underachieving at the moment, with no sign that he will change his approach. The players won't "die" for Mancini and that is becoming more and more of a problem.

I'm not keen on the idea of removing him without a suitable replacement being lined-up and certainly would not want an interim manager brought in from outside.

Yes but you can only beat who is put infront of you bud.

Praise is still deserved, i shudder to think if praise was only given to great performances to against great teams.

A good example is the Reading match, i never really go in the Garcia thread due to the posters inbetween rounds on fifa post to say he is shit and slow.
However he did well and i noticed nobody had posted a "Good stuff, more of this please" post in 9 hours of the match ending, so i did.

Not one of the naysayers said a word, not a word or bump acknowledging a good game from him.

I'm just backing Daniels point up here as there is a lot more posts with doom and gloom than possitive ones.

Danielmanc said:
moomba said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

Don't be silly.

Yes a perfect example

Brendan Rodgers and the Liverpool coaching system couldn't set up to beat Villa at home yet you are arrogant enough to think that you could.
Does Brendan Rodgers have a world class squad as us? Stupid comparison

Danielmanc said:
moomba said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

Don't be silly.

Yes a perfect example

With our players why not?

Danielmanc said:
moomba said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

Don't be silly.

Yes a perfect example

Without wanting to be pedantic, last time I checked Liverpool didn't have our squad.

Lucky13 said:
Danielmanc said:
moomba said:
Don't be silly.

Yes a perfect example

With our players why not?

Easy to do in the fictional world of Bluemoon - harder to do in reality as the results of all teams throughout the season prove. Just when any team thinks a result is 'easy' real life bites them on the ass. Ask the United manager after Wigan away last season.

For those who think "anyone on here could do it with this squad", I think you're delusional and couldn't do it in reality. Fortunately, you'll never be given the option to prove me right or wrong

So 5-0 is now the minimum expectation against Aston Villa at home.

What have we become?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.